Television Black Widow

Sylar

Will watch. Though think this should have come out maybe 5 years ago. She should have been the first female lead Marvel Movie. That and due to how it ended for her in Endgame, would have maybe fit better?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

finally phase 4 films will be coming (albeit delayed again)

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Where do they get off charging 30 for a movie? :lol:
Don't understand releasing it on premier access alongside cinema. That's like releasing of for blockbuster rental at the same time as cinema.

I'd rather wait

Hoof the ball

Don't understand releasing it on premier access alongside cinema. That's like releasing of for blockbuster rental at the same time as cinema.

I'd rather wait
It's just a fad catching on because HBO were the first the start doing it due to cinemas being closed or very limited in seating capacity due to Covid, and now other platforms have realised that people would prefer to pay for it at home, so I can see this being a 'thing' moving forward, sadly.

ha_rooney

It's just a fad catching on because HBO were the first the start doing it due to cinemas being closed or very limited in seating capacity due to Covid, and now other platforms have realised that people would prefer to pay for it at home, so I can see this being a 'thing' moving forward, sadly.
Disney did it with Mulan last year which apparently was successful so they’ve done it again with Raya and the Last Dragon and will with Black Widow & Cruella.

Warner Bros signed a deal so films would release in cinemas for 31 days (UK) before being made available for streaming. I think that’s the model a few of them will adopt, a limited cinema run & then onto streaming platforms inside 2 months of release.

NM

Think this will be boring. I like most Marvel movies (Thor 3 being my favorite) but I can't see Johansson carrying a film.

Oldyella

The trailer looks fun. And I'm happy its on Disney+ as well, still not overly keen about cinemas etc atm.

decorativeed

Terrible move. The pirates will be all over this and I fear I will miss the cinema release date as I spend all day on hold trying to report them to the relevant authorities.

Andersons Dietician

Was reading a few months back that the reason they didn’t put it on Disney + earlier was because Scarlett has something in her contract that means a film must be a cinema release or something like that.
They’ve needed to get this film going as they don’t want to delay the release schedules of the other movies, but just haven’t been able to with this clause in her contract.

Probably explains why it’ll be available on Disney + and be a cinema release as some places might not have cinemas open by then or we might be in another lockdown and so on.

Smores

They can't make it too cheap otherwise people won't bother with the cinema. If people don't want to pay it then they'll wait 6 months or so same as today.

It's still cheaper than paying for two cinema tickets. At least in the UK it is.

decorativeed

It's still cheaper than paying for two cinema tickets. At least in the UK it is.
Where are you going to the cinema? Last time I was in one we paid £5 each. That was the standard price for both Odeon and AMC in Manchester before the pandemic.

Moby

Dick
Where are you going to the cinema? Last time I was in one we paid £5 each. That was the standard price for both Odeon and AMC in Manchester before the pandemic.
You'd also eat or drink something, nobody watches a movie in a cinema just sitting like a dumbass. Overall cost for a couple would easily be that much if not more.

Smores

Do you live in the 1980s?

It's £12 here in the South for basic but then you've got additional cost for 3D, 4DX and IMAX so usually end up paying 35 quid for the two of us.

I do recall paying a fiver when i lived in Manchester but i assumed it was student discount. Amazing that it's still so cheap.

decorativeed

You'd also eat or drink something, nobody watches a movie in a cinema just sitting like a dumbass. Overall cost for a couple would easily be that much if not more.
I haven't bought a snack or drink in a chain cinema ever. In the little boutique cinema that I'm hoping manages to survive lockdown, yeah, I'll get a beer or two. But I'm not the type of person who gets a stinking pile of nachos and a £4 pop at the multiplex - I can go a couple of hours without that. From what I can see, most other people seem to do the same and the people with overpriced snacks are in the minority. So yeah, a trip to the cinema normally costs me a fiver. Maybe it's just us northerners being stereotypically tight?

Edit: Also, the £30 digital download doesn't come with drinks and popcorn anyway, so it seems a bad comparison. I'd be happy to pay £10-15 for a household - we've paid similar to stream live comedy shows throughout lockdown - but £30 is excessive and will lead to many people illegally downloading it.

Last edited:

decorativeed

Do you live in the 1980s?

It's £12 here in the South for basic but then you've got additional cost for 3D, 4DX and IMAX so usually end up paying 35 quid for the two of us.

