Bobby Madley quits as referee | and now he's back

Sylar

Hes the same age as me but looks about 10 years older than me. Crazy.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He looked like he loved being a referee so that's a shock.

Oldyella

Sam Wallace has acted like a right prick here. Either he's seen a video and should say so, or he's just gone off the same twitter nonsense everyone else is on about and shouldn't make vague reference to a video no one seems to have seen.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yes, there have been some rumours going around on twitter but don't discuss them here while they're not proven to be true as the caf could get into legal issues.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
No discussion or even hint of the baseless rumors going round. I've had to delete 95% of the posts in this thread as you are opening the Caf up to defamation action.

Any more and warning points will start to fly.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Hope it was no personal tragedy that brought it on but he was crap so it's for the best.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
No discussion or even hint of the baseless rumors going round. I've had to delete 95% of the posts in this thread as you are opening the Caf up to defamation action.

Any more and warning points will start to fly.
I thought the OP didn't notice the old thread and was expecting people to take the piss out of him. :(

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Sucks for him tbh, if he wasn't abusive or anything obviously. Must have really effected him for him to quit something he'd worked at for a long time, hopefully he'll be ok and maybe we'll see him back next year or something.

Tarrou

I mean he still has to work and earn money though, not sure why he can't continue as a ref

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I mean he still has to work and earn money though, not sure why he can't continue as a ref
Refereeing can take a physical and emotional toll on a person, refereeing right now while in a potentially fragile state isn't something he feels he can do, there's nothing wrong with that.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Clearly he felt he'd be too distracted by his off the field issues.

AndyJ1985

Perhaps he doesn't want to deal with abusive football fans calling him all the names under the sun whilst he deals with a broken marriage.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Maybe as part of the divorce he only gets the kids at the weekend. Can't imagine any other reason why splitting from your partner means you have to quit your job.

Tarrou

Refereeing can take a physical and emotional toll on a person, refereeing right now while in a potentially fragile state isn't something he feels he can do, there's nothing wrong with that.
Yeah of course but that doesn't mean he has to retire for good. Surely he'll come back once he's had a bit of time off?

C3Pique

32?! I'm 33 and he could legitimately pass for my dad.

Feel for him though, he's had a ruff time lately.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Those rumours were quite disgusting an unnecessary.
That's Twitter for you. Wouldn't be surprised if there's more to it though, given its takes what, 10 years? to become a select group referee? They're also desperate for referees, surely could have taken a sabbatical or something. All very strange.