Bottom 3 for International Break

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It’s looking like we have a dogfight on our hands. Fixtures below prior to the break

Liverpool(H) L
Southampton (A) W
Leicester (A) D
Arsenal (H) D
Palace (A) D
Leeds (H) W

that’s 10 points I’m giving us for the next 6 games which will leave us in the bottom 3.
I’ve suggested a top 8 finish which I may need to retract
I think you are a little optimistic.
I would go for a draw against Soton and a defeat against Arsenal at home. The only winnable game is against Leeds at home but so was the Brighton one.

Arthur Pewty

Supports
Manchester City
As bleak as it looks and feels right now, it’s not as irreparable as you might think. If we resolve the central midfield with 2 solid CMs, we will be fine.
Interesting use of the word "fine".

FerociousCorgis

Assuming we dont get a win from liverpool, that Soton game will be absolutely must win. Just dont see a way in which we dont get a result in that scenario. Shit assuming im still in the last man standing at that point i might even go with united to put my money where my mouth is haha

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I hate to have to ask the hard question, but looking at the situation, can a loss be a win?

lex talionis

Every upcoming opponent looks unbeatable right now but we will find our way and scrape our way into the top ten, which is the very least Erik ten Hag should be able to manage for us this season.

Any talk of relegation is fun banter, but in all seriousness we will not be relegated this season.

Dancal

Supports
Footy
I think so too. That would put us at 4 points from 5 games and it's not even worst case scenario :nervous:
Ain't beating Leicester based on the story so far.

DeGea’sFeet

It’s looking like we have a dogfight on our hands. Fixtures below prior to the break

Liverpool(H) L
Southampton (A) W
Leicester (A) D
Arsenal (H) D
Palace (A) D
Leeds (H) W

that’s 10 points I’m giving us for the next 6 games which will leave us in the bottom 3.
I’ve suggested a top 8 finish which I may need to retract
Before I didn’t, but don’t know why I’ve got a sneaky feeling we might get something Vs Liverpool. I just think it will force the players to step up, the manager to be a bit pragmatic

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Only points behind Liverpool after 2 games. Not the worst start ever is it.

BadgerKomodo3

I personally feel more confident going into the Liverpool game after last night, but they’re still miles better than us.

I can see our first win coming against Leeds.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
At worst we'll be 6th with a game in hand. I'm deeply shocked that the caf's fortune tellers have got it wrong once more.

wangyu

At worst we'll be 6th with a game in hand. I'm deeply shocked that the caf's fortune tellers have got it wrong once more.
The apocalypse is always near! But realistically we could have lost all games as well, the Southampton and Leicester games could have gone either way. Maybe even the pool game as they did have more attacking intent and shots on goal than we did. Arsenal was clearly the better side.

But often team spirit and a never say die attitude is enough and hopefully we continue and grow in this aspect!

coolredwine

lameredboots
The apocalypse is always near! But realistically we could have lost all games as well, the Southampton and Leicester games could have gone either way. Maybe even the pool game as they did have more attacking intent and shots on goal than we did.
The games might have been nervy but either team didn't really trouble us. DDG hardly had uncomfortable moments in any game.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The apocalypse is always near! But realistically we could have lost all games as well, the Southampton and Leicester games could have gone either way. Maybe even the pool game as they did have more attacking intent and shots on goal than we did. Arsenal was clearly the better side.

But often team spirit and a never say die attitude is enough and hopefully we continue and grow in this aspect!
Bruno doesn't miss the sitter vs Brighton at 0-0 we win that. DDG doesn't drop a clanger at Brentford at 0-0 we don't have that shitshow of a first half. Ifs and buts are ultimately pointless.

Olecurls99

I thought the same as you re-Brentford match. I backed Brentford on handicaps at -1 @ 8/1, -2 @ 25/1 & -3 @ 110/1.
I have backed us for relegation at 1000/1 pre-season & 500/1 after 1st match. We are now best priced 25/1.
I dont want to collect on these bets, but they were ridiculous odds.

Looking at the whole season, unless things improve dramatically it seems a long shot that we will get to 40pts.
We've already dropped 6pts compared to last season in the first 2 games.

The club are sleepwalking towards relegation & I dont think there is anybody in the building that has a scooby how to stop it happening.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Feck off :lol:

We were never in any danger in the Leicester or Soton games.
Arsenal were not clearly the better side, they held more of the ball without threatening.

Some people need to realise that we are actually becoming a decent robust, hard to beat team again.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Feck off :lol:

We were never in any danger in the Leicester or Soton games.
Arsenal were not clearly the better side, they held more of the ball without threatening.

Some people need to realise that we are actually becoming a decent robust, hard to beat team again.
Their fans have been rationalising the defeat by clinging on to the fact that they 'dominated' United. We were better than them where it mattered.

TheReligion

Abusive

Someone who watched the games solely on MOTD would have a better insight than this.

themanguydude

Their fans have been rationalising the defeat by clinging on to the fact that they 'dominated' United. We were better than them where it mattered.
If possession stats is the be all end all, we too would've "dominated' Brentford with 67% possession despite getting hammered 4-0.

GazTheLegend

We battered them until we scored. Hit the post, tons of possession, shots etc. Then we scored and they took over the game to be fair to them, hit them on the break twice and that was it. But to ignore that we battered them (and Liverpool) for a solid 30 minutes is unfair to how good we looked in those games.

It's nice to start strong at Old Trafford. Really we have been finishing strong too when we have been losing (we should really have scored against Brighton as @Samid says and probably should have equalised against Sociedad too in my opinion.) which is a sign that the team can get to another level when needed.

But our consistency isn't there over a match yet.

wangyu

Look if you’re hanging by a thread like utd have been doing in basically all matches you win some, you lose some but being impressed by it all? Sorry I am not that positive…
That said and I said it before, defensively we look like a team and that should get us over the line in a lot of games.

lysglimt

Scout
And we will easily have had the toughest fixture list after 7 games - we will have met 4 of the best 6 times we could have met - in Brighton, Liverpool, Arsenal and City.

davidmichael

And we will easily have had the toughest fixture list after 7 games - we will have met 4 of the best 6 times we could have met - in Brighton, Liverpool, Arsenal and City.
Exactly this, I won’t lie after the first couple of games I was really worried about our season but then four wins on the spin coupled up with far better mentality and performance has given me a lot of encouragement especially having played the teams we have and up next.

Tyrion

If we lose two games in a row, the caf insists we'll be relegated. If we win 4 in a row, we'll challenge for the title.

phelans shorts

To be fair to the OP, they’re only 3 points out on what we did manage from the run to the international break.

Admittedly out of the 6 games they had us getting 9 points from, we got 12 with 2 games postponed, but still. The end result isn’t far off.

Blood Mage

Despite how solid we've been since I'm still not over that Brentford mauling, what a horror show. I genuinely was starting to think we could be in a relegation scrap.