I do recall paying a fiver when i lived in Manchester but i assumed it was student discount. Amazing that it's still so cheap.
No, I live in Manchester. I think it had been more expensive, but when the Odeon took over the old AMC venue, after Vue took over their old Printworks spot, they had a price war and all tickets at both venues went down to £5. There are still some cinemas in the suburbs that try to gouge you, but many of those have reduced prices too, because they feared people would just go into the city.

Sylar

I haven't bought a snack or drink in a chain cinema ever. In the little boutique cinema that I'm hoping manages to survive lockdown, yeah, I'll get a beer or two. But I'm not the type of person who gets a stinking pile of nachos and a £4 pop at the multiplex - I can go a couple of hours without that. From what I can see, most other people seem to do the same and the people with overpriced snacks are in the minority. So yeah, a trip to the cinema normally costs me a fiver. Maybe it's just us northerners being stereotypically tight?
Nope, were the same and a lot down here (London) are same when I go. There some people who buy, but I see they are normally not the unlimited card holders. So maybe thats why, its not just a once in a while trip.

b82REZ

No, I live in Manchester. I think it had been more expensive, but when the Odeon took over the old AMC venue, after Vue took over their old Printworks spot, they had a price war and all tickets at both venues went down to £5. There are still some cinemas in the suburbs that try to gouge you, but many of those have reduced prices too, because they feared people would just go into the city.
I asked a staff member when they first reopened and they said they get far more customers now its a fiver a ticket so they're keeping it like that. Probably attracts a lot more students.

Smores

Printworks is great. Excluding the neck pain that followed, watching the Dark Knight on the IMAX there was probably my best cinema experience.

Crazy how prices can differ so much nationally. It does pose an issue for Digital platforms but hopefully they end up cheaper and cheaper so it forces down the expensive areas.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
My local Vue (East London) has been £5.50 for a few years now and I don't buy anything other than a drink in there. It's not about being tight, it's about both not being ripped off and also knowing how they store their food :lol:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
My local Vue (East London) has been £5.50 for a few years now and I don't buy anything other than a drink in there. It's not about being tight, it's about both not being ripped off and also knowing how they store their food :lol:
But if you have kids it will come to a lot more than that

€30 for a movie to watch at home is signicantly cheaper than family trip to the cinema in Ireland anyways

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
But if you have kids it will come to a lot more than that

€30 for a movie to watch at home is signicantly cheaper than family trip to the cinema in Ireland anyways
No chance I'm paying 30 to watch it at home, that's greed. Even if I were to take my 2 boys too, it's still more than I'd pay and less of an experience by a long way.

Lots will though, and that's completely up to them. But nah, no chance I ever will.

Drawfull

Will be interesting to see the EU price point, since currently Disney premieres are 20 I think.

I'm a sucker though, so will likely pay to rent it, buy the streaming version off iTunes, 4K steelbook and then have to buy it again when they update Phase 3 part 2 to include all the movies. Did the same more or less with WW84, and that's fecking shite.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Always thought her character and Hawkeye were boring and a bit pointless considering the heroes they are next to in the movies. I was glad they killed her off in EndGame and was hoping that would be the last of the character. Will still watch this but not excited about it in the slightest.

el3mel

I honestly don't know what a prequel has to do with phase 4 and how MCU will progress. Feels like just a standalone movie that will be skippable in the future for anyone making a run through MCU movies from the start.

GBBQ

I honestly don't know what a prequel has to do with phase 4 and how MCU will progress. Feels like just a standalone movie that will be skippable in the future for anyone making a run through MCU movies from the start.
It’s a strange one. I suppose for newcomers it’ll sit well between Infinity War and Endgame but still seems strange to go this route. Unless there’s more to it.

el3mel

It’s a strange one. I suppose for newcomers it’ll sit well between Infinity War and Endgame but still seems strange to go this route. Unless there’s more to it.
I have read previously it's supposed to happen between Civil War and Infinity War.

Sylar

Unless they introduce a character who can he used in the future and brought back (without a need for an origin movie)

ha_rooney

I have read previously it's supposed to happen between Civil War and Infinity War.
Yep, which makes it a bit strange to release it now as it’s not likely to have a bearing on the upcoming events in MCU.

But I’m just looking forward to a new Marvel film after 2 years!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's probably the same reason why Domino's, Pizza Hut and Papa John's charge double or sometimes triple the cost of a normal takeaway pizza. Because people will pay it.

I really wish we could have a hive mind when it came to shit like this. This shouldn't become the norm.