Television Bob's Burgers

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Aye the missus and I love this show. It's never done particularly well over here though.

I think they played the entire first series but then they seemed to cancel showing the second one part way through.

The DVD still hasn't been released for this region either.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I've watched every episode of the two series they've shown on E4. It's good fun.
They didn't show all of the 2nd series did they? Or did my V-Box just refuse to record it?

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I've been thinking of starting watching it since they are going to be make a crossover episode with Archer next year. H. Jon Benjamin is great.

kps88

This show is hilarious. Funniest animated show out there along with Archer.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'd never even heard of this show until I saw this thread... I'll check this out, I fancy getting into a new comedy.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've only seen random episodes of this show, so I'm watching from the start.

This cracked me up from the Pilot :lol:

b82REZ

The one where he traps himself in the wall is my fave.

"Would you care to use the facilities?"

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Aww that was brilliant, just to get away from the mother in law.

If you like the Louise character, check out Flight of the Conchords. Girl that voices her is in it. One of the best shows I've seen.
Kristen Schaal?

Slightly in love with her. Especially her stand up.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I love Archer but this is shite IMO, watched a fair few episodes and don't like anything about it.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's a brilliant show. I think the beginning of beginning of season 2 or 3 where he was Archer. That really twisted my mind for a split second.
And when Gene dresses up like Bob. I don't know why but I was just laughing the whole episode through.

Dante

Average bang
Where does this show rank amongst your favourite animated comedies? For me, it's in the conversation with The Simpsons, Archer and Big Mouth. Where it beats the others is the fact it's been consistently great for 11 years now.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Where does this show rank amongst your favourite animated comedies? For me, it's in the conversation with The Simpsons, Archer and Big Mouth. Where it beats the others is the fact it's been consistently great for 11 years now.
It gets closer to The Simpsons (season 1 to 12 anyway) than any other animated show, for me. Consistently good to date. The dialogue is incredible, and it definitely has the best musical segments of just about any comedy outside of Flight of the Conchords. Die Hard The Musical is amazing.

I love any scene involving Sergeant Bosco or Mickey the bankrobber.

Dante

Average bang
Incredible show and ranks up there for the best animation in my opinion. So smart in its writing and the performances are excellent. H Jon Benjamin and Kristen Schaal are incredible.

I’d also add Rick and Morty to your list.
Ah, shit, yeah! Knew I forgot something!

Dante

Average bang
It gets closer to The Simpsons (season 1 to 12 anyway) than any other animated show, for me. Consistently good to date. The dialogue is incredible, and it definitely has the best musical segments of just about any comedy outside of Flight of the Conchords. Die Hard The Musical is amazing.

I love any scene involving Sergeant Bosco or Mickey the bankrobber.
Only seasons 2 to 9 of The Simpsons for me. But, yeah, I agree with your overall sentiment.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Only seasons 2 to 9 of The Simpsons for me. But, yeah, I agree with your overall sentiment.
Yeah I can do without S1 of The Simpsons actually. It serves nostalgia purposes only. Significant decline after S9, but 10-12 is still better than most. 2-9 is the GOAT.

I tried to do a full run through on Disney+ and it was tough. I got as far as S18 and I had to stop. It gets painfully bad.

Sylar

Louise is great

I love this show, great fun and very well written. I love that the literally clutching for straws has become a big meme

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I have never seen Bob's Burgers. I may have to fix this. It's on netflix or prime video now isn't it?

edit: it's on prime video - splendid!

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Great show, but I tend to zone out during the musical numbers. Musical comedy rarely does it for me; the only time I've been properly impressed by it was watching The Book of Mormon.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Great show, but I tend to zone out during the musical numbers. Musical comedy rarely does it for me; the only time I've been properly impressed by it was watching The Book of Mormon.
Tim Minchin and Bill Bailey do really great musical comedy, but generally I agree with you that it's rare to find good stuff.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Schedule to release at the end of May 2022!
Cool. This has always been one of those series I'd watch if it was on but wouldn't go out of my way to see it. It'll probably be the same for this movie, I'll watch it whenever it comes onto a streaming service I use.

Sylar

Cool. This has always been one of those series I'd watch if it was on but wouldn't go out of my way to see it. It'll probably be the same for this movie, I'll watch it whenever it comes onto a streaming service I use.
I think I'm the same. When it's on I always enjoy it