Boubacar Kamara | Signs for Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAF is the GOAT

If we're smart we'll loan 1 of those players to just fill a hole in our midfield for the next 6 months

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
What would the realisitic worst case scenario be if we signed him? Even if he was only as good as current-day Matic say, he'd add something to the squad just by dint of being a DM at that level who actually has the legs to play every week.

And in terms of the longer term composition of the squad, again even if he wasn't all that good it's hard to imagine us not having use for even an average 22 year old DM, particularly when our only other current DM is a 33 year old who will likely leave relatively soon. And if we did reach the point where we actively don't want him, how much can we lose financially on a 10m player even as inept as we are at selling?

Obviously quality matters a lot but at a certain point just having certain types of players in your squad matters too. Which Rangnick was perhaps alluding to when he said "it doesn't help if there's a profile missing". And who knows, he might actually be good.

romufc

What would the realisitic worst case scenario be if we signed him? Even if he was only as good as current-day Matic say, he'd add something to the squad just by dint of being a DM at that level who actually has the legs to play every week.

And in terms of the longer term composition of the squad, again even if he wasn't all that good it's hard to imagine us not having use for even an average 22 year old DM, particularly when our only other current DM is a 33 year old who will likely leave relatively soon. And if we did reach the point where we actively don't want him, how much can we lose financially on a 10m player even as inept as we are at selling?

Obviously quality matters a lot but at a certain point just having certain types of players in your squad matters too. Which Rangnick was perhaps alluding to when he said "it doesn't help if there's a profile missing". And who knows, he might actually be good.
Exactly this.

We will go into the summer with 2 midfielders that play. McTominay and Fred. We need at least 2 CM's and if we are to sign one that could be decent for £10m and help us for the rest of the season, I do not see a big problem.

If he does well he stays in the team, if he is struggling he becomes a squad option for us next season because we need numbers as well as a top quality starter.

We can sign someone in the summer that will be a guaranteed starter.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Exactly this.

We will go into the summer with 2 midfielders that play. McTominay and Fred. We need at least 2 CM's and if we are to sign one that could be decent for £10m and help us for the rest of the season, I do not see a big problem.

If he does well he stays in the team, if he is struggling he becomes a squad option for us next season because we need numbers as well as a top quality starter.

Not to mention he can play CB as well but is a natural at DM - which none of our players are. It's a no brainer.

Hammondo

Very nice technique and close control, we need more players like him. He does not look physically dominant though, so some sort of B2B next to him would be nice.

tabu

KAMARA really worked his ass off in OM's 2:0 win over Lens, was very strong. He will probably now really step on the gas to get a well-paid contract with Man Utd or Milan. OM is already going beyond its limits in its offer, but Bouba has everything in his hands. Kamara clearly played DM, where he is stronger than an IV in a 5-man defence.

croadyman

KAMARA really worked his ass off in OM's 2:0 win over Lens, was very strong. He will probably now really step on the gas to get a well-paid contract with Man Utd or Milan. OM is already going beyond its limits in its offer, but Bouba has everything in his hands. Kamara clearly played DM, where he is stronger than an IV in a 5-man defence.
I get the feeling Milan would happily pay the £10m and take him now whereas we would rather wait until the summer on a free

croadyman

Exactly this.

How I wish that the club saw things the same way

tabu

I get the feeling Milan would happily pay the £10m and take him now whereas we would rather wait until the summer on a free
Milan has a DM who is playing strongly in his last year of his contract, the years before he was mediocre: Franck Yannick Kessié Maybe they will try to extend the contract with Kessie. Kamara will probably also want to collect the hand money in the summer and he won't want to leave in the winter.

SparkedIntoLife

This one feels more likely than others rumoured (Zakaria, Haidara etc.) for me. I'd imagine it's dependent on a couple more exits such as Lingard, Pereira, VDB and maybe even Bailly as Kamara can also play centre back. This means that Kamara's probably transfer fee, circa 10m, would be fairly negligible and not affect the new manager. I think he could be a really decent addition, though not ground breaking. We certainly need another player in his position/role. Haidara doesn't seem suitable as a deep lying player and Zakaria hasn't returned to what he was pre injury but would presumably command much bigger wages than the other aforementioned two.

