Booing our own players would you?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
When they disrespect the badge to the degree this bunch of overpaid, lazy cnuts have, yes I would and fans should hound half these pricks out of the club like how Madrid fans would. Remember when everyone said how shitty they were for doing it? Well maybe there’s a reason why they have 13 European cups and we have 3, maybe their fans have higher standards and are winners. Top reds though, would rather we faded away into obscurity than boo these bunch of frauds.
Real fans booed Benzema and Ronaldo when they had bad patch. I think that was shit thing to do but basically nobody wants to leave that club, isn't it?

Castia

I would boo this current squad 100%. They deserve nothing less.

lex talionis

I’m not on board with booing our players, at least not collectively.

There’s magic bullet but what needs to happen right now is to bench serial underperforming players. Sure, we could say that’s everyone, but let’s start with Maguire, Bruno, Fred, McTominay and Rashford. That will send a massive message to those who are left that ETH will not fukk around and they’ll be next if they don’t pull it together.

Havak

Pokemon master
Don't boo players. I will criticise them after games and even during if they make a bad mistake, but I'll still get behind them for the rest of the match.

Worst I've seen was Maguire getting booed when we played Atletico. Have to shout at other United 'fans'. How is it going to do any good?

hobbers

Depends how many youngsters and new signings are on the pitch.

Maguire, Dalot, Shaw, Rashford, McFred etc, these guys completely deserve to be booed off. They deserve 'not fit to wear the shirt' chants. They've more than earned it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The boos will happen regardless and these players need to know that they're the ones being booed sometimes. It's not always boos directed at the Glazers, it's not boos directed at Ten Hag. They can't hid behind thinking that they're being protected by the fans. They need to sort their shit out.

The entire club is a mess and that isn't their fault, but right now they're the only ones that can do anything about their attitudes.

Long Time Red

The players should be booed non-stop for 90 minutes until the Glazers sell.

Fans need to nuclear.

kps88

I'd feel weird booing this squad now. They're broken and useless.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Yeah…booing might help a fragile fan with limited emotional intelligence but there’s zero valid impirical evidence that proves it helps a player improve performance.

So I guess doing it is another example of so called fan stupidity.

Sylar

Yeah…booing might help a fragile fan with limited emotional intelligence but there’s zero valid impirical evidence that proves it helps a player improve performance.

So I guess doing it is another example of so called fan stupidity.
It's not that simple is it?

I've never booed a player but I've also attended OT less due to finances going into house / mortgage/ marriage
But whilst I agree booing when results aren't going your way won't help, booing for lack of perceived effort is deserved from a paying fan.

Fans put so much effort into supporting the team, the least they deserve is the same effort put in from the players performing

Tyrion

I'd boo at half time and full time. I wouldn't boo individuals.

I'd feel weird booing this squad now. They're broken and useless.
Yeah they're basically a dead horse. Not much point kicking them.

Giggsy13

The players are a product of a poor and inept recruitment strategy. We have a mish mash of individual players who are good on their day but low on confidence. They could use the boost that may come from big and transformative signings to help boost their morale but we have owners who are too dumb to think on that level. Boo the glazers, Murtough and Arnold. All the hate and venom should be directed towards them.

croadyman

I’m not on board with booing our players, at least not collectively.

There’s magic bullet but what needs to happen right now is to bench serial underperforming players. Sure, we could say that’s everyone, but let’s start with Maguire, Bruno, Fred, McTominay and Rashford. That will send a massive message to those who are left that ETH will not fukk around and they’ll be next if they don’t pull it together.
Yeah and in comes Varane, Donny, Garner and Garnacho, maybe have Bailly partner Rafa and put Martinez in midfield.

crossy1686

career ending
If you've paid money and traveled to see them and they won't even run then they deserve to be booed. No one else in their sheltered little lives tells them when their behaviour is unacceptable so someone has to.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Shaw will only stop eating cheeseburgers long enough to grab his paycheck each week and laugh at you. Yes. You should boo him. In fact, laugh in his face. It’s not like he’d be able to catch you.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Somehow the top reds think it’s beneath them to boo - that’s their opinion but I disagree with it. With the exception of the kids and the newly signed players, every single player deserves to be heckled and bood from the fans. They make obscene amounts of money and can’t even put in effort most of the time. Their behavior is disgraceful.
no idea what their salary has to do with anything. but my reason for not booing them - and enough people here have told me I don't love the club for being so critical - is that I love the club. nothing to do with it being below or above me. they have been part of my life for most of my life and, for me, boing them, would be like not supporting them

LazyGoal

This is the time to show your worth as a fan.
Four positives for each negative.

