Bojan Djordjic Podcast

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Adnan, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Oct 8, 2019

Adnan Full Member

Danny Higginbotham is the best ex United pundit IMO.
  2. Oct 8, 2019

Vault Dweller Full Member

You know what, you might be right. Because he is fighting hard and always wants the ball he is visible, ergo will get more openly criticized.
  3. Oct 8, 2019

dev1l Full Member

His comments re Fletcher were off the mark. Fletcher endured torrid abuse by the fans before he established himself. It it wasn't for the patience Fergie showed with him (and ignoring the fans), Fletch would never have made it.
    I m not sure a young Fletcher would have lasted so long nowadays...
  4. Oct 8, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

It is! There’s a reason why people like Matic and young rarely get criticised in the media. They hide and play safe and don’t “obvious” errors like giving the ball away forcing things. To the untrained eye giving the ball away is the worst thing possible but they don’t get the context. Anyway.
  5. Oct 8, 2019

Ballache Full Member

He said that Fletcher was very highly rated coming through, which he was.
    I don't get why Bojan gets abuse, he never claimed he was a success at United but the guy absolutely loves the club and speaks his mind as a fan.
  6. Oct 8, 2019

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

Not surprised.
    Wiki has him at 1 league appearance in 6 years!

Still. It's more than we've done! But I'd be pretty embarrassed to be presented as an Ex United player off a few minutes of action 20 years ago!
  7. Oct 8, 2019

dev1l Full Member

Yes he was highly rated by the coaching staff but most of fans thought otherwise...they even gave him the nickname "the Scottish player".
    If you search the archives of the CAF, you LL have a glimpse of the abuse he was subjected to
  8. Oct 8, 2019

POF Full Member

Fletcher had some really serious injuries before he got anywhere near the first team squad. He was rated as a really top talent before those injuries.

McTominay never really stood out in one of the worst u23 teams the club has had in many years. He was basically seen as slightly better than Matty Willock and Devonte Redmond.
  9. Oct 8, 2019

dev1l Full Member

So what?
    Maybe McT is a late developer.
  10. Oct 8, 2019

OohAahMartial Full Member

Fred: "Am I even a footballer?"

Some great quotes from him :lol:
  11. Oct 8, 2019

Big Ben Foster Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Supports:
    Also support Vasco da Gama
    IIRC Fergie wanted to give him his first team debut when he was still 15!
  12. Oct 8, 2019

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    I still marvel at people who patronize mctominay with faint praise. I suspect they are the type who still think Jordan Henderson is shit.......
  13. Oct 8, 2019

MisterLupus Full Member

I think he's absolutely spot on as far as the general quality of our squad is concerned. How many of our current squad would make the cut ten years ago? De Gea is a given, but I doubt even Pogba would be considered a prime candidate back then because despite his obvious qualities he's severely lacking in both consistency and adaptability. Martial? Shaw? Strong candidates but probably rotation options of the luxury kind rather than main contributors. Wan Bissaka and Maguire I could see make it as first-team regulars - but James and McTominay despite their talent and drive (they're both growing on me) would also be stuck in rotation as would Rashford (he's too immature in my opinion) and Lindelöf (he's a good option per now but certain areas of his game is weak). I don't think Lingard would even be among us - and pretty much everyone on our current B-list likewise scrapped. Tuanzebe is the only youngster I've seen enough of to rate as a squad player - the others I'm still reserving my opinion on.

We won't know how good our coaching staff really is - no matter who it consists of - until we've built a decent team for them to toy about with. Our current squad is way short of that mark - though there's a lot of potential at least among our starting eleven we are lacking the needed quality even there and beyond that there's little to no depth whatsoever.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  14. Oct 8, 2019

Roboc7 Full Member

His point about Mctominay is valid, he’s our second best midfielder but would struggle to be a regular starter for pretty much any Premier League team. The Longstaffs showed more ability on Sunday.

More and more people in media are commenting on what a shambles club is but we all know nothing other than the manager is going to change.
  15. Oct 9, 2019

Vault Dweller Full Member

Yeah agreed. I much prefer players taking a risk than safe all the time.
  16. Oct 9, 2019

POF Full Member

I'm just explaining what Djordjic meant. He was saying that one was a genuine top class talent when in the academy and the other wasn't. That is absolutely true.

People in the Caf's reaction isn't relevant because what he is referring to happened long before that. When he was a young academy kid, I remember the reports of a new Scottish superstar who was "better than Beckham" (when that meant something!) before the injuries hit. He looked nothing like that when he finally made the first team squad and injuries obviously took their toll.

McTominay deserves a lot of credit for his progress over the last 12 months. He's the most improved player in the squad. Ole deserves credit for McTominay's development too actually but whisper it quietly.
  17. Oct 9, 2019

POF Full Member

I remember the hype and then being really underwhelmed when he finally made his debut. In hindsight, that was slightly harsh on the poor bugger!
  18. Oct 9, 2019

buckooo1978 Full Member

the point he made on McTominay was revised to say hed possibly be a squad player under a Fergie team alongside experienced pros which is fair enough

the backlash against the Glazers is almost as disappointing as our football. The silence is deafening
  19. Oct 10, 2019

Marcelinho87 Full Member

More people need to listen to this, especially about the dangers of throwing the young lads in a broken team.