Film Borat 2 | Was released on a Friday on Amazon Prime (Bojan is STILL a prat)

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The fertility scene was great and the Giuliani one was weird but I mean.. yeah she's a beautiful 24 year old.. like it's a bit pervy what he did but I'm sure a lot of old divorced men would do the same.

Mostly thought it was a bit too staged, even more than the first, but it had some good stuff.

Adamsk7

I enjoyed it but it was nowhere near as funny as the first. Felt far more forced (probably had to be because so many people know him now) and the jokes were a little too on the nose. Some scenes still had me giggling though.
I thing I missed the most was the second hand embarrassment that Sacha is the king of - where you are literally cringing and laughing at the same time.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Was a lot better than I was expecting to be fair. Don't know how he kept a straight face while giving that bloke a haircut.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Is it just the Prime app on Samsung TVs that’s crap or is it a problem with Prime in general that the films isn’t being advertised? I expected it to be front and centre on the home page considering what a coup it was for them to have this.
Was on the front page of my Amazon Prime on Samsung TV. Problem was, it took me 15-20 min until hearing "President Bush" before realizing I was watching the 1st Borat movie. Was wondering why this felt so familiar :lol:

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Just finished it. Not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't as funny as I remember the first one being nor was the Giuliani scene anywhere near as shocking as I thought it'd be. The most surprising thing for me actually was how nice and friendly the various Americans were (the black babysitter, the old Jewish ladies in the synagogue, and the two rednecks). Then again, don't know how staged those were either. The most memorable moment had to be the father/daughter dance at the debutante ball :lol:

justboy68

The Giuliani thing is somewhat overblown to build publicity for the film, but I really enjoyed it. I liked the approach of showing some light in the darkness such as the babysitter and the Jewish ladies. The singalong at the redneck rally was hilarious and disturbing in equal measure.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Was on the front page of my Amazon Prime on Samsung TV. Problem was, it took me 15-20 min until hearing "President Bush" before realizing I was watching the 1st Borat movie. Was wondering why this felt so familiar :lol:
:lol:
Just finished it. Not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't as funny as I remember the first one being nor was the Giuliani scene anywhere near as shocking as I thought it'd be. The most surprising thing for me actually was how nice and friendly the various Americans were (the black babysitter, the old Jewish ladies in the synagogue, and the two rednecks). Then again, don't know how staged those were either. The most memorable moment had to be the father/daughter dance at the debutante ball :lol:
Agree with this

Dan_F

Balanced out nicely by the people doing Nazi salutes and chanting about gassing people or chopping them up like Saudi’s :lol:

Tiber

I enjoyed it, but it felt more scripted than the first one.

ZupZup

It was definitely a lot more scripted than the first. The babysitter, the rednecks, the Jewish ladies in the Synagogue... they were all actors rather than being duped.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Have you visited the US? Americans are incredibly polite and friendly. It's a shame we only see what the media shows us here, they really are, for the most part, lovely, if a bit (sometimes a lot).. annoying!

Tiber

I'm not sure the Gualini thing was as dramatic as the lefty media made out. I know the character is Borat's 15 year old daughter (played by a much older actress), but she was presented to him as an adult reporter.

If you were 76 and a 25 year old blonde was shamelessly flirting with you for an entire interview you might get a bit hopeful too. She spent half the interview with her hand on his leg and invited him to 'sit in the bedroom' or something similar if I remember correctly. I'm not saying it wasn't creepy, but it was initially reported as a huge scandal.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Trump said Sacha is a creep. He made a point that Sacha couldn’t do his gimmick on him. I recall trump realising pretty early that the Ali G character was a parody and walked out the interview

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Have you visited the US? Americans are incredibly polite and friendly. It's a shame we only see what the media shows us here, they really are, for the most part, lovely, if a bit (sometimes a lot).. annoying!
They really are. I've only been there 3 weeks on vacation but everyone I met was lovely. This was Florida. I got annoyed the kid my age we were staying with asked me what my favourite football team was and I say "Man Utd" and he said "I didn't know Manchester had a football team".

