"Blackface" Discussion

Baxter

I'm sure I've seen more 'blackface' on Twitter over the last couple days for ages. feck is wrong with people?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Haha is this guy for real?!

Jeez.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Is he dressed as a specific person/character or just a generic black basketball player? If it’s the first then it’s daft but not in any way racism or bigotry.

MoneyMay

Is he dressed as a specific person/character or just a generic black basketball player? If it’s the first then it’s daft but not in any way racism or bigotry.
Educate yourself, please, before you hold a big L.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah, that's one bad performance.:lol:

saivet

At best he's just a fecking idiot. People will say the PC brigade are too much but in today's day and age, you gotta take the flak doing something like that.

wr8_utd

:'(
I don't think he's intending to be racist or anything and it's just sheer stupidity on his part. It's not going to go down well at all though.

space

fecking hell what a dumbass how can he and his team be so dumb especially in this day and age. I don't think he is racist by the way, I'm just shocked that he didn't know better or wasn't advised how stupid this is. Non-football twitter will eat him alive now

dbs235

It's not even remotely racist, anyone who thinks it is or takes offence needs to get a life.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
They really don't learn much in these 'academies' do they?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Why is this considered racist?

saivet

Research blackface for why some would be offended.

I'm not offended, but it's cringeworthy that someone would do that and think it's funny.

Silas

I don't really find it offensive to be honest. It's not as if he's just coloured himself pitch black and gave himself giant lips (like blackface).

space

How are people here so stupid, do you know the history of blackface and what it represents, stop acting like there is nothing wrong with this

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How are people here so stupid, do you know the history of blackface and what it represents, stop acting like there is nothing wrong with this
Agreed. Bemusing comments.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I don't think they do, thats why they're genuinely asking why its deemed racist.