Boris Johnson vs Donald Trump

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The CE equivalent of the Pereira vs Lingard thread.

Trump is obviously more dangerous for the world but which one is the worse leader for their respective countries? Which one is handling the corona situation the better? Which one would you trust with your life if you had to choose one?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Trump is obviously more dangerous for the world but which one is the worse leader for their respective countries? Which one is handling the corona situation the better? Which one would you trust with your life if you had to choose one?
I'd rather face the pack of dogs with bees in their mouth on my own.

I think this government has shows incredible leadership over the past few weeks.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m no fan of Johnson but I think he’s beginning to understand the gravity of the situation. Trump on the other hand is putting more effort into managing the PR of the situation than the situation itself.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Boris is incompetent, Trump is a genuine liar so not fully sure. But I would hate for anyone in my government to be acting like this in a time if crisis.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Boris is a weak human, Trump doesn't know what the word means.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Trump can always be relied on to remind you that it could be much, much worse:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
No one ruins a country better than Trump.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
clearly not.

there’s not a single thing that the government does that some people will winge about.
I mean today's presser is in direct contrast to everything they said last week, and they're doing all the things now that they said wouldn't make a difference all of 7 days ago.

TheGame

Boris seems to be listening to the professionals whereas Trump thinks he can cure it himself. Boris also lets the professionals answer questions whereas Trump stupidly tries to answer them himself.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Don't like Boris but he's clearly has more to him than Trump.

Irwin99

The actual clarity of the message and the strategy has been horrendous by a lot of governments including the UK but Trump is dangerous on another level. He's been 'calling out' the media for years with his aggressive rhetoric so that when actual disaster hits people just think it's media bollocks and the very thing Trump has been fighting against. Turns out that you should listen to the experts.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Say that in two weeks when the UK is exactly like Italy because of their idiocy.

Anyway Boris is a prick but Trump is a whole other level. He is a danger to society.
Can someone educate me on the Italy lag please? Probably not the best thread but I'm curious in one post - why will be be exactly like Italy in 2 weeks? If we are lagging behind them by 2 weeks (Which people have been saying for a while now) wouldn't the situation today be far, far worse? Because 2 weeks ago Italy was still alot worse than how we are today.

Abizzz

Trump. No question about it. He'd forever tell the story of how he saved some weirdo's life too, hence making me famous. He'd save someone's life just for the good headline (as long as sending his aid to rescue me counts).

Boris would just watch me die without a care in the world.

Can someone educate me on the Italy lag please? Probably not the best thread but I'm curious in one post - why will be be exactly like Italy in 2 weeks? If we are lagging behind them by 2 weeks (Which people have been saying for a while now) wouldn't the situation today be far, far worse? Because 2 weeks ago Italy was still alot worse than how we are today.
No one can, because these are the people who will just be negative and critical about everything.

people will die, and this is an unprecedented situation - and the government has reaction of of a magnitude no one could have imagined.

I hope that these people who are wining and moaning are not the same ones who are ignoring the advise offered, the ones who will be clambering for every handout when they don’t need it or are the ones stockpiling everything.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
2 weeks ago Italy only had 30 more deaths than the UK.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Well Boris is being praised now for doing something he should've done a week ago so he's obviously brilliant.

I mean today's presser is in direct contrast to everything they said last week, and they're doing all the things now that they said wouldn't make a difference all of 7 days ago.
It is not. it was obvious this was coming. That was the appropriate action at that time.

They have said that they will take appropriate action when required. The situation is different from 7 days ago. We all need to be flexible and work with the current information and intelligence that we have. No one, no government can exactly map out what is going to happen, and couldn’t have done that at the start.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Boris has demonstrated at some points in his life actual intellect and ability to grasp complex subjects.

Trump can barely grasp a regular sized pen.

Wow, yeah just checked those figures. You're right that's mad.
And Italy has now had more deaths than China, and their populations are about 65m and 1.4bn.

there will clearly be a lot of liaison and sharing of information, but each country’s situation is different, and not an indicator of what will happen here.

Massive Spanner

And Italy has now had more deaths than China, and their populations are about 65m and 1.4bn.

there will clearly be a lot of liaison and sharing of information, but each country’s situation is different, and not an indicator of what will happen here.
China is a massive country and the outbreak was largely in one area of a lesser population than Italy. They also took far more stringent lockdown measures than any western democracy will reasonably be able to, UK included.

Each countries situation really isn't that different. Coronavirus cases and deaths increase exponentially unless lockdowns, social distancing etc are put into place and given the UKs delay on them it's reasonable to expect you to go the same way as Italy if not worse.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The Uk being an island is at an advantage in ways. Like Ireland. B Johnsons handling of this is terrible though. At least he is changing his mind now but it may be too late.

Hopefully Ireland locks down the country soon and the UK follows suit.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It is not. it was obvious this was coming. That was the appropriate action at that time.

They have said that they will take appropriate action when required. The situation is different from 7 days ago. We all need to be flexible and work with the current information and intelligence that we have. No one, no government can exactly map out what is going to happen, and couldn’t have done that at the start.
No way of knowing if what you're saying is true, nor the other way.

China is a massive country and the outbreak was largely in one area of a lesser population than Italy. They also took far more stringent lockdown measures than any western democracy will reasonably be able to, UK included.

Each countries situation really isn't that different. Coronavirus cases and deaths increase exponentially unless lockdowns, social distancing etc are put into place and given the UKs delay on them it's reasonable to expect you to go the same way as Italy if not worse.
You’ve just outlines some of the reasons why each country is different. Then add in the different healthcare provisions, different demographics and a million other variables, it’s clear that countries will have different approaches.

Massive Spanner

You’ve just outlines some of the reasons why each country is different. Then add in the different healthcare provisions, different demographics and a million other variables, it’s clear that countries will have different approaches.
No my point was that China dealt with it far better than the UK are now. At your current trajectory you are literally mimicking Italy.

Fener1907

I’m no fan of Johnson but I think he’s beginning to understand the gravity of the situation. Trump on the other hand is putting more effort into managing the PR of the situation than the situation itself.
Exactly this.

Out of all of the negatives that this pandemic has produced, that fat orange turd not getting it is another to add to the list.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Trump is far far worse.

kidbob

Both the exact same in my opinion as are all other politicians as they are are no longer in control. I believe this documentary (I'm open to be corrected, please god correct me).