Boubacar Kamara | Signs for Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's a DM at Marseille and his contract is expiring at the end of the current season. I mentioned him as a potential cheap pick up with high reward potential in the past. He recently turned 22.

Last edited:

SplitzMagic

Surely hope he's comes and removes that number 4 shirt off Jones' back.

He seems quite good, he was one of my standout players on FM20. Not that that translates into anything in the real world.

Very tidy and keeps things simple, dribbling reminds me of Pogba.

Mainoldo

My baller. I think he could be a quality DM if he makes the right move.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He'd be a great choice IMO. Moving on a free he'd come with little pressure also. Would make a good Matic replacement in the future.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wait, what does ‘one of the traditional top four clubs and Manchester United’ mean?!. Feck off Ornstein.

Schnappo

Wait, what does ‘one of the traditional top four clubs and Manchester United’ mean?!. Feck off Ornstein.
Yes, who are the traditional top 4 Orney?
Don't think he meant it in the context of United not being a traditional top 4 club - he is just indicating that another top 4 club is in the mix alongside United.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I presume he means us and Arsenal.

jesperjaap

Was an obvious choice in the summer with us not having much money to spend with other pursuits. Sure I read he was available under £10m, should have signed him then as one of two midfielders as was obvious we are weak there, as has shown.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He will make an ace dm for the next vlub that gets him
I always considered him as a bit of a french Declan Rice, but not as good. Dont have the same drive and maturity.

But considering there is £60-70 mill between them I can see why people would prefer Kamara. Nice punt and a type of player we need. But is he good enough?

Kostov

He seems talented, I've not see much of him to be sincere. He always ends up at Arsenal on my Fifa saves if that means something.:houllier:

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I always considered him as a bit of a french Declan Rice, but not as good. Dont have the same drive and maturity.

But considering there is £60-70 mill between them I can see why people would prefer Kamara. Nice punt and a type of player we need. But is he good enough?
He is better on the ball than Rice to me. So under the right guidance he can possibly offer what a Rice cant.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He is better on the ball than Rice to me. So under the right guidance he can possibly offer what a Rice cant.
Thought you might say that, but I’m not sure. Easier on the eye, but not sure if he is more effective. Really like the pace of his pass though. Almost feels a bit old school. (Gerrard, Scholes, Keane and Robson, felt like their passing was so quick and powerful compared to midfielders these days. Maybe just a Man Utd-thing.)

Scholsey2004

I remember him looking pretty good statistically when i was sieving through whoscored a while back.

Ekeke

He's a good young player with the versatility to play DM or CB. Perhaps because of his contract issue this season he hasnt been as good... But he'll be a good signing for someone

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Looks like he has a nice ping and play some long range passes? Anyone confirm that has watched him more regularly?

We really need someone with a bit of range in their passing. We end up struggling with the press because we can't go more than 10 yards at a time with most of our team.

croadyman

He's a DM at Marseille and his contract is expiring at the end of the current season. I mentioned him as a potential cheap pick up with high reward potential in the past. He recently turned 22.

No brainer if we could either get him for decent fee in January or just get a deal in place for when his contract expires

reddevilz007

No brainer if we could either get him for decent fee in January or just get a deal in place for when his contract expires
Kamara and Haidara for combined fee of 40 million would be great business for January.

sell Martial and Lingard at the same time, and we either make profit or we break even.

Adam-Utd

Kamara and Haidara for combined fee of 40 million would be great business for January.

sell Martial and Lingard at the same time, and we either make profit or we break even.
sounds like great business to me.

2 young hungry players who would push the squad instead of sitting on huge wages and crying when it’s not going well.

Mainoldo

After all that business we’ll need to invest in some flair.

gajender

sounds like great business to me.

2 young hungry players who would push the squad instead of sitting on huge wages and crying when it’s not going well.
We need starter quality not further squad fillers Kamara could be worth the punt as low risk signing due to his contract situation and his profile , but Haidara is no better than what we have it would be a pointless signing .

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We need starter quality not further squad fillers Kamara could be worth the punt as low risk signing due to his contract situation and his profile , but Haidara is no better than what we have it would be a pointless signing .
Have you seen Haidara at all?

bond19821982

Not much but I am going on what I have read on him by German posters who don't think he should be the one we should Target from Leipzig .
Again,no one knows if he is actually a target or not . But if he is, I would rather trust the man who brought the player to RBL than anyone else.

Mainoldo

Again,no one knows if he is actually a target or not . But if he is, I would rather trust the man who brought the player to RBL than anyone else.
Mike Phelan managed Maguire and thought he was good enough to play for United after coaching Rio and Vidic. Let’s assume Rangnick can identify a RBL player from a Manchester United player.

Beleive it or not. There is a huge difference.

Adam-Utd

So when Matic, Pogba and possibly DVB leave, who are we left with?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He looks class tbh. Looking at his stats on fbref as well, looks perfect as a holding midfielder who is good defensively and comfortable on the ball. Highly rated on FM too. Wonder if we'd look to bring him in as a free or just sign him early in January.

bond19821982

Mike Phelan managed Maguire and thought he was good enough to play for United after coaching Rio and Vidic. Let’s assume Rangnick can identify a RBL player from a Manchester United player.

Beleive it or not. There is a huge difference.
You aren't seriously comparing Phelan with Rangnick, are you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.