Borthwick-Jackson recalled by United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

It's genuinely mind-boggling that some people somehow actually think that he's being recalled because we want to play him in the first team, especially after the same thing happened to Hamilton last week, who was then promptly loaned out to another team.
I’m not happy with where the club is right now but some are just utterly desperate to stick the boot in anywhere they can. It’s an embarrassment to the forum and our supporters.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How many loans moves have actually done well for one of players in recent years? (Or ever) Im probably missing an obvious one but still.
Axel Tuanzebe, Dean Henderson, Ethan Hamilton, probably more but that’s just off the top of my head.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I don't know why people are relating this to Young. He wasn't playing there and hence is recalled. He will most likely go on loan elsewhere or play for U23s.

Nick7

Axel Tuanzebe, Dean Henderson, Ethan Hamilton, probably more but that’s just off the top of my head.
till a couple of years back we generally didn’t seem to loan players out unless they’re going to be late bloomers (Lingard) or we don’t think they’re good enough for the first team (others).

Mainoldo

Well Rojo is injured and Dalot is just coming back from an injury. How many fullbacks do we really need? We have Dalot, Shaw, AWB, Young, Williams right now, with Rojo and even Fosu-Mensah due back within a few weeks. CBJ hasn't been brought back as some desperate emergency cover.
Rojo when fit never plays. I’m convinced Dalot is on work experience. He’s only ever here around half term. But regardless.. Ole has a bad habit of not using squad rotation.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I know it’s Gallows Humour but it really is depressing.

It’s like every bit of news is a retrograde step

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's probably more surprised than us.

Champagne Football

No one has suggested we buy a defender to cover Maguire's injury. Also CBJ is a full back not a centre back.
Judging by the mass suicide on here that he's returning, then absolutely fans are upset we're not splashing the cash. And yes he plays center back also which is why he's being recalled.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
How embarrassing.

do you lot actually think we’re recalling him to play? We do this every January. we recall players that aren’t playing on loan and send them elsewhere or back to the u23s.

If that is the case then Just sell him off. Even if it's a free, it's got to better than paying wages to somebody never at the club.

Hes never going to play in the first team ever again according to people on here so just get rid instead of holding onto and having to pay wages to yet more deadwood.

Paxi

Like a new signing, no value in the market, he will replace Ash in the squad.
That's me like going to a dump and replacing my 720p tv with one of them box TV sets people used in early 00's. You cannot call it a new signing when it's completely inferior to what we have. Being uber positive about stuff like this is just weird, whilst you see our rivals going after Chillwell

Nick7

If that is the case then Just sell him off. Even if it's a free, it's got to better than paying wages to somebody never at the club.

Hes never going to play in the first team ever again according to people on here so just get rid instead of holding onto and having to pay wages to yet more deadwood.
He has 6 months left on his contract. We will probably loan him out so he can get a contract in the summer. Why would anyone buy him when he’s on a free in 6 months?

Do you even think before you fly into a rage?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

We already offered him on a free last summer and no one wants him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We’re in free fall man. It’s mental.

I know people are happy to laugh at the doom mongers, but that’s CBJ and Hamilton (whoever he is) recalled when the club. Add these to the briefings about how there’s nobody of ‘the level we want’ in January and it’s extremely likely these players are going to fill up the holes in the squad instead of absolutely mandatory signings.

Or actually even worse, they go on loan again and we sign nobody!
What a crock of crap.

Ole (probably): "hes got the united DNA, he knows the club inside and out, hes a talented young player and fits my visions of Brexit united, I've no doubts Borthy will be raring to go."

Might aswell get fecking paddy McNair back too.
These posts are idiots.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That's me like going to a dump and replacing my 720p tv with one of them box TV sets people used in early 00's. You cannot call it a new signing when it's completely inferior to what we have. Being uber positive about stuff like this is just weird, whilst you see our rivals going after Chillwell
TBF he’s just being recalled as he’s on contract. He’ll be sold on. The reaction on here is hysterical but sums up the mood of fans at present

b82REZ

Judging by the mass suicide on here that he's returning, then absolutely fans are upset we're not splashing the cash. And yes he plays center back also which is why he's being recalled.
No he doesn't. If you going make ridiculous claims at least make sure you know what you're talking about.

