Borna Sosa

Mwooyo

Calvin ramsay is a better cheaper option. He crosses better, works harder and is younger. We would rather gamble on him rather than spend on Bourna Sosa

Step 1. Sign Sosa
Step 2. Sign Malo Gusto
Step 3. Sign a big boy striker like Darwin/Ekitike/Kalajdzic/Scamacca/Sesko
Step 4. Have our own version of Liverpool's cross and inshallah

SAFMUTD

Few sources from Croatia, Germany and England reported today about our interest in Borna Sosa.

Wrote about him in a hidden gem thread already, one of the most creative left-back in the top 5 European leagues. Good age, surely better than Telles and attainable for a low price as Stuttgart is facing a relegation battle. Germany tried to lure him to play last Euro for their national team and that didn't go well with Croatia fans.

Despite public hate, he makes his way into the Croatia team and would probably be a starter at World Cup. Get one more assist again Bayern this weekend.

Fun fact: he would be the first Croatian to ever play for the club. Some reports also linked him with Barcelona recently.

Fbref Report

Never heard of him, looking at those stats I understand why.

Reyoji-Utd

Think a lot of our fans are too much contradictory. On one hand we says that we need to get away from UTD DNA but then we always want players that compatible with the UTD of old under SAF.

FB and CB nowadays are not sorely rate base on their defendinng prowes. And if base on ETH play style he doesnt emphasise on much defending compare to other criteria such as ballplaying, passing, creative in the final third...etc. so we need to stop looking at just stats and using it to beat the players. Do we want AWB as FB or we want cancelo.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A few crosses aside that clip is underwhelming. That Tyler Marcell chap looked more impressive from the clips. He was more about tenacity, dribbling and engine although maybe we are signing a big Cf and hence are looking at a crosser. But it needs to be someone with quality on the ball and the ability to make driving runs not just a cross spammer with no actual ability like Telles.

lenny_1248

Few sources from Croatia, Germany and England reported today about our interest in Borna Sosa.

Wrote about him in a hidden gem thread already, one of the most creative left-back in the top 5 European leagues. Good age, surely better than Telles and attainable for a low price as Stuttgart is facing a relegation battle. Germany tried to lure him to play last Euro for their national team and that didn't go well with Croatia fans.

Despite public hate, he makes his way into the Croatia team and would probably be a starter at World Cup. Get one more assist again Bayern this weekend.

Fun fact: he would be the first Croatian to ever play for the club. Some reports also linked him with Barcelona recently.

Fbref Report

Fake. There is not anything on Kicker.

Tavern in the town

Does anyone know if he’s a full back or a wing back? It seems he’s played a lot of games as a wing back which is worrying, there are quite a few top wing backs who look average as hell at full back ([Irrelevant point], Doherty, even Hakimi had a bit of an adjustment period after moving to a back 4.)

SparkedIntoLife

He's a very exciting player. Amazing delivery. Has to improve defensively but it'd be a smart signing at the rumoured price. Croatia have just had a golden generation of CMs and now they're seemingly developing a superb pool of defenders - Sosa, Gvardiol, Vuskovic, Sutalo (Josip not Bosko) etc. Not a defender but I love Lovre Majer. He isn't really what we need this year but he's such a fun player to watch. Croatia usually produce very talented and, notably, hard working players.

marktan

25m on a LB? Is that really where we should be prioritising our money? It's probably one of the last positions in the team I'd make signings for.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Better than Telles, not better than Shaw. He is good in attack due to pretty good technique but he is still typical fb who hugs the line. In defence he does his job but nothing special.
Meh...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
25m on a LB? Is that really where we should be prioritising our money? It's probably one of the last positions in the team I'd make signings for.
Probably Telles leaving so makes sense to get someone cheap-ish (or for a minor price difference between the 2). Hopefully he's actually good....

Scholsey2004

Probably Telles leaving so makes sense to get someone cheap-ish (or for a minor price difference between the 2). Hopefully he's actually good....
8 assists in the Bundesliga. Very good crosser. Plays as a wing back though and his tackling stats are poor. We'd need to play 3 CB's.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
*after 15 mins in our back 4*

“I can’t feel my legs, Keyser”

Telsim

First time I hear about him. Watching clips and stats and he is hardly what I call impressive. And a bit too expensive. 20M is more acceptable.

But hey, if it's Ten Hag who wants him...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
First time I hear about him. Watching clips and stats and he is hardly what I call impressive. And a bit too expensive. 20M is more acceptable.

But hey, if it's Ten Hag who wants him...
Tyrell Malacia looked better from the clips.

Gordon S

Strange to see this link. I don`t think LB should be among the top 5-6 positions we need to upgrade on.

Lux Thunder

They were several posters questioning how would he work in back 4. From what I have watched, he played games for Croatia in back 4 and Stuttgart also switched not a while ago to back 4 in a few games and he looked comfortable with that and he was in most of those games one of the best performers on the pitch.

To conclude:
Do we have more urgent positions to address and relocate our funds? Yes, we do.
Does he represent good value in the market? Yes, he does.
Should he be our target if ETH is looking for an attacking left full back? Yes, he should be.