Television Bosch Tv Series

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I love this show but I was a bit annoyed with the whole "Korea Town Killer" side story in season 3, it felt like a half-arsed after thought to fill some time and then was left completely unresolved at the end of the season.

Having the stuff with his mother as an overarching story line that continues between seasons is fine that makes sense but the KTK story wasn't big enough to not get wrapped up within the single season imo.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
...(hope it's ok to resurrect this thread / not sure if I should start a new one?)

The wife and I have recently started watching Bosch - it's great!

It's a gritty crime show featuring a grizzly homicide detective in Hollywood (played by Titus Welliver). Season 1 and 2 were great. We're midway through Season 3.

I like that there's hardly any filler, and it's relatively fast paced. Episodes are only ~45-49 mins, so it's not a drag.

I'd recommend if you've exhausted most of the usual shows on Netflix, Prime etc.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
...(hope it's ok to resurrect this thread / not sure if I should start a new one?)

The wife and I have recently started watching Bosch - it's great!

It's a gritty crime show featuring a grizzly homicide detective in Hollywood (played by Titus Welliver. Season 1 and 2 were great. We're midway through Season 3.

I like that there's hardly any filler, and it's relatively fast paced. Episodes are only ~45-49 mins, so it's not a drag.

I'd recommend if you've exhausted most of the usual shows on Netflix, Prime etc.
Think it's safe to say that anyone reading this thread is already pretty clued in on the premise mate :)

But yeah it's a great show.

The Corinthian

Finally finished the series this evening.

What an excellent show, such gripping storytelling.

Can't wait for season 7.

The Corinthian

I'm not sure what the spin off would entail per se, but it does sound promising.

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think it is very good but that they have done too many seasons. Bosch then seems to solve all cold cases from 30 years ago, that no one else could solve.

The Corinthian

I think it is very good but that they have done too many seasons. Bosch then seems to solve all cold cases from 30 years ago, that no one else could solve.
I think each season covers 2-3 books at a time, so that's why he's solving cold cases at the same time.

Also, he's only solved one 30+ year cold case (his own mums). The other cold cases were the main season 1 storyline (the remains in the hill), and a 10 year old case for Elizabeth Clayton.

It’s a good series. Not groundbreaking or one of the very best shows, but far better than a lot of crap out there these days.

the spin off will be interesting. It’s strange to have a spin off with the main character, so looking forward to how it might be different.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Never heard of it which doesn't sound promising.
it's owned by Amazon. I'm pretty sure it's a "spin-off" in name only and will essentially just be a continuation of the show, but Amazon want to move it from Prime to Imdb TV to get more original content on it. At least that's what people seem to be saying. Would make sense.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Why dont they just keep everything on amazon prime video?
Not a clue. Maybe it’s part of a plan to move everything over and connect imdb with streaming? Everyone goes to IMDb to source movies, actors, etc etc. Maybe they want all that traffic to have instant access to stream the content rather just be link to prime.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not a clue. Maybe it’s part of a plan to move everything over and connect imdb with streaming? Everyone goes to IMDb to source movies, actors, etc etc. Maybe they want all that traffic to have instant access to stream the content rather just be link to prime.
I had to google it. It is free (still only in the US) but has ads, so maybe they are trying to cover their bases. Have a paid subscription service without ads and then a free one with ads.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
it's owned by Amazon. I'm pretty sure it's a "spin-off" in name only and will essentially just be a continuation of the show, but Amazon want to move it from Prime to Imdb TV to get more original content on it. At least that's what people seem to be saying. Would make sense.
Does make sense, but IMDb TV isn't available outside of the states, so what about the rest of us who want our Bosch fix?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It’s been a bit of a struggle for me through the first four seasons of this show & season five seems quite odd through the first episode, even weirder than season four.

How is season five? Worth persevering?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Ah excellent, I saw Titus Welliver was on Seth Myers the other night so figured it must be close.

The Corinthian

Finally got round to watching Bosch. Sad it was only 8 episodes as the last two episodes felt a little rushed. Still an excellent show though. Really nice to see all the other characters from the other seasons make an appearance.

Will there be a spin off with Bosch as a PI? Or is his story done?

Sad that it’s all over, will need to find another series to get stuck into soon.