Paxi

TBF he’s just being recalled as he’s on contract. He’ll be sold on. The reaction on here is hysterical but sums up the mood of fans at present
Calling him like a new signing is a reaction I'd call misplaced as well. If he's coming here to get sold again, then fine. But we arguably need a left back and he is a left and people will put two and two together.

Santos J

We’re in free fall man. It’s mental.

I know people are happy to laugh at the doom mongers, but that’s CBJ and Hamilton (whoever he is) recalled when the club. Add these to the briefings about how there’s nobody of ‘the level we want’ in January and it’s extremely likely these players are going to fill up the holes in the squad instead of absolutely mandatory signings.

Or actually even worse, they go on loan again and we sign nobody!
Hamilton's already gone back out on loan but aye sure.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He has 6 months left on his contract. We will probably loan him out so he can get a contract in the summer. Why would anyone buy him when he’s on a free in 6 months?

Do you even think before you fly into a rage?
I'm not raging and I literally said to get rid of him on a free. Theres No point in waiting untill his contract expires and paying him for nothing.

DoomSlayer

I was obviously being sarcastic, maybe should have put white text. :lol:

Bwuk

I wonder where it went wrong for him. He looked a good player when he was given a chance.

Nick7

I'm not raging and I literally said to get rid of him on a free. Theres No point in waiting untill his contract expires and paying him for nothing.
We aren’t just going to dump a kid. Regardless of how you feel about how the club is run we try very hard to give our youth graduates a path to a career and that’s commendable.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
No he doesn't. If you going make ridiculous claims at least make sure you know what you're talking about.
Yes he does and has always played CB also. It was his original position but Axel and Roshaun were just miles better.

Its obviously not why he's been recalled though.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
How does this mean it's 'getting funnier'? He's recalled as he's not been playing, he'll probably go elsewhere.
He hasn't been playing because he's not good enough for Tranmere Rovers?
if he isn't good enough for Tranmere Rovers, he isn't good enough for us.
With this in mind, I hope we don't plan to start using him in our games.

TRUERED89

Rafael I think?

Edit: just seen it was Blackett
Yep, Rafa gave the pen away though which started their comeback to 5-3.. Do you remember the line-up on paper how good it looked ? RVP, Rooney, Falcao, Di Maria, Herrera, Mata etc.. What a load of tosh it turned out to be.

Nick7

Did you read the end of my post in your furore?

I’ll be happily proven wrong if we sign some desperately needed depth within the next 21 days. Reported for name-calling, btw.
We do this every January Jesus Christ. We bring back players who aren’t playing or who we think would be better suited elsewhere. CBJ and Hamilton are not first team players, they aren’t depth, they’re youngsters, one of which we tried to get another club last summer but no one wanted him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Did you read the end of my post in your furore?

I’ll be happily proven wrong if we sign some desperately needed depth within the next 21 days. Reported for name-calling, btw.
Diddums. I said the post not the poster.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We do this every January Jesus Christ. We bring back players who aren’t playing or who we think would be better suited elsewhere. CBJ and Hamilton are not first team players, they aren’t depth, they’re youngsters, one of which we tried to get another club last summer but no one wanted him.
Every January gone we aren’t as depleted with injuries (and in general a smaller squad size) and players potentially leaving (in said returning loanees position). This Ashley Young stuff has blown up overnight. It’s not out of the realms of possibility that CBJ is insurance if he goes. at which point is our anger justified?

Heinzesight

I’ll always love that ‘couldn’t give a feck’ look on his face. Two footed tackle to his shin - couldn’t give a feck face. Conceded a pen - couldn’t give a feck face. Cat just died, you know the drill. Very consistent imo.

Tel074

This is beyond belief. A lad who couldn't get a game at Tranmere is now back at United .
We are truly screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.