Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

padr81

Supports
Man City
City fans keep saying without half a team. You literally had everyone except Laporte while De Bruyne on the bench yesterday. Can you really count Mendy and Jesus when Cancelo & Aguero are better and more regular players than those two?
We're without Kdb (would have started when fit, ) Laporte, Ake, Fernandinho, Aguero was clearly rushed back and is now crocked again.

Try watching United with half fit Rashford rushed from injury, no Greenwood, no Maguire, no McTominay, no Telles or Shaw and Fernendes not fit enough to start as a comparison.

Literally an injured striker up top, best player in the league in the sidelines, best cb at the club out, both lbs out and 2nd striker. That's 4 of the starting XI either unfit to play or injured.

Monks_United

We're without Kdb (would have started when fit, ) Laporte, Ake, Fernandinho, Aguero was clearly rushed back and is now crocked again.

Try watching United with half fit Rashford rushed from injury, no Greenwood, no Maguire, no McTominay, no Telles or Shaw and Fernendes not fit enough to start as a comparison.

Literally an injured striker up top, best player in the league in the sidelines, best cb at the club out, both lbs out and 2nd striker. That's 4 of the starting XI either unfit to play or injured.
Welcome to the first half of our season 19/20 minus the squad depth and the 500 odd million defence.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Again, I’m struggling to see where is this half missing. Your regular XI would have been Ederson, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, Rodri, KDB, Silva, Sterling, Aguero & one of Mahrez/Foden/Torres/Gundogan

From those regular XI, the one missing in your XI yesterday were De Bruyne & Laporte. That‘s two.

Oh relax mate, we have watched our squad missing last season. Pogba injured for more than 65% of his last season, Rashford was injured from January to lockdown. McTominay was also injured from end of December to mid March. Martial was injured from end of august to end of October. Oh don’t get me started with Shaw and Tuanzebe.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Absolutely but we'll still get in or around 80 points minimum. Before the season kicked off I predicted us 5 or so points down on you guys when you come to the Etihad.

When Laporte and Kun are back and fully fit well be much stronger. I think it's simple over reaction to a tough run of games and injuries.

We're a shadow of the team we were but I don't think we've fallen into the pack just yet.
Do you think Peps time is coming to a close? It's no secret he only stays at a club for around 4 years because he burns them out with his high intensity. A few seasons ago they were chasing the opposition in packs now from what I've seen of City that seems to be dropping off a cliff with the exception of Foden.

Gundogan looks like he's finished. Jesus will never be a long term substitute for Kun, B. Silva looks like a shadow of his former self, D. Silva hasn't been replaced (maybe a case could be made for Foden) both full back positions are looking suspect, Garcia looks like he wants to go to Barca, Laporte seems to have his fair share of injuries, same as Fernandinho. . The only positives I see are De Bruyne, ederson Sterling, Foden and maybe Rodri and Ruben Diaz. Mahrez I could take or leave him because he's so inconsistent.

Just a short time ago it looked like City just needed a few tweaks. Now it's looking like another rebuild could be on its way.

KwokSF

Laporte is a big miss but I think the attack is the issue not defence at the moment. Sterling at false 9 is not working. Aguero was injured and now injured again after barely playing for 5 months or so. They miss Jesus no matter how you think of him. KDB also missed last couple matches and thry looked far better when he came on. I think not getting a striker would really come back to haunt them unless Sterling finally learned how to be the kind of false 9 that pep really wants

padr81

Supports
Man City
Again, I’m struggling to see where is this half missing. Your regular XI would have been Ederson, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, Rodri, KDB, Silva, Sterling, Aguero & one of Mahrez/Foden/Torres/Gundogan

From those regular XI, the one missing in your XI yesterday were De Bruyne & Laporte. That‘s two.

