Boring, boring Man Utd!

Trizy

Just looking at the Premier League table and something stood out to me, goals scored. The media and opposition fans would have you believe United are the worst attacking club of all time and Liverpool, the best. City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs all play beautiful attacking football whilst we park the bus.

Goals scored currently:
City - 56
Liverpool - 49
Spurs - 46
Arsenal - 46
United - 43
Chelsea - 38

Sure we can't defend for shit but we're not as bad as the media makes out. You could argue 12 of those goals came in the last 4 league games against weaker opponents but all those teams listed played those ''weaker'' teams too. It's the half way point.

With our new found attacking style, I'm confident we'll outscore Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs. Maybe even Liverpool if they bottle it (fingers crossed). We'll finish top 4 by 2 points.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
weird timing for this thread.
12 of those goals came in the last four games. these four games were under a new manager, who has made us play lot more attacking football. No one has called us boring boring under Ole.
The boring boring comments were for our games before Ole.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
We were called boring before ole arrived and the goals scored was certainly different then.
I haven’t seen any boring boring Man Utd comments since ole arrived

ArjenIsM3

You're wrong. The media and opposition fans used to say this and they were right. If you were to look at the stats pre-Solskjaer they'd be right. And if you looked at the way we played back then, they'd be right. I haven't heard anyone saying anything of the sort recently. At the moment all you hear is "Yeah, but it was only.." and "Spurs will be the first real test".

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The goals scored weren't at all bad under Mourinho this season either. Sure we weren't up there with City but we certainly weren't far behind Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
12 of those goals came in the last four games. these four games were under a new manager, who has made us play lot more attacking football. No one has called us boring boring under Ole.
Actually we scored 14 in the last 4 games.

So we had 29 goals in the previous 17 games. That’s 1.7 goals a game and on pace for 65 goals for season. We scored 68 last season while City had 106, Spurs had 78 and Liverpool had 84. Arsenal scored 74 last year, only Chelsea were worse in top 6 at 62.

Trizy

The goals scored weren't at all bad under Mourinho this season either. Sure we weren't up there with City but we certainly weren't far behind Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea
As an United fan I was actually surprised by the goals scored. Take the 12 goals away and put Jose in charge for those fixtures and were probably as good as Chelseas new famed Sarriball.

Trizy

We were called boring before ole arrived and the goals scored was certainly different then.
I haven’t seen any boring boring Man Utd comments since ole arrived
You're wrong. The media and opposition fans used to say this and they were right. If you were to look at the stats pre-Solskjaer they'd be right. And if you looked at the way we played back then, they'd be right. I haven't heard anyone saying anything of the sort recently. At the moment all you hear is "Yeah, but it was only.." and "Spurs will be the first real test".
Of course Ole is a blessing but for a team who was apparently slated for not attacking, sacking a manager and getting a lot of shit results were not far off the pack. And some of those in the pack are bigged but by the media for their attacking display.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
You could argue 12 of those goals came in the last 4 league games against weaker opponents but all those teams listed played those ''weaker'' teams too.
True, but you can argue that those 12 have come under a new manager who actually has us attacking so really you need to take the last 4 games out of it for all teams considering our change in manager and tactics. If Mourinho was still in charge we would have scored 3 or 4 instead of 12, then it'd be more accurate.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
As an United fan I was actually surprised by the goals scored. Take the 12 goals away and put Jose in charge for those fixtures and were probably as good as Chelseas new famed Sarriball.
Last season we scored 3 goals vs Huddersfield (home), Bournemouth (home), Newcastle (away).

Cardiff wasn't in PL, they were in 16th place when we played them. Last season Huddersfield finished in 16th position, and we lost 2-1 away.
Or
Cardiff finished second in championship, equalivalent fixture is Brighton where we lost 1-0.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Under Jose this season we were boring as feck. We all knew it so we can hardly blame the media and oppos for pointing it out too.

Our last game wasn't great but even teams renowned for fast exciting football have those matches where they struggle or look to conserve energy. I'm confident we won't be as boring as we were under Jose even if Ole doesn't get us back in the top four, which counts for a quite a lot.

Ekeke

I cant say I've personally seen any headlines about how we're boring under Ole. We the fans thought we were boring as shit under Mourinho

GBBQ

Yeah but Mou would have only reached parity due to Chelsea's goals per game in the EPL dropping off the cliff post Everton in November. Average was 2.5 goals in 13 games before but has been 1.1 goals per game (over 10 games) since.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The notion that entertainment depends solely, even majorly on goals scored needs to end. I think it is wrong.

LoveFootball

We were boring under Mourinho, boring as feck, a complete shamble. But anyone is untitled to his opinion; I remember reading on here someone saying we were entertaining and some others claiming that they don't enjoy when their team score many goals in a game, that a 1-0 win was more entertaining than 5-0.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
This.
I cant say I've personally seen any headlines about how we're boring under Ole. We the fans thought we were boring as shit under Mourinho
This.
The notion that entertainment depends solely, even majorly on goals scored needs to end. I think it is wrong.
And this.