Boubacar Kamara | Signs for Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We need starter quality not further squad fillers Kamara could be worth the punt as low risk signing due to his contract situation and his profile , but Haidara is no better than what we have it would be a pointless signing .
Considering we are about to lose Matic, this seems a like a good deal. Replacing VDB and Matic with squad players who can contribute for cheap free up funds for other positions..

United in sin

We need starter quality not further squad fillers Kamara could be worth the punt as low risk signing due to his contract situation and his profile , but Haidara is no better than what we have it would be a pointless signing .
I'll be surprised if we get them both in January. Rangnick coached Haidara and was instrumental in signing and developing him as a youth product.

If he wants and gets him at United its likely Haidara will be be given a run. It always happens when managers bring along players they trust and have worked with prior.

No place will be safe in that midfield come the transfer window and that's a good thing. We need competition in that part of the pitch

gajender

So when Matic, Pogba and possibly DVB leave, who are we left with?
We look for players who are good enough to start for us in title challenging teams and relegate likes of Fred and Mctominay to bench which ideally is their rightful place .

gajender

Considering we are about to lose Matic, this seems a like a good deal. Replacing VDB and Matic with squad players who can contribute for cheap free up funds for other positions..
We have Fred and Mctominay starting regularly for us trust me we don't need squad players we already have them , let's spend our money wisely and look for clear upgrades I thought VDB experiment would have served as good learning but it seems our fanbase never learns .

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We have Fred and Mctominay starting regularly for us trust me we don't need squad players we already have them , let's spend our money wisely and look for clear upgrades I thought VDB experiment would have served as good learning but it seems our fanbase never learns .
We haven't got a single player like Kamara in our squad, he's young and has potential. A clear upgrade is easy as he'd be the only one who can play the role of a proper 6, with some athleticism.

gajender

We haven't got a single player like Kamara in our squad, he's young and has potential. A clear upgrade is easy as he'd be the only one who can play the role of a proper 6, with some athleticism.
This was my first reply on this .

So I actually agree with you on Kamara he could be a shrewd acquisition but Haidara not so much.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This was my first reply on this .

So I actually agree with you on Kamara he could be a shrewd acquisition but Haidara not so much.
My apologies then, we agree are in agreement!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Mike Phelan managed Maguire and thought he was good enough to play for United after coaching Rio and Vidic. Let’s assume Rangnick can identify a RBL player from a Manchester United player.

Beleive it or not. There is a huge difference.
If we had bought Maguire from hull for 10m nobody would have batted an eyelid. It’s his price tag that puts pressure on him

Mainoldo

If we had bought Maguire from hull for 10m nobody would have batted an eyelid. It’s his price tag that puts pressure on him
If he cost £10m he’d be sitting on our bench. It’s his price tag that gets him games.

MrBest

Never seen him play, couldn't tell you what he looks like too. Is there anyone who has seen him play regularly? What type of player would you compare him too? Kante, Ndidi ? How would he fit under RR?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If he cost £10m he’d be sitting on our bench. It’s his price tag that gets him games.
It’s his form, up until this season he’s been our best CB (which is not saying much considering the piss poor options to compete with him until we bought Varane)

Blood Mage

A better player than Haidara, he'd be a good addition. I wouldn't read too much into these links though looking at the sources.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I can’t believe that you actually watch football, you are as clueless as they come.

Andersons Dietician

On what planet :lol: :lol:
The planet where Smallings trophy cabinet is.

Boubacar and Haidara both make sense to me. If Ralph wants to keep trying to have us being a high tempo pressing team then we need bodies and people that can do it. Fred and McT can’t play every game.

Matic and Mata probably leaving soon and who knows what will happen with Pogba and VDB. I may be wrong but BouBacar isn’t really one for pressing or stepping in high and early to win the ball is he?

JJ12

The planet where Smallings trophy cabinet is.

Boubacar and Haidara both make sense to me. If Ralph wants to keep trying to have us being a high tempo pressing team then we need bodies and people that can do it. Fred and McT can’t play every game.

Matic and Mata probably leaving soon and who knows what will happen with Pogba and VDB. I may be wrong but BouBacar isn’t really one for pressing or stepping in high and early to win the ball is he?
There we are then. Anderson really is better than Gerrard :lol:

lloyd2wayne

Yeah right. So silly it is not even worth the discussion.
How is Snalling not more accomplished by Maguire? Pleeeeease explain.
Smalling was bought by Sir Alex and helped us win premier leagues, FA cup, league cup, Europa league while playing 31 times for his country.