Get a fekking grip people.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Don't boo players. I will criticise them after games and even during if they make a bad mistake, but I'll still get behind them for the rest of the match.

Worst I've seen was Maguire getting booed when we played Atletico. Have to shout at other United 'fans'. How is it going to do any good?
What good will it do? It will break him and he might look to get out/go to pieces in training and not get picked.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

Bit of a cnutish thing to do, suggesting you're a better fan? :lol:

And not booing hasn't helped either? They've had an easy ride, maybe that's contributed to the continuous lack of effort? Maybe booing will raise standards.

Do you think players would keep getting payrises/renewed contracts if they were getting booed every time they didn't put any effort it (which has been every week for the past year, probably longer because they don't press etc)?

Cheering/clapping shite means the people making decisions think they're doing something right, which isn't solving anything.

Booing won't improve things in a game, but the players will think twice about jogging around feeling sorry for themselves in the next game that's for sure.

Our bunch of players are too far gone anyway, Maguire cupping his ear after scoring against Andorra for England showed the mentality of him, and I'm guessing the rest of the squad are like that too, so booing them just let's you vent your frustration, which, if you're paying a good amount of money to go see them and you're not being entertained, you may aswell get something out of it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I always wonder why an average Liverpool team are able to win a CL title in 2005 vs Milan.

Their fans kind of just support very average players even if they themselves look stupid.

Our fans are a bit more self minded, thinking of their own feelings than supporting a club.

Having a go at the Glazers are different to having a go at the players though.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Just turn your back to them and show them the middle finger

RonaldoVII

Collectively as a squad there's probably times when it's acceptable and deserved, ie end of a game. Would never boo an individual though.

SouthernRedDev

I'm not sure booing would help, you can clearly see that they are aware of how they are perceived by the fans, they don't seem capable of dealing with it, when your feeling incredibly low it's best not too pile on. Just look what they were capable of when the fans weren't allowed in.

pjaya

Personally I think booing is ok, if the players doesn’t even show some or little effort in chasing the ball. Doesn’t matter if the players is technically poor but at least show some desire to chase the ball or something

Cloud7

I always wonder why an average Liverpool team are able to win a CL title in 2005 vs Milan.

Their fans kind of just support very average players even if they themselves look stupid.

Our fans are a bit more self minded, thinking of their own feelings than supporting a club.

Even during their most average of teams, those pricks were always fired up for the big occasions. How many times did we lose against them even when we had far better teams than they did? That was always something I noticed about Liverpool, the players were always fired up for big matches no matter how crap they are.

Our players are the complete opposite. When the big occasions come around they get worse.

It's nothing to do with the fans.

m1tch

This is the problem with this lot of players we've got though. They're totally incapable of raising their game or putting in a huge shift in order to even win a one off derby match, nevermind a cup run.

That's nothing to do with the support or booing from the fans, it's nothing to do with the manager/coaches it seems. Their excuse seems to be that they don't like one of their teammates.

LeVoyageur

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
If they don't honor the shirts they are wearing of course.
If they lose after giving everything on the pitch i would applause them

scottser

the players are always accountable to the fans, always. if they get booed it really is there own fault, especially if they are not displaying the requisite effort and respect for the club. the club's directors and management should not have to be reminded of this either and they simply should not allow a team to go out on the pitch which lacks honesty of effort. the problem with united is that there is nobody there with the authority to deliver the necessary bollicking to those who lacking the basic nous, competence and hunger to deliver for the club.