Television Blade Runner anime series and now an Amazon live action TV series

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The story may have potential but the animation looks plastic and the characters look far too stoic.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Traditional anime is still the best, from a aesthetically point of view. Just can't get into these heavy loaded CGI ones.

Yagami

Good post resistant
God, I miss the hand drawn era of cartoons and anime.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Godzilla Singular Point was a refreshing change , in that respect.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Black Lotus was far from perfect with the animation being very variable especially the poor facial animation that makes some of what are meant to be the most dramatic or emotional bits a bit flat. That said by the end it linked the first and second film quite well and I'm glad I watched it.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Google searched the director of Shogun's first two episodes and discovered this...
Prime Video’s ‘Blade Runner 2099’ series confirms June shoot in Prague
lcon Entertainment and Ridley Scott Productions’ limited series Blade Runner 2099 for Prime Video will shoot at the Czech Republic’s Barrandov Studios in Prague from June.

The series is being directed by Jonathan van Tulleken, who will executive produce the first two episodes. Tulleken recently directed the first two episodes of FX’s Shōgun.

Ridley Scott, who directed the original 1982 Blade Runner and executive produced Blade Runner 2049 for Warner Bros, is executive producing alongside series writer and showrunner Silka Luisa. Further executive producers are Michael Green, Alcon co-founders Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson, Alcon’s head of television Ben Roberts, Scott Free’s David W Zucker and Clayton Krueger, Cynthia Yorkin, Frank Giustra, Isa Dick Hackett, as well as Tom Spezialy who was part of the writers room, and Richard Sharkey.

The Czech production service company on board is Film United.

The 10-part series had been in pre-production at Belfast Harbour Studios, but production was halted due to WGA strikes in May 2023 before being scrapped entirely in October 2023.
Shame the production got taken away from NI.