Television BoJack Horseman

Scrumpet

There are no words

On Netflix with Will Arnett, Alison Brie, Aaron Paul.

Someone watch it and tell me if it's worth my precious time.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
It's shit. It's really really shit.

IMDB users have given it an 8.5 so far though, and Metacritic an 8.6 (or something like that). I thought it was really awful but that probably means it's decent.

I've only watched the first episode mind.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I liked it. Watched the whole first season last night. It definitely does broaden as the season goes on. It's fairly typical of that Adault Swim-style goofball cartoons. Will Arnett is very good in it.

Alock1

Man. I thought it was bad..

To be fair, I wasn't set on Rick & Mortys first episode on first watch either, but it turned out to be one of the best things I've seen. So perhaps I should give it another try.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
So, I'm currently watching Episode 2 of Season 2.

And I'm just going to throw this out there, I think this is going to become one of the best things on TV. It's just a prediction, it certainly isn't better than best at the moment...

But the premise is so genius. And the show, I think, is going to make more and more sense as they go along. I mean forget that he's a horse. I don't know why he's a horse, he didn't need to be a horse except that it's memorable.

He used to be a big TV's sitcom star in the 90's. And that ended. And he's got to continue living his life. It's the black comedy about what happens to the actor after the comedy ends.

The difference between this and family guy or the Simpsons is that, Bojack needs to grow. It's not always back to the beginning again at the start of each episode.

I hope this becomes great.

Although to be honest I'm sure there are other really good animations that I dont watch.

Alock1

I never did get round to starting this. I'm blaming @Alock1
It's actually good too :lol:

I hated it at first but it grew on me loads and I really liked it by the end of season 1 then rewatched it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Finished season 2.

I remember the first season being a slow burner but I agree with @rcoobc I think it's a really great show now. Given the look of the show, it's weird how it can mix silly humour ("Is Officer Meow Meow Fuzzyface a loose cannon or a cop on the edge?") and then go to some dark places and still work so well.

rcoobc

That's weird, I just finished it.

Man I love this show. It's my favourite dark comedy since black books. But man does it make me feel awful

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's decent. Been doing other stuff whilst having this on. Thought the middle-to-end of 1st season was the best things so far. Some good lines here and there. It's got nothing on Rick and Morty and not as good as Bob's Burgers either.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Season 2 is so boring, i had to stop watching at New Mexico.
Really? Just watched a couple of episodes myself (which I enjoyed), my friend is about half way through the season and said he was really enjoying it and feels there's more laughs than in season 1.
It's baffling, and here he is trying to be a part of the Caf TV show mafia.
I didn't choose that life Nilssy, it's the life that chose me.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Really? Just watched a couple of episodes myself (which I enjoyed), my friend is about half way through the season and said he was really enjoying it and feels there's more laughs than in season 1.

I didn't choose that life Nilssy, it's the life that chose me.
You should start watching season 3 on your way to work. The longer you wait the stupider you'll feel afterwards, like The Wire.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Anyone watching season 3? About halfway through it and it's brilliant.

The underwater episode was weird but very good.

rcoobc

Anyone watching season 3? About halfway through it and it's brilliant.

The underwater episode was weird but very good.
I'm on episode 8?

Haven't liked it as much as the last 2 seasons...
Why do they keep flashbacking to 2007, and why was there an episode where bojack was underwater the whole episode.
But really liked the last few episodes!

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I'm on episode 8?

Haven't liked it as much as the last 2 seasons...
Why do they keep flashbacking to 2007, and why was there an episode where bojack was underwater the whole episode.
But really liked the last few episodes!
agreed. it is still good so. I´ll watch episode 9 later.

Pacific Ocean (underground) Film Festival. The slowmo chase in the gluey stuff was great

In many ways I can relate to Bojack. probably not a good sign. :D:annoyed:

Nickosaur

Just finished Season 2. The penultimate episode (where Bojack goes to see his old friend in New Mexico) was really dark. This show is brilliant, funny and tragic.

Will start on S3 this week.

rcoobc

agreed. it is still good so. I´ll watch episode 9 later.

Pacific Ocean (underground) Film Festival. The slowmo chase in the gluey stuff was great

In many ways I can relate to Bojack. probably not a good sign. :D:annoyed:
Haha

I'm not like him at all. But. This show man

rcoobc

Okay, I was further than I thought.

Didn't like this season as much as the last 2...

But

facund

Half way through season 3 and whilst it's entertaining I can go entire episodes without laughing.

I liked the underwater episode (which was essentially an incredibly long set-up for the joke at the end where he realises he can speak) and the song from the abortion episode was brilliant. Braap, braap!

PedroMendez

Acolyte
hmm. just finished the season. . I am looking forward to s4, but s1 and s2 were overall slightly better than s3.

E11 was brilliant. Very dark and by far the best episode of the season. E12 was rubbish. Not sure how they came up with that. No climax at all and against the run and spirit of the series. Almost like they planned to end the show after s3, but got renewed, so they changed it. A couple of good moments, but overall a fairly disappointing ending

Last edited:

NinjaFletch

I think this is one of the best shows around at the minute.

That said Ep 4 which people are predictably furiously masturbating over is one of the biggest pieces of crap I've seen in a show I otherwise like.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I just got rid of Netflix and then the new season comes out. Guess I'll be renewing my subscription.

caid

Takes a while to get going but i really like it

Last few episodes were a real bummer this season