Television Black Mirror | Season 6 out June 15th

AaronRedDevil

Thought there was a new trailer for Black Mirror. Dammit. Hope they get back on form. Last season was pure shit.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Last 2 seasons have had a few good episodes but more mediocre ones.

Still looking forward to what they come up with nonetheless

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Sorry for the bump, but i recently started watching this series again, and saw episode 3 seasoson 3 yesterday, "Shut up and dance".
Wow... what an episode! I got so stressed by watching it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Sorry for the bump, but i recently started watching this series again, and saw episode 3 seasoson 3 yesterday, "Shut up and dance".
Oh, feck off dammit.

Gimme more Black Mirror you bastards

ScholesyTheWise

Every once in a while I rewatch the episode with the mechanic bees... dunno why. There've been much better episodes.
Maybe I'm just into the Trainspotting girl.

@Grylte Yeah, shut up and dance is a brilliant one.

I also quite like the one with Waldo the blue cartoon figure. Never seen it talked about much.

AaronRedDevil

I hope someone kicks you in the balls next time you get excited.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Darkest episode, ending shook me.

Sylar

One of my fav EPs / twists. And also makes you view the very first scene in the restaurant differently

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Maybe the final Black Mirror episode is all of us fans becoming more and more desperate for more Black Mirror?
:lol: wouldn't surprise me if another episode gets announced but never releases. "Half Life 3".

Grylte

One of my fav EPs / twists. And also makes you view the very first scene in the restaurant differently
Right, didn't think of that before.
Some of these has to be watched again, am currently watching the highest rated episode, and i got curious to why it's so highly rated, so i checked comments on imdb, aparantly it gets better if you watch it a few times.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I always remember White Bear (I think that's the name), loved it.

I think it's too high budget now to work the way the first few seasons did.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Since people are talking about their favorite episodes:

1. Be Right Back
2. San Junipero
3. Shut up and Dance
4. Entire History of You
5. Hated in the Nation

Only saw one episode of season 5 and didn't watch the rest of the season. The show really took a nosedive after season 3.

I was worried when I heard it was going to Netflix after season 2 but season 3 was really good so it seemed like the transition would be good, sadly it declined after that.

Other than the story within the episodes, I think the music in some of them is underrated and give a great ending to some. Shut up and dance, hated in the nation, entire History have great music in the ending that complete the episodes. Others like Nosedive and San Junipero have good music throughout the episode. Love listening to the soundtrack for some episodes occasionally.

Last edited:

Sylar

Everyone seemingly loves San junipero. I just thought it was ok. Probably in the minority here though

Andy_Cole

Everyone seemingly loves San junipero. I just thought it was ok. Probably in the minority here though
Same. Unmemorable for me.

Best for me were:
White Xmas
Shut up and dance
White bear
Entire History of You
Fifteen Million Merits

Grylte

I watched 2-3 episodes non-stop, then came to San Junipero, been stuck halfway through for 2 days now.
I know this is the highest rated one, but it's not doing it for me. Maybe it's not dark and scary enough.

Sylar

I watched 2-3 episodes non-stop, then came to San Junipero, been stuck halfway through for 2 days now.
I know this is the highest rated one, but it's not doing it for me. Maybe it's not dark and scary enough.
I'm wondering if it's because it was the first one with a happy ending ?

Same. Unmemorable for me.

Best for me were:
White Xmas
Shut up and dance
White bear
Entire History of You
Fifteen Million Merits
I liked white bear.
Also liked the David Cameron one :nervous:

Grylte

I wouldn't know yet :lol:
But i did see some spoilers while looking at the highest rated episodes on imdb, so i kind of know what's going to happen.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
This is how I would rank the episodes. I've omitted the ones that are just OK(or bad).

1. San Junipero
2. The Entire History of You
3. White Christmas
4. White Bear
5. Shut Up and Dance
6. USS Callister
7. Hang the DJ
8. Fifteen Million Merits

USS Callister is poorly written but so much fun. Meth Damon is so good at playing creeps :lol:

Season 5 was an atrocity.

Grylte

Thought Nosedive was alright too, a few annoying parts, but i guess that's what made it good.

Andy_Cole

Yeh to be fair my next 3 I would’ve named were the pig episode, USS Calister and Nosedive. Nosedive is usually the episode I describe when explaining the show to someone.

Grylte

There's one thing i didn't understand in the episode. This guy who was flirting with Kelly, said to the other one:
"Try a different time. I saw her in the 80s, 90s and some time in 2002..."

I have seen of course, that we jump ahead in time a couple times, but still doesn't make sense...

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I'm more impressed that you guys know the names of the episodes to this extent.

I just vaguely describe what they're about in any attempt to remember or rank them :lol:

dal

Tbf 'shut up and dance' kinda has a happy ending for those who hate paedos and such :nervous:
It had a massive gaping hole in i I thought though. The camera was in his webcam and not in his room, so I don't quite understand how they filmed him being a paedo.

Sylar

It had a massive gaping hole in i I thought though. The camera was in his webcam and not in his room, so I don't quite understand how they filmed him being a paedo.
They could also see the websites he was viewing too iirc

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Also, were there only two paedos (fight to the death) or were the other characters also the same? The first lady was a racist politician right? The dad loved Mindy, but was Mindy supposed to be a minor? And what was the scooter delivery guy's misdemeanor?

Andy_Cole

Also, were there only two paedos (fight to the death) or were the other characters also the same? The first lady was a racist politician right? The dad loved Mindy, but was Mindy supposed to be a minor? And what was the scooter delivery guy's misdemeanor?
I think just 2 paedos. The others had shit on them too but different stuff. I thought the dad was messing with a hooker called Mindy. No age or anything mentioned?

Zen

Still rank the National Anthem highly myself... great start to it all imo. I like all of the first 4 episodes.... and White Christmas. Maybe I just liked it more when it wasn't a Netflix production, since it's been wildly inconsistent since then.