Gaming Bloodborne (PS4)

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
:lol: unfortunately I think I play games too much, and spend far too much money on it. But I'll certainly take your thoughts into account when desperately trying to justify my next purchase.

Bojan11

:lol: unfortunately I think I play games too much, and spend far too much money on it. But I'll certainly take your thoughts into account when desperately trying to justify my next purchase.
Nah, I think you spend more time talking about them. Nearly most the gaming related topics you have the most posts.

Alock1

Oh yeah I talk about games a shit load on here. So what?

Bojan11

Oh yeah I talk about games a shit load on here. So what?
You should play them more then you might form a opinion about them. Rather than watching preview trailers and saying this looks awesome.

Alock1

Cheers mate I'll give it a go

Better hope my brother will let me on his console

Redo91

This is a new IP isn't it? I've never played any of the Dark Souls games but am I right in saying that wouldn't be necessary before playing this game?

Alock1

I know it's pretty embarrassing, even between us we haven't played any games except COD and Fifa.

Alock1

This is a new IP isn't it? I've never played any of the Dark Souls games but am I right in saying that wouldn't be necessary before playing this game?
It's a new IP. It's Souls at heart but a little more arcadey and quicker paced it seems. More offensive than defensive.

No need to play the others.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Looks good, like the little animations. I was late to Dark Souls and i haven't played Dark Souls 2 but my brother ( :nervous: ) has it on PS3, should probably play it while i can.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Looks great fun. Graphics aren't much if an upgrade though compared to the other ones

Alock1

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1008499

Some impressions from Edge. I'll just copy this bit:

If you thought From Software was going soft, Hidetaka Miyazaki is about to put you brutally back in your place. And if you've been watching this generation from the sidelines, unmoved by the remasters and rush jobs while you wait for the first true essential to arrive, now's the time. As if there was ever any doubt, Miyazaki and his team have done it all over again.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Looking forward to the challenge from this. Most of the games I've played on PS4 since I got it have been entertaining but very hand-holdy like Shadow Of Mordor, Infamous: Second Son and Far Cry 4 but hopefully this will kick my ass like Dark Souls did.

Alock1

Reviews out about 3pm GMT apparently. What do we reckon the metascore for this will be then?

I'm going for 88.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Getting this on Tuesday when it comes out, can't wait :drool: Great game according to people who got an early copy, more difficult then Dark Souls 2 and the world is more connected like in dark souls instead of it being more linear.

Bojan11

Reviews out about 3pm GMT apparently. What do we reckon the metascore for this will be then?

I'm going for 88.

I heard its a lot harder than dark souls especially with no shield. So I can see reviewers knocking some points off. I see it getting a lot of 8 scores. Perhaps a 9 or 10 from Edge.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Seen some leaked gameplay, load times look absolutely brutal, over 30 secs from dying to go back to the checkpoint. How come the guys who get games early are always complete Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime and can't play for shit?

JackXX

Yea the load screens seem a bit ridiculous but apart from that it looks really good. I was watching some twitch streams and it looks like you need very good reaction times. The enemies seem pretty aggressive. I saw some hunter type enemies which had incredible looking A.I. I thought it was perhaps the pvp part of the game but apparently it was an NPC. Can't wait to play it.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yea the load screens seem a bit ridiculous but apart from that it looks really good. I was watching some twitch streams and it looks like you need very good reaction times. The enemies seem pretty aggressive. I saw some hunter type enemies which had incredible looking A.I. I thought it was perhaps the pvp part of the game but apparently it was an NPC. Can't wait to play it.
I can't decide whether to get this straight away or wait a few weeks for a price drop.

Trying to save for too many things at the moment.

JackXX

I can't decide whether to get this straight away or wait a few weeks for a price drop.

Trying to save for too many things at the moment.
I have it preordered it's one of the games I've been most looking forward to on my PS4. I'm a little worried how hard it is I've read a lot of people saying it can be brutal. I don't mind difficult games but I haven't played any of the previous ones they have made. Hopefully it's easy enough to learn the basics.

Bojan11

I have it preordered it's one of the games I've been most looking forward to on my PS4. I'm a little worried how hard it is I've read a lot of people saying it can be brutal. I don't mind difficult games but I haven't played any of the previous ones they have made. Hopefully it's easy enough to learn the basics.
It's not one of those games where it holds your hand and tells you where to go.

If you don't like difficult games then I wouldn't recommend it. And I could understand why some people don't as these games are time consuming and can be frustrating too.

JackXX

It's not one of those games where it holds your hand and tells you where to go.

If you don't like difficult games then I wouldn't recommend it. And I could understand why some people don't as these games are time consuming and can be frustrating too.
I don't mind it being difficult I've just heard that it's more difficult than the Souls games and I've never even played them before. I usually play games on hard and deaths don't bother me much. Just hoping I will pick it up quickly.

Red_Aaron

I don't mind it being difficult I've just heard that it's more difficult than the Souls games and I've never even played them before. I usually play games on hard and deaths don't bother me much. Just hoping I will pick it up quickly.
its not that they're hard per se, they appear that way at first but once you settle into their laws you can usually achieve pretty steady (if slow) progress.
for first time souls' players thats the hardest part though as the vast majority of all other games encourages a balls-out approach whereas souls will cut yours off if you try it with them.
and its not necessarily the deaths thats the problems, its the loss that goes with them..... :)

can't reccomend them enough to people though, once you've learned to live in their world they are brilliant games, as satisfying an experience as you'll have with a pad in your hand
annoyingly i wont be able to pick this up before the weekend

b82REZ

I imagine the learning curve will be extreme steep for you, maybe even insurmountable. I can see Souls players struggling with this out of the gate.

What made you preorder a game you had no reference to?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I imagine the learning curve will be extreme steep for you, maybe even insurmountable. I can see Souls players struggling with this out of the gate.

What made you preorder a game you had no reference to?
Wait, for a casual gamer who usually plays everything on normal is it going to be very difficult to pick this up and play? I've been meaning to get this around April but I'm not going to if it's going to annoy the hell out of me. :lol:

b82REZ

Wait, for a casual gamer who usually plays everything on normal is it going to be very difficult to pick this up and play? I've been meaning to get this around April but I'm not going to if it's going to annoy the hell out of me. :lol:
Yes. If that's the kind gamer you are id steer well clear of this title.

It seems most people are getting this simply because it's the first major Playstation exclusive but being completely oblivious about the type of game it is.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yes. If that's the kind gamer you are id steer well clear of this title.

It seems most people are getting this simply because it's the first major Playstation exclusive but being completely oblivious about the type of game it is.
Ah, thanks. I still have plenty of games to finish. Liked the look of this but if it's not going to be accessible for me then there's probably no point trying as I can't devote 3-4 hours a day to learn mechanics.

JackXX

its not that they're hard per se, they appear that way at first but once you settle into their laws you can usually achieve pretty steady (if slow) progress.
for first time souls' players thats the hardest part though as the vast majority of all other games encourages a balls-out approach whereas souls will cut yours off if you try it with them.
and its not necessarily the deaths thats the problems, its the loss that goes with them..... :)

can't reccomend them enough to people though, once you've learned to live in their world they are brilliant games, as satisfying an experience as you'll have with a pad in your hand
annoyingly i wont be able to pick this up before the weekend
Cool can't wait to try it out :)