Oh relax mate, we have watched our squad missing last season. Pogba injured for more than 65% of his last season, Rashford was injured from January to lockdown. McTominay was also injured from end of December to mid March. Martial was injured from end of august to end of October. Oh don’t get me started with Shaw and Tuanzebe.
Wrong Cancelo is not first choice left back. He's 3rd at best, 1st choice is Mendy and Ake second. . That's 3 and as I said a clearly injured Aguero up top who couldn't run. On Pep for that, hell likely nbe out another 2-3 weeks now. Anyway we're gone off topic should probably move to the City thread as this one is for funny bm comments. My bad for not reading the thread title.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
He needs to show them he is a great coach
Pep needs to show that he is a great coach, at this moment, he seems stuck in a very deep rut.
Their "Media thread"
There is an article on BBC web page this morning about Sterlings new foundation to help disadvantage young people to which he his donating £1 million. Be interesting to see if it makes headline on tv for the next 5 days or how many times Silly Sally interviews him on the cosy little breakfast show.
Marcus Rashford on BBC Breakfast for the SIXTH successive day this time as the lead item. 2000 doctors including eminent paediatricians are giving their professional opinion and concerns on child hunger. Even Conservative councils and MPs are saying the government decision is wrong. They are NOT following a footballer. They are doing their jobs.
The BBCs pictures include one of him on the pitch with a spray of sweat around him like a halo on the saintly figure they are painting him to be on and off the pitch.
And once they given the headlines and lots of red and white pics the programme gets down to the serious business of dealing with the matter.
anyone who complains about Rashford doing this is a ****, pure and simple. Sorry but it's true and ironically, they're being as self centered and selfish as they claim he is.
Great to see Marcus distributing the contents of Luke Shaw's fridge
Manchester United should pay their fair share of taxes instead of offshoring. This would support his scheme. That’s not to say he is not a caring person and should not be admired.
Sky News last night - Liverpool win their first premier league game after van Dyke's injury
Yep, every shit scouse performance and defeat will no doubt get a Van Dijk mention somewhere in the story. Imagine if they had eight first team players missing, they'd try and get the league halted.
It is now Day Eight, and Danny Moron in the Daily Excrement still thinks that Pickers shouldn't be playing today. No mention of the elbow into James' ribcage, though. But I suppose Danny would be of the same opinion re Virgil had The Most Famous Dutchman To Ever Grace The PL not, er, yer know, tripped over a blade of Toffee grass and slipped on, er, yer know, the Greatest Ass Ever to Bounce on the hallowed turf of Goodison.
Keown says 'City are anchored in the bottom half of the table' Talk about being negative.
Did he really say that !
Anchored after 5 games
What a knob
City find Themselves in the bottom half Of the table. ( we are 12th)

Utd are now 15th but only 3 points from top 4

Have to laugh really
Seems okay to me. Only one of those is unexpected
"United's kids boss it and take a fantastic point from big-spending Chelsea. Dreadful City drop two points at lowly Hammers"
"Bereaved Reds overcome a plague of injuries to beat plucky Blades"
Ole shifts the Balance

Guardiola languishes in the bottom half of the table,whilst Ole’s revival skills prepare Manchester United to retake the City bragging rights.

Liverpool beat Sheffield United in a rightfully emotional Anfield still in shock from losing their inspirational captain.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Wrong Cancelo is not first choice left back. He's 3rd at best, 1st choice is Mendy and Ake second. . That's 3 and as I said a clearly injured Aguero up top who couldn't run. On Pep for that, hell likely nbe out another 2-3 weeks now. Anyway we're gone off topic should probably move to the City thread as this one is for funny bm comments. My bad for not reading the thread title.
That's new. So you really think Mendy is better than Cancelo. A player that many of City fans were unhappy about with his performance. A position that Pep wanted to sign in the summer due to Mendy was bad. Ironically, Cancelo was your best two player yesterday and he played left back.

Josh 76

Do you think Peps time is coming to a close? It's no secret he only stays at a club for around 4 years because he burns them out with his high intensity. A few seasons ago they were chasing the opposition in packs now from what I've seen of City that seems to be dropping off a cliff with the exception of Foden.

Gundogan looks like he's finished. Jesus will never be a long term substitute for Kun, B. Silva looks like a shadow of his former self, D. Silva hasn't been replaced (maybe a case could be made for Foden) both full back positions are looking suspect, Garcia looks like he wants to go to Barca, Laporte seems to have his fair share of injuries, same as Fernandinho. . The only positives I see are De Bruyne, ederson Sterling, Foden and maybe Rodri and Ruben Diaz. Mahrez I could take or leave him because he's so inconsistent.

Just a short time ago it looked like City just needed a few tweaks. Now it's looking like another rebuild could be on its way.
So surprised they didn't go for Cavani and Thiago.
Would have been the perfect boost and only a small outlay.

