Boubacar Kamara | Signs for Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
The clue is in the thread title :eek:
If we have secured him then this would be a serious departure from previous summers whereby we Ooh and Umm until the player is gone. But I've also heard that he's signed for Athletico Madrid, sooo

Bondi77

If we have secured him then this would be a serious departure from previous summers whereby we Ooh and Umm until the player is gone. But I've also heard that he's signed for Athletico Madrid, sooo
None of us really know mate....just a guessing game really
The ones that do know would be really close to the clubs and they won't be flapping their jaws to the vultures like Fabricatio and numb nuts Goldbridge otherwise they would be gone.

Scholsey2004

You give the club too much credit
Hardly we're a mess. One of the reasons we're such a, mess is the unwillingness to allow players to leave who are of limited usefulness, which makes me think a contingency is in place in this instance.

croadyman

Personally think should get a starter DM like Phillips/Tchouameni, a CM to keep things ticking over and this guy as well because he is a free agent in the summer so won't involve any kind of transfer fee

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Personally think should get a starter DM like Phillips/Tchouameni, a CM to keep things ticking over and this guy as well because he is a free agent in the summer so won't involve any kind of transfer fee
We should also get Garner in and sell McTominay

James Peril

If McTominay played down in the Championship, he would «impress» even more than Garner is currently doing. The difference in level is huge, I believe people are a bit too hopeful if they think Garner is now not only good enough for the PL, but also for a team trying to win the league. Well, we’re never winning the league next year but you know what I mean.

Cassidy

If McTominay played down in the Championship, he would «impress» even more than Garner is currently doing. The difference in level is huge, I believe people are a bit too hopeful if they think Garner is now not only good enough for the PL, but also for a team trying to win the league. Well, we’re never winning the league next year but you know what I mean.
I don’t agree with you because Garner is impressing mainly due to his ability on the ball and positioning which is everything which McTominay (Mr hide away from the ball and vacate your position) is lacking in

Varun1

You're in every thread spreading your negativity.
Mct may not be starter material for a team that aims to be in the top 4 but he's good enough to be on the bench at this stage.

Cassidy

You're in every thread spreading your negativity.
Mct may not be starter material for a team that aims to be in the top 4 but he's good enough to be on the bench at this stage.
In your opinion

bucky

Completed 106 of 112 passes. Won 6 of his 9 duels. Won a penalty.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Sounds like Gerrard thinks he's still available then. Like the look of him and hope we're serious with our interest.

Bondi77

Reminds me of the time when Jose was spotted at a Serbia game and from then onwards NIkola Milenkovic was always linked to us :houllier: :houllier:

Giggsy13

Completed 106 of 112 passes. Won 6 of his 9 duels. Won a penalty.
He’s the type of player we’ll look at doing well at Villa in a few years and wonder why our dumb club didn’t go out and get him on a free.

Irrational.

He’s the type of player we’ll look at doing well at Villa in a few years and wonder why our dumb club didn’t go out and get him on a free.
Our club probably has the lowest scouting IQ out of all the PL clubs. We’ll still be pining over Rice until the last day of the transfer window as sensible DMs come and go.

Blood Mage

We're hopefully starting to reform our scouting approach but it probably won't happen in time to snap up some gems like Kamara this summer sadly.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Just FYI for people knee jerking about Gerrard being at a game - we've been way more heavily linked to Kamara and in some instances said we've agreed terms with him. I'm pretty sure if ETH wants him for the side, we'd bear Villa to his signature.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s those sorts of passing stats that we’re missing from our side. Fernandes is far too wasteful with the ball, McTominay never gets on it, Fred is somewhere inbetween those two. We have no central midfielder who is actually deliberate with the ball, can take a hold of it and control spraying it around for lengthy periods of a football match.

KeanoMagicHat

This guy is such an easy win and should have been bought in January for hardly anything. So that means we definitely won’t buy him and watch him star for someone else.

Lemoor

Low risk and high reward, exactly the type of player that the club hates signing.

Mainoldo

If we get him we need to highly think about our number 8. We basically would require a young Pogba.

Jezpeza

We 100% should be on him. Even if he turns out to be just a body in the squad its so low risk and we could sell him on. By all accounts he is pretty decent though

Infra-red

We 100% should be on him. Even if he turns out to be just a body in the squad its so low risk and we could sell him on. By all accounts he is pretty decent though
Carbon copy of Fabinho, statistically.

We have a lot of work to do this summer and limited funds to do it with. A player of this potential, only 22 years old, in a problem area for us, for no transfer fee, is an absolute no brainer. I think the club should seriously consider going for him.

Jezpeza

Carbon copy of Fabinho, statistically.

We have a lot of work to do this summer and limited funds to do it with. A player of this potential, only 22 years old, in a problem area for us, for no transfer fee, is an absolute no brainer. I think the club should seriously consider going for him.
i compared him to rice on who scored - very little between them as well on stats. Well worth a punt

Infra-red

If we get him we need to highly think about our number 8. We basically would require a young Pogba.
Agreed. We need someone who's great at progressing the ball and spreading the play. Basically, our own Modric/Verratti/Thiago. Fabian Ruiz only has a year left on his deal and would be a pretty good fit. Kamara-Ruiz would be a massive upgrade in terms of passing abilty and dictating tempo, compared to the midfields we have generally picked this season.

Strootman's Finger

I don't know why this thread keeps getting bumped. I would like Kamara, but we didn't sign him in Jan when we could have gotten him for 5 mil and he could have made a huge impact on us qualifying for the CL, so there is pretty much no chance that we are signing him in the summer when the market is open and we can go after preferred targets. Romano has also said there is zero interest from United in this deal.

Infra-red

I don't know why this thread keeps getting bumped. I would like Kamara, but we didn't sign him in Jan when we could have gotten him for 5 mil and he could have made a huge impact on us qualifying for the CL, so there is pretty much no chance that we are signing him in the summer when the market is open and we can go after preferred targets. Romano has also said there is zero interest from United in this deal.
I'm sure we'd rather sign Tchouameni or Rice this summer, but the budget may not stretch to that, given how many holes there are to be filled elsewhere in the squad. I wouldn't be surprised if we gave this one some consideration.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He’s an incredibly tidy player but not the most progressive so if you want to keep the ball and have a solid DM he’ll be excellent.

If you want a bit more impetus from DM there’s better options. But for value for money I wouldn’t be against it. I could see him working in the PL and improving with a good coach.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If he's good and on a free, I'm skeptical of us signing him. We never seem to actually get good players for free or with 1 year on their contact. Will believe in us recruiting smart when I see it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He’s an incredibly tidy player but not the most progressive so if you want to keep the ball and have a solid DM he’ll be excellent.

If you want a bit more impetus from DM there’s better options. But for value for money I wouldn’t be against it. I could see him working in the PL and improving with a good coach.
Interesting. But given we are really short in midfield we probably have to add a few CMs. And one being free could help us bolster in other areas too. Of course he has to actually be good too.

Mainoldo

Agreed. We need someone who's great at progressing the ball and spreading the play. Basically, our own Modric/Verratti/Thiago. Fabian Ruiz only has a year left on his deal and would be a pretty good fit. Kamara-Ruiz would be a massive upgrade in terms of passing abilty and dictating tempo, compared to the midfields we have generally picked this season.
I agree. Call me skeptical but the club would never go for that combo as they aren’t tall enough. I think Mc Claren and the club would vote against it. Probably for good reasons. Only Man City get away with it and even then Rodri is a big dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.