Body of missing girl found

humdinger

How sad. Devastating for the family. Staying at a nature reserve in Malaysia - sounds like a dream family holiday, they must have been looking forward to it for months.

RIP

buckooo1978

terrible - what a tragedy that a life is stolen away

god bless the family

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I've been following the updates on this story and was really hoping they'd find her alive, but too much time had passed for that to be likely. RIP Nora, poor kid. She was evidently so excited about the holiday. :(

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m really hoping she wasn’t taken. I’ve seen it suggested that her malaria tablets could have given her some bad dreams and left her confused in the middle of the night and I can completely believe that. Had some awful nights on them myself so add a severe learning difficulty and it’s not inconceivable that she woke up in a panic in unfamiliar surroundings and wandered off.

It’s not a nice scenario but it’s a preferable one to the alternatives :(

Oldyella

I’m really hoping she wasn’t taken. I’ve seen it suggested that her malaria tablets could have given her some bad dreams and left her confused in the middle of the night and I can completely believe that. Had some awful nights on them myself so add a severe learning difficulty and it’s not inconceivable that she woke up in a panic in unfamiliar surroundings and wandered off.

Yeah, have had malaria tablets before and they were pretty rough.

Horrible news but as sad as it is, at least they have found the body. I can't imagine much worse than never having resolution.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Don’t know why in particular in this world of constant horrible stories, but this one really hit me in the pit of the stomach. Poor lass, I really hope she didn’t suffer. :(

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan

You don't need malaria tablets in Malaysia.

I guess the autopsy will reveal more but I'd be surprised if its not just a case of her wandering off. I mean the chances of getting kidnapped from your room are so unbelievably remote. And on their first day there as well.

Last edited:

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Her parents said she never went anywhere on her own and she didn't walk very well, either. Maybe she was confused because of some medication, but to climb out of a window isn't easy, even if you're able-bodied.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Her parents said she never went anywhere on her own and she didn't walk very well, either. Maybe she was confused because of some medication, but to climb out of a window isn't easy, even if you're able-bodied.
I read yesterday that she was apparently very excited to see the waterfall close to where they were staying, which is where the body was found so it made me think she probably did go off on her own.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Very sad news but at least it gives the family closure I guess. Unfortunately it may have been foul play as the rumour I heard was that she was found naked. No idea if that is true but I hope it's not.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Very sad news but at least it gives the family closure I guess. Unfortunately it may have been foul play as the rumour I heard was that she was found naked. No idea if that is true but I hope it's not.
Just read that on BBC News. The information came from the deputy police chief in Malaysia so seems it's true unfortunately.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Any one with a daughter particularly must only imagine what her poor family are thinking, and will continue to think for the rest of their days. I honestly don't think I could cope anywhere close to how they have, RIP.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I read yesterday that she was apparently very excited to see the waterfall close to where they were staying, which is where the body was found so it made me think she probably did go off on her own.
You may be right but the family were adamant that she couldn’t go anywhere on her own. Truth will come out in the autopsy I guess

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
You may be right but the family were adamant that she couldn’t go anywhere on her own. Truth will come out in the autopsy I guess
The information about her being found naked now makes me think it's far more sinister than her going off by herself. I've also read that the waterfall is a mile away from where they were staying so it seems even less likely that she would have been able to wander that far by herself given what the family had said.

arnie_ni

Bless her. The twitter theories (and probably other social media) on this have been disgusting.
Doesnt explain why she was found naked. Could animals have been around her after she died?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
So sad. It's a shame people seemed to automatically assume she was abducted as soon as it happened but I guess that's the world we live in. Still sounds like a horrible way to go.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
It is a real shame and a sad end.

It really annoys me how the parents say "She would NEVER go out on her own", people think they know their children, but they know shit. She is so vulnerable, they should be monitoring her, especially in an unfamiliar environment, more often. She is in the middle of this jungle, seeing things she has never seen before, or maybe heard noises which scared her, or saw some big ugly insect in her room & was frightened.

Who knows what she has been through in those 6 days she was wandering around lost, hungry and thirsty.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Tragic. I read that the internal bleeding was attributed to “starvation” - didn’t know that was even possible in 4-6 days!!
Stress was mentioned as well, which would probably be an even bigger contributor along with her surroundings.

That report is a bit overly graphic tbh.
It is but I suppose necessary to try and put a stop to the hurtful theories.
Never even entered my head, id have thought she'd at least have pjs on
Parents said she only wore underwear.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
It is but I suppose necessary to try and put a stop to the hurtful theories.

It is reassuring in one sense, but the thought of someone well-meaningly saying 'oh it must be a relief that her hymen was intact' to her parents is pretty grotesque.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Hopefully it provides some closure to the family so that they can focus on moving on from tragedy. They’ll probably never be able to fully move on, but hopefully they have a semblance of peace. RiP.