Hughie77

What? He's an actual defensive midfielder who is both good on the ball and very good defensively and smart defensively. He's is literally nothing like Fellaini :lol: In fact profile wise he's exactly the type we need as a DM.
Well cheers for the update, just wanted to know the other reply made more sense than this one never mind though keep it up cheers

Hughie77

Are we going in for this guy or not? Does he play in the French league ?

Blood Mage

I see him as a future CB but he'd be a smart purchase to plug a much needed hole for now. I don't understand why we keep sleeping on these shrewd deals... oh wait yes I do our owners only want to spend on players who sell shirts.

Strootman's Finger

Kamara is by far the best value IMO, but Tchouameni would be the highest quality. Haidara doesn't even play the same position and Zakaria is a huge risk.
Bayern and Dortmund both seem pretty interested in him, so it can't be that big of a risk. Personally it's Tchouameni, Kamara, Zakaria, then Haidara for me. But Tchouameni will be big money, and I would rather pick up Kamara now and Rice in the summer, but you drop 50 mil on Tchouameni now and I can't see us buying Rice or any other quality midfielder, when we really do need at least two.

croadyman

I see him as a future CB but he'd be a smart purchase to plug a much needed hole for now. I don't understand why we keep sleeping on these shrewd deals... oh wait yes I do our owners only want to spend on players who sell shirts.
Bang on they care just about shirt sales

Rob Bowman

Yeah I expected Ralf to come in and sort things out. We have DVB and Lingard who can't get a game, but we will not sell them, one aging DCM and no shrewd reinforcements coming in...

Shirt sales is the only explanation I can come up with as well :(.

Bestietom

We will come out on Monday and say the market isn't good in January and then Fred or McTominay ( or Both) will get injured the next week and we lose next 5/6 games and Rangnick will be blamed.
Fecking sick of this every year.

croadyman

We will come out on Monday and say the market isn't good in January and then Fred or McTominay ( or Both) will get injured the next week and we lose next 5/6 games and Rangnick will be blamed.
Fecking sick of this every year.
Yeah we are excuses central when it comes to why we didn't buy anyone

jesperjaap

I agree, but more importantly for me personally.....we need TWO central midfield signings this summer, especially considering the number of players there whose future is up n the air, so this type of signing is exactly what we should be going for as one of the signings, there is Kessie and Zakara and no doubt a few more with contracts not far from ending, Kamara behind Camavinga was always my bargain buy from two the summer gone. Still cant believe we signed none and its one of the big reasons for how badly we have struggled this season, it was blaringly obvious we needed signings there

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If the wages and sign-on fees are going to be big, I can understand why club isn't really keen to get him.

Let's say if he is demanding more than 100k and if we don't find him suitable to our team, he will just stay put. No one is going to match his wages and take him on loan.

Bondi77

We will not be buying anyone until a new manager is in place.....guaranteed!

croadyman

Really hope our next manager finally puts some focus on rebuilding that midfield, however could be outside of the top 4 which will effect targets

AneRu

Then we will 'back the new manager' by blowing our budget on Rice alone when he clearly needs more.

Bondi77

Then we will 'back the new manager' by blowing our budget on Rice alone when he clearly needs more.
What if the new manager does not want him?
We do not want to go down the VDB path again do we!

jamesjimmybyrondean

Unless he's good enough to start for a team that should be challenging for the title then we don't need more squad players when we already have Fred and Mctominay and even Garner coming through

KeanoMagicHat

Unless he's good enough to start for a team that should be challenging for the title then we don't need more squad players when we already have Fred and Mctominay and even Garner coming through
He's 22 and he's very good, he's better than Kanté at 22 and many other successful PL players. I can see him going far.

Cheers not a bad club, poor league though. Premier league is a massive step if we are in for him
Ligue 1 is probably the most successful feeder league to the Premier League in history. Kanté, Mahrez, Bernardo Silva, Fabinho, Lloris, Azpilicueta, Thiago Silva, E. Mendy, Tielemans off the top of my head in the league right now who didn't struggle to take a "massive step" up.

Status
Not open for further replies.