No Idea For Nickname

"Why can't we win 0-13 like Ajax" thread
Wonder if we`ll ever hit 13 in one game ... or will it take us 13 games nowadays ? ;)
It'll be a while but imagine the outrage...we were disrespectful feckers scoring 9!!!!
Not just nine goals, b. If we pick up a point some canutes in the RDAHMeedya are outraged!
might if we could field our strongest team......and buy Messi and Harrland.
Do well to score 13 before Xmas the way we are missing chances.
Come on really! we’ll get at least 14 before then.
Why cant we score more goals than the opposition after going 1 behind
we spelen niet in de Nederlandse competitie
But Ajax can't keep the ball out of their own net when they play the Dippers. And I suspect that there isn't an Ajax fan waltzing into Dam Square this morning having watched the match on telly thinking "I would have settled for ten and had the extra three in the week v those Scouse bastards!" And let's not forget that Venlo are the Frickley Colliery of the Nederlands. They're not exactly Willem Twee!
Nope, we would have stopped playing at 6-0 to conserve energy and passed it around in our own half for the last hour

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
City fans seem strangely eager to argue that Pep can only succeed when the best player in the league is in his team and fit to play.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
You paid £60m for a third choice LB? And you’re whingeing about injuries?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
City fans are the most insecure, tin foil hat wearing, agenda promoting fans in the whole of football. And they wonder why they are referred to as the bitters....

Plenty calling for Pep to go now. The best manager they have ever had and ever will have and they want him gone. This is how stupid football has become. Fans have got no patience or understanding at all.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
City fans are the most insecure, tin foil hat wearing, agenda promoting fans in the whole of football. And they wonder why they are referred to as the bitters....

Plenty calling for Pep to go now. The best manager they have ever had and ever will have and they want him gone. This is how stupid football has become. Fans have got no patience or understanding at all.
To be fair to them, I wouldn't mind if he left either.

Judas

Open to offers
It's one of the few occasions where even rivals want him to go in a way. Even if it's gone downhill for him seemingly, I don't see how they better him. This whole project was built with him in mind, it was all setup for him to bring home titles and CL trophies. Imagine moving to Poch after Pep, its a tragic downgrade.

Baneofthegame

I think what I meant (and worded quite clumsily) is that in seasons gone past, City have won the league rather than relying on others to do them favours, the same as Liverpool last year.
And I agree, if they missed out on Top 4 after spending the equivalent of the GDP of a small country (all fairly of course), then it would be hilarious!
Yeah I agree on all fronts, if your lot want to join them as well I wouldn’t say no......:lol:

youmeletsfly

When you spend a billion and don't win week in week out that's what happens. It's the same with Ole.

Football is seen more in numbers these days. Also fans seem to have more knowledge of the game, a manager's errors are more obvious now than 15 years ago.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
The reason I'm here and not Bluemoon is because I was banned for questioning Pep. I'm obviously not happy that he's struggling but he was never the manager some people raised him up to be.

United58

Sky News last night - Liverpool win their first premier league game after van Dyke's injury
To be fair, that is mad from Sky :lol:

The reason I'm here and not Bluemoon is because I was banned for questioning Pep. I'm obviously not happy that he's struggling but he was never the manager some people raised him up to be.
I knew a City fan on a Football Manager forum back in 2011, great guy, no wild football lunacy. All the City fans on RedCafe are great (at least, what I've seen of them). What is it with Blue Moon and RAWK?! Is it that we pick and choose the worst to quote? You could make RedCafe look awful with some of the stuff posted here, but the conspiracies on Blue Moon are :houllier:

M Bison

Supports
York City
I’m surprised Pep has stayed as long as he has, I was expecting him to have left by now. Is this his longest managers job?

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Absolutely but we'll still get in or around 80 points minimum. Before the season kicked off I predicted us 5 or so points down on you guys when you come to the Etihad.

When Laporte and Kun are back and fully fit well be much stronger. I think it's simple over reaction to a tough run of games and injuries.

We're a shadow of the team we were but I don't think we've fallen into the pack just yet.
But having spent the amount of money that you have, relying on an ageing and unfit Aguero should be a massive cause for concern. Laporte is quality but again, you've spent a shit load of money on your defence and it falls apart due to one player being out injured?
You play in a different financial league to everyone bar PSG so the recruitment has to be looked at. I'd have Laporte alongside VVD at Liverpool but apart from him, our full backs and goalkeeper are better than what you've got and we've paid nowhere near the same amount. Clearly football isn't played on transfer fees but they have to be taken into consideration when you've spent that amount and won a solitary League Cup last season and got beaten in the Champions League by Lyon.