Last edited:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
It's was rather poor overall, and doesn't have the same funny moments that the first one had. Whole thing feels much more forced and staged.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think some of the scenes were abolutely hilarious - the abortion scene, the fertility dance, the chinese virus song, karen vs Fauci at the end were quite funny.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That was pretty shit, managed to watch around 2/3 before turning it off. Apparently young girl having vagina and her period is supposed to be funny. Good intro and that's about it.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
That was pretty shit, managed to watch around 2/3 before turning it off. Apparently young girl having vagina and her period is supposed to be funny. Good intro and that's about it.
Same with me. I found it very uncomfortable to watch. I turned it off two thirds of the way through. And i loved the first one. Maybe the times have changed.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Meh I like the dude who plays him but didn’t enjoy this film.

Smores

Me and the missus really enjoyed it. It's obviously more scripted but they all started to be more of a movie long ago.

There were a few bits that were a bit meh but plenty that were genuinely funny.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'd give the film a 7/10, very good in parts but not brilliant.

If you're not a fan of this style of humour, this film isn't the one to convert you.

GBBQ

It was definitely a lot more scripted than the first. The babysitter, the rednecks, the Jewish ladies in the Synagogue... they were all actors rather than being duped.
Yeah but I guess the point was to show that the politicians were the problem and American people were all generally good regardless of beliefs.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I've not seen the film but why was Gulliani lying down on a bed?

I get that the interview was in a fancy hotel suite but why was he lying down flat on his back?

Berbasbullet

I've not seen the film but why was Gulliani lying down on a bed?

I get that the interview was in a fancy hotel suite but why was he lying down flat on his back?
Tucking his shirt in.

Berbasbullet

I know he was tucking his shirt in, I'm asking why he was lying down on a bed.
Oh, Errm because the lady asked if he wanted to continue the interview in the bedroom? I think, I can’t quite remember.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Oh, Errm because the lady asked if he wanted to continue the interview in the bedroom? I think, I can’t quite remember.
You don't think it's super strange to have someone like Gulliani lay down on a bed for this sort of interview?

Maybe it's not, maybe there's loads of interview where old as feck politicians conduct interviews whilst lying down. Could be a power move I guess.

Berbasbullet

You don't think it's super strange to have someone like Gulliani lay down on a bed for this sort of interview?

Maybe it's not, maybe there's loads of interview where old as feck politicians conduct interviews whilst lying down. Could be a power move I guess.
Course I do! He’s a creep and clearly a security risk.

Tony Babangida

Funny in parts, ending especially. Watched the first one in the cinema and laughed all way through. Think the joke just got a bit old.

Drifter

American
Some funny moments. But felt scripted in parts, the babysitter and those trump supporting hillbillies. Borat is too well known now to pull any surprises.

King Eric 7

Was everyone at the dance scene, an actor.

All I need to know.
It seemed that way to me.

I didn't like that scene and a couple of others as it was just too cringy for me, but overall it was good as it was pretty hilarious in some parts.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was everyone at the dance scene, an actor.

All I need to know.
Its all real (or almost). Just they draw them in with some fake story. The dance scene was a paid event where they knew it was being filmed but thought it was just for a classical type of father/daughter ball.

Some scenes they tell them some of whats going on but doubt they ever say the exact thing. Like the synagogue thing apparently they told them about it, but then the lady died shortly after and the family is claiming she didn't know so is filing a lawsuit.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Its all real (or almost). Just they draw them in with some fake story. The dance scene was a paid event where they knew it was being filmed but thought it was just for a classical type of father/daughter ball.

Some scenes they tell them some of whats going on but doubt they ever say the exact thing. Like the synagogue thing apparently they told them about it, but then the lady died shortly after and the family is claiming she didn't know so is filing a lawsuit.
This is pretty much what I thought too. If everyone is an actor, they’re among the best I’ve seen.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I doubt it is staged. I think as well they pull loads of pranks on people and are caught out a lot of the time. Only the ones that hit are shown in the finished film.

Personally i thought it was too uncomfortable to watch. Some funny parts.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I doubt it is staged. I think as well they pull loads of pranks on people and are caught out a lot of the time. Only the ones that hit are shown in the finished film.

Personally i thought it was too uncomfortable to watch. Some funny parts.
Yeah. Like the haircut scene. How many people must it have failed on until the one guy just took it??