Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Absolutely amazing putting some city players amongst that all time best player list!

Verminator

They were going to rename the Kippax the Joe Mercer Stand and the Platt Lane Stand the Bell End
I'll have you know, I voted to name that stand after Bell, for that reason.
It was an open vote, hijacked by reds, and they went with it. Obviously for different reasons.
I think it cost Paul Lake some recognition, as the blue noses were outvoted.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I love the city players added to the end of that list :lol: And bell, their super hero

Denis' cuff

T
I'll have you know, I voted to name that stand after Bell, for that reason.
It was an open vote, hijacked by reds, and they went with it. Obviously for different reasons.
I think it cost Paul Lake some recognition, as the blue noses were outvoted.
top man

Man City 2:5 Leicester City

Irrational.

The lack of activity on this thread is disappointing, particularly considering this is Pep's first ever defeat where the opposition have scored five.

Poor performance but can anyone imagine Liverpool or United conceding 3 pens at home? Michael Oliver really is the FAs man.
Player ratings.
Wank
Wank
Wank
Wank
Wank
Wank
Wank
Wank
Wank
Wank
Time for some truths we are in trouble.

pep sign a new contract or go on Monday.

This team needs a total rebuild.

piss poor we still have no replacements for vinny, fern, Aguero & you could argue even Silva.

injuries are not the issue anymore. It’s a lack of planning, motivation & energy
Right, message to Txiki and co, eight days to sort this out and get a centre half in, a left back, a central midfielder with pace and a striker. The Torres signing is looking more pointless by the minute, squad player at best at this moment in time, so we've basically signed one player in Ake. Embarrassing today absolutely embarrassing, our thick fecking defenders.
We’ve had a great 10 years but it’s clearly over
Our manager needs to take a long hard look at himself. I don’t care how many injuries we have, he sets a tone and he looks miserable.

Reminds me of Mancini when it was rainy and cold or Pellers later on, his demeanour speaks volumes.

Rodri is not up to this. Accept it and loan him out fast.

Garcia needs binning. He doesn’t want to be here and since the Arsenal game he hasn’t looked better than 4 out of 10.

Mahrez, get rid. Slides in an unmarked Foden and it’s 2-2. But no, he had to be a greedy shit.

This is what happens when you are so arrogant you enable Sane to feel no love, feck off Angelino and keep buying Sergio Busquets wannabes.

Get it fecking sorted.
I think that Pep hasn't got a defensive tactic to scratch his arse with. Every team plays to its strengths but you also have to negate the oppo strengths and it seems that we completely ignored them today. Anywho, I'm watching the cricket.
If pep won't sign an extension this week I would offer Bobby a Kings ransom to come back now. A King's ransom
Glad I got stoned. Would usually be livid but I'm as passive as our midfield. CTID.
Mendy is a **** of a player,the dumbfeck was smiling after conceding the penalty.Please get the feck out of the club you clown faced donkey.Injuries are a hindrance yes but what about the shit performances Sterling has delivered in every important matches?What about the donkey Garcia ?Even a rock will perform same as Garcia if you hit the rock you can atleast get a decent pass back although its a non-living thing.
Dont like to agree with him but Rag Neville summed up the big difference from two years ago. When we lost posession we didnt work together and close players down quickly. Half thr team play like they've already won. Teams have seen City snd Liverpool and work hard we seem to have gone backwards with work ethic , except Kev
Little cûnt Neville was close to wetting himself with excitement.
3 penalties and 3 dives.
The diving and weak referees are ruining the game more than the handball rule. All to let the referees avoid using common sense eyes and brain at the same time.

Does anyone know if Vardys goal was checked for offside- looked close?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I love that one that is basically we’ve got 8 days to go and buy a new team :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Pep’s first ever defeat by 5 goals? Didn’t Madrid put 5 past his Bayern team?

432JuanMata

Oh was it? I stand corrected
Yeah over 2 legs. This was the first time in 680 games. Pep is a fantastic manager but city team seems to have run its course after doing 200 points in 2 seasons and winning everything domestically. The problem with his style of play is it intense and players will only do it for a couple of seasons plus there main players are getting on a bit.
I was delighted watching this game seen them be smashed but the bigger picture is who stops Liverpool winning the title ? Nobody is probably the right answer :(

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yeah over 2 legs. This was the first time in 680 games. Pep is a fantastic manager but city team seems to have run its course after doing 200 points in 2 seasons and winning everything domestically. The problem with his style of play is it intense and players will only do it for a couple of seasons plus there main players are getting on a bit.
I was delighted watching this game seen them be smashed but the bigger picture is who stops Liverpool winning the title ? Nobody is probably the right answer :(
I agree, although I was hoping this would extend to Liverpool as well. They’ve been at it for almost as long but don’t seem to show nearly as many signs that they might be slowing down.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I agree, although I was hoping this would extend to Liverpool as well. They’ve been at it for almost as long but don’t seem to show nearly as many signs that they might be slowing down.
We've been at it for the same time City were: 2 seasons. We only got the 1 title due to 1 point difference.
It's now to be seen whether we can do what they couldn't and make it 3 seasons in a row.

One of theBluemoon quotes about Utd or Liverpool conceding 3 pens at home made me laugh though. I remember Utd conceding 3 at home to Liverpool no less in 2014. They really do have an 'everyone is conspiring against us' attitude don't they!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Why has Laporte not been starting for them? Is he still not match fit? If so why is he being put on the bench to start with?
Because that's the point isn't it. The player probably only fit enough to play 45 mins, it's not like you will expect them to play full 90 minutes and I guess better than having Stones.

Chief123

So they went from signing Messi to now needing to rebuild the whole team. Pep has been found out just like Jose has. It just took a bit longer.

Chief123

Nice to see some journalists calling out Pep and City for a change. Maybe he isn’t the footballing God after all.
I’ve always liked the way the Pep has played attacking fluid football, but I’ve never felt he’s the footballing god he’s made out to be.

His teams have always been high pressing and all about winning the ball back as quick as possibly as high up the pitch as possible. But as soon as teams figure out how to break that press, then it makes Pep’s teams look woeful at the back. It’s not even the defenders fault. Any defender who is constantly left exposed to defend one on one is going to struggle. The problem is Pep doesn’t know any other way.

The value of David Silva’s pressing off the ball in tandem with De Bruyne goes under the radar. They have lost that pressing intensity they used to have.

This will not be the only spanking City get this season. They are so exposed with their style and lack the ability to press like they used to.