Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

Falcow

I said it in the predictions thread, City are a KDB injury away from struggling for top 4. Pep has signed so many average players.

Fernandinho and Aguero are over the hill at this stage really. They have a huge dearth of world class players who are either in their prime or approaching it. Bernardo silva, sterling, KDB.....Laporte maybe, I think that's it.

I remember all the crap on this forum up until recently about Citys wonderful planning, strategy, vision etc and how we are light years behind.......that went well.

Chief123

Some responses to Castle's post which is very much in keeping with Bluemoon:

Spending £400m on defenders and still being atrocious at defending is unforgivable. That’s some seriously flawed defensive coaching.

Can7onA

Duncan you bitch it was one game. We have the best defensive record in the past 3 years. Shag your mum

:lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Spending £400m on defenders and still being atrocious at defending is unforgivable. That’s some seriously flawed defensive coaching.
Or recruitment!
By all reports they’ve bought a guy who’s no better than what they have

SER19

Seeing guardiola and rodri speak like that after shipping 5 at home is genuinely embarrassing. Sort of thing mourinho would get crucified for

Chief123

Or recruitment!
By all reports they’ve bought a guy who’s no better than what they have
I honestly don’t think Ruben Diaz is much of an improvement on what they already have. I’m actually delighted they’ve got him instead of Koulibaly.

Withnail

Nice to see some journalists calling out Pep and City for a change. Maybe he isn’t the footballing God after all.
Castles might be an ABU but he's no fan of city and is always calling them out.

He was calling bs on that stuff they were saying about not having the most expensive player in any position in an attempt to down-play their spending.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I do love it when teams employ a system specifically designed to peg the opposition back through possession and pressing, and then complain that they have 11 men behind the ball. What do they expect? Leicester players to be running up the pitch when they don't have the ball?

Don't box them in to their own final third if you don't want them all there.

Klopp moans about it frequently, and I remember a few Barca players doing the same under Pep too.

Chief123

Rodri the salty twat. Coming out with that after how he played?
Imagine coming out and claiming the opposition didn’t want to play when they’ve just scored 5 past you. :lol:

That means if they did want to play, they could have scored 10. It just makes city’s defending look even worse with comments like that.

Chief123

I know I dont take as much interest in non utd football as i used to, but im sure i would have remembered this?
Yeah they did the domestic treble a couple of seasons ago. But made it into a quadruple with the Community Shield :lol: :lol:

Skeezix

Rodri is right. FA needs to change the rule of the game. Goals should no longer be the metric for a win or lose. Possession count should be made the one and only criteria for winning a game next season onwards.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
City should be last one complaining about fairness. All 3 penalty were correct decision. Maybe they should do tactical fouling outside the penalty box.

Chief123

City should be last one complaining about fairness. All 3 penalty were correct decision. Maybe they should do tactical fouling outside the penalty box.
Their downfall has been ever since their tactical fouling has been exposed. That’s the main reason they were rarely counter attacked.

Fernandinho has made a living from tactical fouls. With him past his best, City are being exposed.

JohnS

Supports
St. Johnstone
In fairness Leicester had all 11 men behind the ball on at least 5 occasions.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Always a chance that Rodri's comments have been lost in translation. It is his 2nd (even 3rd) language he's speaking in, after all. Even still, the club's line seems to be complaining very loudly that Leicester came and played a system we couldn't deal with, and that it's somehow their fault that we lost.

Think we're all a bit flustered and bruised at the moment - these comments about Leicester's system being "anti-football" (or whatever) seem to line up with the hare-brained subs that Pep was making, trying to force the issue by abandoning the double pivot and just handing the midfield to Leicester.

I think our win last week against Wolves was more of an outlier about where we currently are in terms of fitness, readiness, etc. and that Leicester showing us up was more of a reflection of our current state. Things will get better, but Pep seems to be properly flapping at the moment. Not sure what it means.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I see someone has taken media training from Klopp :lol:

"They didn't play into our hands, and allow us to beat them. Unfair!"
I know Kloppo loves a moan about style of play sometimes, when teams don’t want to play football, and I love him for doing it. But you are very wide of the mark there, as he’s the last coach to come out with a suggestion that football isn’t being fair to him. Klopp is the anti Guardiola in every sense - and it’s not more obvious than now. When Pep and City perceive they are hard done by, their heads drop. When chips are down for Klopp - and they have been many times in his career, he works hard to try and fight back and expects his team to fight back with him.

That’s just hilarious from Rodri. But players do take on the image of their coaches, and this stuff he is coming out with, is what he is hearing from Pep, no doubt. It’s a bad look to play the ‘woe is me’ card in their circumstance.

romufc

11 guys behind the ball can score 5 goals then Rodri needs to have a look at how football is meant to be played.

Didn't he play for Simeone who has literally those tactics yet he played ?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Rodri the salty twat. Coming out with that after how he played?
Basically saying that City can’t defend for shit while Leicester did it rather well... but then saying defending was down to luck!

What an utter wanker

Irrational.

Rodri's quotes are the equivalent of a boxer being knocked down five times in a humiliating KO loss and then claiming they were the better fighter afterwards. Clearly punch drunk.