Blackpool fans storm pitch and refuse to leave in protest against owner.

gormless

Blackpool fans have invaded the pitch in the middle of their match against Huddersfield at Bloomsfield Road to protest against chairman Owen Oyston.

Not long ago Blackpool were a Premier League outfit but they’re set for League One football this season after one of the worst campaigns in the club’s history.

The Oyston family have deprived the club of much needed funds and done little to prevent a myriad of problems from occurring throughout the season.

It has made Blackpool the laughing stock of the football league with their own players commenting on how bleak their situation is.

They haven’t won any of their last 17 league matches and it’s culminated in the fans storming the pitch in protest, refusing to leave.

The BBC published quotes from a spokesman for the Tangerine Knights and Blackpool Supporters’ Trust, organisers of the protest: “Karl Oyston said ‘judge me at the end of the season.’ Now it is judgement day and it is time to let the Oystons and the nation know that we have reached a unanimous verdict – guilty.”

The protest has been met with support by fellow football fans.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Good.

feck the Oystens.

Getsme

I can only imagine the frustration those fans are going through.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Good for them.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Can't fault any one of those fans. Ever since they lost to West Ham in the playoff final, that owner has royally fecked them over

Moriarty

Shame that a grand old club like Blackpool has turned into a laughing stock. I'm glad the long-suffering fans have taken some action. They deserve better.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Is it likely their protests will make any difference?

Sylar

He will sue them all.

But good.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Disclaimer since the Oystens are known for their legal action against internet forums: This post and all others made by Walrus are not representative of the opinions of Redcafe, Man Utd, Blackpool, FIFA or any other entity, and are purely expressions of opinion under the Human Rights Act 1998.

The Oystens can kindly go **** themselves.

I wont pretend to know all the details on their situation, but everything that I have seen and read gives the impression that the Oystens are pure and utter knobs, and deserve any/all the flak that they receive.

Anustart89

Disclaimer since the Oystens are known for their legal action against internet forums: This post and all others made by Walrus are not representative of the opinions of Redcafe, Man Utd, Blackpool, FIFA or any other entity, and are purely expressions of opinion under the Human Rights Act 1998.

The Oystens can kindly go **** themselves.

I wont pretend to know all the details on their situation, but everything that I have seen and read gives the impression that the Oystens are pure and utter knobs, and deserve any/all the flak that they receive.
I think you should remove FIFA from your disclaimer; they might go after Blatter then.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I think you should remove FIFA from your disclaimer; they might go after Blatter then.
Ah, touché!

Also, wouldnt it be great if the Huddersfield fans starting chanting "You're getting sued in the morning!"

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Remember they gave us a scare in that 10/11 season when they were leading 2-0 in late January and almost killed our unbeaten start to the season. And if I remember correctly that Charlie Adam free kick on the final day was the only time we conceded in the first half at home that season.

Thanks for the memories, enjoy life in L1.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Remember they gave us a scare in that 10/11 season when they were leading 2-0 in late January and almost killed our unbeaten start to the season. And if I remember correctly that Charlie Adam free kick on the final day was the only time we conceded in the first half at home that season.

The lasher fans were great that last day of the season, I was a little bit sad when they went quiet at the end, when they knew the other scores and knew they were down. Even as a United fan and a Preston lad.

Acole9

Outstanding
Can't see why any football fans wouldn't be in support of this. The owners of the club have ruined it and it will be left in a complete mess when they decide to go. Even when they were in the Premier League they were always treated like a bit of a joke, no under soil heating, players had to wash their own kits and peanut wages.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good to see them actually doing something. Though whether it will actually do anything or not is another thing. Will be interesting to see if they do it for any more of their remaining home games, or if the owners just play behind close doors. Either way it is a message they can't ignore.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

So because they almost beat Utd and also had the nerve to score against us at old Trafford in the first half....the situation they find themselves in pleases you?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
So because they almost beat Utd and also had the nerve to score against us at old Trafford in the first half....the situation they find themselves in pleases you?
Oh no, you got me wrong. What I meant was they were a breathe of fresh air that season, was a big fan of Holloway too. I'll rephrase the last sentence: "Thanks for the memories, good luck in L1 and come back soon".

freeurmind

weak willed
Sorry for bumping such an old thread but I thought it was worth mentioning that after years of boycotting the Blackpool ownership has been ousted and the club has been put into receivership.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47229992

Blackpool have been put into receivership by the High Court, forcing owner Owen Oyston to pay ex-director Valeri Belokon the £25m he is owed.

The ruling could pave the way for a takeover, but the English Football League must now decide whether to dock the League One club 12 points

forevrared

I missed this when it happened, but the lad invading the pitch on a mobility scooter is incredible. Glad the fans have finally got rid of the owners, even if at an extreme cost.