I’m not even a big fan of Smalling but what the feck has Maguire achieved. I mean just few weeks ago there were calls for him to be benched, sold or be removed as captain. Not to forget Maguire is the most expensive defender ever. Laughable.

KingCavani

Would be such a great signing considering the contract situation but it does feel like this is a link of convenience more than anything else. Outlets see our biggest need and Kamara fits the bill. There doesn't seem to be anything with any real substance.

He's stagnated a bit at Marseille in recent years and he's certainly not a guy who solves all our problems. We'd still lack a guy who can control a game. His versatility will pretty much ensure he'd be a great squad player though at the very least.

AneRu

He looks class tbh. Looking at his stats on fbref as well, looks perfect as a holding midfielder who is good defensively and comfortable on the ball. Highly rated on FM too. Wonder if we'd look to bring him in as a free or just sign him early in January.
We should push to sign him early in January because there is still a lot to fight for this season and proper No.6 instead of another defensive 8 could really make a difference to our team and what we can achieve this season.

Idxomer

How is Snalling not more accomplished by Maguire? Pleeeeease explain.
Smalling was bought by Sir Alex and helped us win premier leagues, FA cup, league cup, Europa league while playing 31 times for his country.

I’m not even a big fan of Smalling but what the feck has Maguire achieved. I mean just few weeks ago there were calls for him to be benched, sold or be removed as captain. Not to forget Maguire is the most expensive defender ever. Laughable.
Winning the Championship play-offs with Hull City.

Mainoldo

I can’t believe that you actually watch football, you are as clueless as they come.
Umm hmm!! Not my fault I take in football at a higher level than you.

I’m just glad I’m not Fool fool.

JJ12

Umm hmm!! Not my fault I take in football at a higher level than you.

I’m just glad I’m not Fool fool.
:lol:

I no longer have to suffer this buffoon

United in sin

Yeah right. So silly it is not even worth the discussion.
On what planet :lol: :lol:
You have to be deluded to think Maguire is better than Smalling but I know there's a lot of fans who believe so. Maguire would give anything to have Smallings career. What does Maguire have at almost 29? Four relegations and zero trophies. No one outside England rates him.

JJ12

You have to be deluded to think Maguire is better than Smalling but I know there's a lot of fans who believe so. Maguire would give anything to have Smallings career. What does Maguire have at almost 29? Four relegations and zero trophies. No one outside England rates him.
Yet everyone rates Smalling who hasn’t played football for England for many years and plays for Roma.

Try again.

United in sin

Yet everyone rates Smalling who hasn’t played football for England for many years and plays for Roma.

Try again.
Maguire has the less impressive individual career. Steve Bruce never played for England as well, winning for United matters more.

I know I'd rather be the player who won under Fergie (and two cups after he left) than than the player who'll never live up to his transfer fee, the player who doesn't even command respect from his teammates including the much younger Rashford who told him to (and I quote) "Shut the F up you k head" during a match.

I've never watched a weaker and less deserving united captain than Maguire. Roy Keane has called him out countless times and knows a thing or two about proper United captains. He's been in relegation form this season. You won't find a single period in Smalling's time at United where he was as erroneous as Maguire has been this season

Last edited:

JJ12

Maguire has the less impressive individual career. Steve Bruce never played for England as well, winning for United matters more.

I know I'd rather be the player who won under Fergie (and two cups after he left) than than the player who'll never live up to his transfer fee, the player who doesn't even command respect from his teammates including the much younger Rashford who told him to (and I quote) "Shut the F up you k head" during a match.

I've never watched a weaker and less deserving united captain than Maguire. Roy Keane has called him out countless times and knows a thing or two about proper United captains. He's been in relegation form this season. You won't find a single period in Smalling's time at United where he was as erroneous as Maguire has been this season
Maguire is twice the player of Smalling. Not his fault smalling played under Fergie. As if that’s an argument.

Abraxas

No idea if he's any good, I always find it slightly confusing how so many people seem to have definitive opinions on players like this, probably off a couple of fixtures. Who the heck watches Marseille regularly except French fans?!

But his stats do look good which is something to cling onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.