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
That's new. So you really think Mendy is better than Cancelo. A player that many of City fans were unhappy about with his performance. A position that Pep wanted to sign in the summer due to Mendy was bad. Ironically, Cancelo was your best two player yesterday and he played left back.
Do I? No. But Pep clearly does and Cancelo only plays lb when filling in. That's not even a debate if you've watched City last 2 season when Mendy's available. Cancelo was good yesterday but it's the equivalent of saying Dalot was your first choice lb when Shaw was out

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Do I? No. But Pep clearly does and Cancelo only plays lb when filling in. That's not even a debate if you've watched City last 2 season when Mendy's available. Cancelo was good yesterday but it's the equivalent of saying Dalot was your first choice lb when Shaw was out
Last 2 season has nothing to do with this season. Cancelo literary just joined last season.

How is it the same? When clearly both United fans & the manager didn't rate Dalot. So do you still think Mendy is better than Cancelo?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Manchester United should pay their fair share of taxes instead of offshoring. This would support his scheme. That’s not to say he is not a caring person and should not be admired.

Can you believe the audacity, sheer ignorance and lack of self awareness of a City fan saying this. :lol:

our manager doesn’t need an injury crises to leave out his best players.....

M Bison

Supports
York City
They can’t be happy over there at the moment, definitely isn’t clicking for them at the moment. Looked disjointed/unbalanced vs Liverpool

No Idea For Nickname

Let this sink in:

If United beats WBA at home next matchday, we will be behind them 1 point on the table them when we start our game at Tottenham away.
and we might not get much at Tottenham
We have a game in hand. Ffs
Jesus christ the amount being made about the handball decision. Come on Micah, remind everyone about the Trent handball that wasn't given last season.
Best midfielder in the world misses a penalty to win the game and it's Peps fault.

Only on here.
Unless you didn’t notice mate, the penalty was missed in the first half....
Really needed a win today......I dont understand why Villa put 7 past them and we struggle.....at home as well...
Sky making a big deal out of our penalty yet Manes dive gets barely no mention. Bores the shit out of me that the two biggest cheats in the league go unpunished.
feck me, I wish they had discussed past penalty incidents at a field as much as this, fecking disgrace from sky talking about the penalty for the over 15 mins, barely a mention of the foul on sterling
Clever and well earned apparently. Never a foul in a million years
People are saying Walkers face even looked guilty. It did because he knew it was a banker of a penalty as Mane is the expert in winning penalties with minimal to feck all contact. Brain dead from Kyle, but never a pen.
Sky interview with Gonez. All about the handball. Why can’t they ask questions about why they dive so often, do they think Mane should have been carded for kicking the ball away. Why do they get so few cards
Klopp just said after 10 min every player on the pitch was gasping for breath, can someone explain why

It's regarded as a moral victory to the other 19 teams in the league when they take points off us.
Teams turn up when they play us regardless of our position in the league.
The broadcasting media will give us far more shit for being in the bottom half of the league than they will our inferior neighbours the rags
We are playing like a side looking to secure a top 6 finish.

And it is on Pep.

We should have beat them today.
how is it on pep when our players do not finish chances? We should have been up 3-1 easy... can’t blame pep for that.
That strike from John McGinn for villa now - wish Sterling would hit it like that occasionally
Hold on...pep wanted 5 subs per game

Yet only made one against the dippers ?
Exactly. Guy has lost the plot.
According to Spitty we might as well fold the club now.
You guys still listening to these sky knobheads, I turn over on final whistle and turn on at kick off.
feck me, does anyone actually enjoy watching us anymore? Liverpool are a very very good side and we should of won and played well. Sometimes it’s ok not to win and still enjoy it.
I seriously don’t know why some people watch us
Win the two games in hand and we're joint top with spurs. It's not all doom and gloom.
eh? We are playing 39 games?? Quality.. hadn’t realise that!

still won’t win the league playing like this though :(
Er, win the 1 game in hand and move to 7th I think you mean?

mu4c_20le

they were more upset about our game than their own
Cheating bastads, Telles is at it now, go within a foot and he's on the deck with resulting free kick, these rags and refs need pulling.
Its fecking bent
Absolutely ridiculous 100%penalty
Just fecking bent.

Corruption in plain sight.

The difference between the VAR calls we get and they get is unreal.

Blatant penalty.
The game is fecked beyond repair
Will never be the same
Really close to feckin it off
pen to Utd
If this doesn't get overturned it's a joke.
This is feckin crazy
Piss off

fecking bent cnuts
If that’d been us there’s no way they would’ve let us retake it