Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The "might be a little Alex Jones" bit seems like a massive understatement.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The City, Solskjaer and Pochettino Conspiracy
:lol::lol::lol:

Also, why did they lose to Chelsea then? They could have beaten them to ensure that we get in top 4 without any problems

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
The conspiracy runs deeper than we think. I think the poster might be Pep anonymously trying to exonerate himself in the eyes of the fans for what was quite an underwhelming season. “It was all a cunning plan to prevent them from snatching my precious successor away” sounds better than “I may have been partly responsible for this” after all.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Plus, Chelsea are very much financially independent now in the sense that they create their own income to spend, instead of relying on Roman.
If City carry on winning trophies and finishing in the top 4 every year, then in 10 years time they'll probably be financially independent too.

pascell

They did rely on a sugar daddy to get into this position, though
Of course but the last time they were spending heavily with only Abaramovich's money was a long time ago. The amount they get in sponsorships, TV money and loan fees has ensured they haven't done that for a long while.

If City carry on winning trophies and finishing in the top 4 every year, then in 10 years time they'll probably be financially independent too.
They will, they need to organically form some expensive sponsorships first though, which I'm guessing they're on their way to doing.

D4X73r

Funny that they have a shambolic defence after spending more money for defence then most countries do. If they spend again that much into the defence, Trump will start to attack them as he fears to be outspent

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Imagine how much the "proper club" comment would wind up City fans :lol:
They pretend like it doesn't but it really really does. They are a tinpot club that won the lottery and deep down they know it. Every achievement they have had over the last 8 years comes with an asterisk. You can't achieve any of that without the Sheikh. That's not true of any of the proper big clubs in England, Spain, Italy or Germany.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
They try to make out they are now, hilariously.
Only to try and get around FFP. If Chelsea had to deal with FFP at the time Roman was pumping his money into the club, I'm sure they'd have tried to figure a way around it too.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Chelsea were criticised a lot at the time, but the fact they’d finished in the top 4 a number of times and won a decent amount of trophies prior to the takeover (Zola never played under the Abramovich regime, for example, and they were attracting the likes of Gullit and Vialli in the mid-90s) gives them more of an impression they’d “deserved it” for want of a better word... or at the very least, worked their way up to an acceptable level. It’d be a bit like Spurs getting taken over now (only with a lot more recent trophies to show for it)

City were literally plucked from the mid table quagmire, most likely because of their proximity to us, on the heals of a previous dodgy takeover.... it seemed like a much more cynical project.

A bigger bad, if you will.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm convinced that 60-70% of the flat earthers in the UK must be City fans. They are the ultimate tin foil hat fan base. Everything is a conspiracy and an agenda. It must be rather sad to live that way.

United58

Of course but the last time they were spending heavily with only Abaramovich's money was a long time ago. The amount they get in sponsorships, TV money and loan fees has ensured they haven't done that for a long while.
Oh I know, but I'm saying they're in this great position originally from artificial funding from outside the club

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Plus, Chelsea are very much financially independent now in the sense that they create their own income to spend, instead of relying on Roman.
So if City and PSG generate own income after couple of years, they would be just fine ?

Chelsea were equally bad or worse when it comes to transfers and spoiling the market in terms of money. People just forget it because it happened almost 15 years back.

So if City and PSG generate own income after couple of years, they would be just fine ?

Chelsea were equally bad or worse when it comes to transfers and spoiling the market in terms of money. People just forget it because it happened almost 15 years back.
Exactly this. Chelsea started it all and are equally as guilty as City and PSG.

pascell

Well yeah, they'd be at that point spending within their means and not relying on their owners to fund the team. That's not me excusing what they've done in the past but them spending within their means would be better for football as figures wouldn't be so inflated.

JuriM

Correct me if I am wrong

But last night we were discussing the Cl/El with friends at discord and it came up that on Blue moon forums there have been going on a conspiracy theory that United only had their winning run after Lockdown, because Fergie is pulling the strings at background and Ole is just following his orders.

i don't remember that we have had that discussion here yet, but that seems next level insane. Are they really feeling that insecure?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think if City moved to a more organic model they'd get the same respect as Chelsea do.
Do Chelsea get much respect?
This years "putting faith in youth" was forced by a transfer ban for shenanighans.
A high amount of their historical trophies were off the Abrahmovich dollar. 8 FA cups, and 6 of them after his money says it all. Similar story with the leagues.

Just because City have come in with absolute insane money and blown even the Chelsea mid 2000s market destruction out of the water doesn't mean it's forgotten.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
They were villified by plenty, well except Liverpool fans who adopted them as a second club.
:lol: Not exactly! The animosity between us and Chelsea grew massively after Roman arrived and whilst it's died down in recent years, the hate towards them was only behind the hate for Utd and Everton.

Anyway, as this is a City meltdown thread.... i really hope there's a massive meltdown on Friday and they crash out of the Champions League again!

Posh Red

Correct me if I am wrong

But last night we were discussing the Cl/El with friends at discord and it came up that on Blue moon forums there have been going on a conspiracy theory that United only had their winning run after Lockdown, because Fergie is pulling the strings at background and Ole is just following his orders.

i don't remember that we have had that discussion here yet, but that seems next level insane. Are they really feeling that insecure?
Opposition fans said the same when Ole first started. A spurs fan in my office genuinely seemed to believe this. Insane

Glorio

Reading some of these meltdown threads, to be fair, none of them hold a candle to a typical Caf matchday meltdown in full swing.

That my friends is a force of nature :lol:

Last edited: