Boubacar Kamara | Signs for Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Unless we are signing both De Jong and Tchouameni this summer, otherwise I am going to be very pissed we are missing out on Kamara to Villa.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
My only caution on this is we signed Sanson who was good box to box player for Marseille and he's started about 5 games for us in 18 months for a variety of reasons.

Kamara has higher potential I imagine but can remember people going mad about Soumare from Lille who was key in them winning the league and he's struggled to make an impact so far at Leicester.

Interested what the guys who actually watch French league on here regularly below PSG think.
He is a talented player and because the fee is low, I can understand the frustration felt by some fans. However he isn't the sort of talent, if you miss out on him, you won't be able to find adequate alternatives for him, people need to chill out.

Dempsey19

Unless we are signing both De Jong and Tchouameni this summer, otherwise I am going to be very pissed we are missing out on Kamara to Villa.
Tchouameni has apparently agreed terms with Liverpool and Madrid but is choosing Madrid.

It will be a very long time before United get a player like that if Liverpool/Madrid are interested.

Sa

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What are your thoughts on Lucas Gourna-Douath? 18 year old DM/CM at Saint Etienne..

Still a young player that requires nurturing but he's got potential imo to develop into a very prominent player in his role.
Yeah, I'm a fan. I'm still not entirely sure his best role though if I'm honest. It wasn't exactly a great environment to develop at Saint-Etienne this year, but he was heavily linked to Chelsea previously, so wouldn't be surprised to see him end up there.

His dribbling and pressing are his main qualities, his passing is pretty safe but solid. His frame and physicality looks very impressive for his age, you can only see that getting better. Someone far more intelligent than me will have to work out where his future lies in midfield as I'm really not sure.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah, I'm a fan. I'm still not entirely sure his best role though if I'm honest. It wasn't exactly a great environment to develop at Saint-Etienne this year, but he was heavily linked to Chelsea previously, so wouldn't be surprised to see him end up there.

His dribbling and pressing are his main qualities, his passing is pretty safe but solid. His frame and physicality looks very impressive for his age, you can only see that getting better. Someone far more intelligent than me will have to work out where his future lies in midfield as I'm really not sure.
Tbh with you I've been watching him for a while now and he's from the French class of 2003, which includes Hannibal Mejbri. For me he's a similar profile of player to Aurelien Tchouaméni in some ways and will develop into a player with strong defensive attributes with good ball retention. He's showing the ability to pass with either foot as well, which is only going to help as he progresses in his career. And then to add to that he's physically and athletically gifted with searing pace as well. There's a few deficiencies to iron out but that's normal for a youngster his age. And for me he's the type of talent that could develop into a top class defensive midfielder in the coming years and it'll be interesting to follow his development next season.

For any one not familiar with the player, highlights below.

Was still 17 in the below vid.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Tbh with you I've been watching him for a while now and he's from the French class of 2003, which includes Hannibal Mejbri. For me he's a similar profile of player to Aurelien Tchouaméni in some ways and will develop into a player with strong defensive attributes with good ball retention. He's showing the ability to pass with either foot as well, which is only going to help as he progresses in his career. And then to add to that he's physically and athletically gifted with searing pace as well. There's a few deficiencies to iron out but that's normal for a youngster his age. And for me he's the type of talent that could develop into a top class defensive midfielder in the coming years and it'll be interesting to follow his development next season.

Yeah I think with the attributes he possesses that makes sense, I guess it all now depends on what we class as a defensive midfielder - 6 or a more disciplined 8. That's what I can't work out with him. I think right now Camara (also at Saint-Etienne) is better than him defensively and maybe takes away the opportunity for him to play that role more. A lot hinges on whether Saint-Etienne stay in Ligue 1, he'd do well to have another season in Ligue 1, but if they go down I don't see him staying.

Kingslayer18

How do you think he compares to a player like Lesley Ugochukwu from Rennes? Similar in that he's a DM/CM and screens similr to Lucas Gourna-Douth in that he's athletic, fast, good defensive attributes and passes well.

Bojan Djordjic

Unfortunately, in the phase of the rebuild we’re in now, unless we get him on a free, we would just be removing funds from improving the first team. I generally love these type of outside the box signings but the reality is if it’s not improving our first team immediately, it’s inefficient use of funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.