Boubacar Kamara | Signs for Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddevilz007

he looks like the type of player Leicester or Liverpool would go for than sell him for 3 times the original price. So i think we should totally get him.
We’re more about buy high, and sell low or give for free

Hopefully, we can get Kamara

United in sin

Would have been hilarious had Southgate called him for England squad, when McTominay was called up for Scotland squad, he started just 5-6 league games.
It's kinda telling he was never called up for any English or even Scottish youth squads.

Don’t bite Darren please To late

Not having that mate, both Scotland and England wanted McTominay at the time, if I remember right Scott mentioned that his choice was made up when Alex Mcleish traveled down from Glasgow in horrendous weather to speak to him, and all Southgate could do was call…
Southgate sent him a text and went all out to convince Rice to switch alligences to England while Rice was already capped for the Republic of Ireland.

Zapata

We’re more about buy high, and sell low or give for free

Hopefully, we can get Kamara
Yeah it has been pretty bad, but hopefully ralf at the helm he will stop this non sense and buy some proper talent. I've watched several OM matches and Kamara always stands out in a very good way. I'm confident this guy would improve our midfield immensely.

Trequarista10

It's kinda telling he was never called up for any English or even Scottish youth squads.
He was out of action most of the time when his age group were playing under 17s/18s/19s at international level due to his freakish growth spurt.

United in sin

He was out of action most of the time when his age group were playing under 17s/18s/19s at international level due to his freakish growth spurt.
That growth spurt started when he was 18 and lasted 18 months. He could've been called for the age limits you mentioned before and even after. He was 21 when Mourinho promoted him to the senior squad in 2017, two years on from his growth spurt

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's not a secret that McTominay wasnt highly rated when he was young, not that he is highly rated now. Anyways youth caps means nothing, players improve at different ages. I don't think anyone thought McTominay will be regular for top half PL team

Bertie 2 Hats

The ideal January signings would be Kamara (6) and Haidara (8) who would help solve the main problem with our midfield.. I would also like to see us play 4-3-3.. just like the top teams who play the most attractive attacking football.. Maybe a midfield comprising of a Number 6 and 2 Number 8's would compliment our strong abundant strike force in the most beneficial & productive way.

lysglimt

Scout
It's not a secret that McTominay wasnt highly rated when he was young, not that he is highly rated now. Anyways youth caps means nothing, players improve at different ages. I don't think anyone thought McTominay will be regular for top half PL team
I remember watching Tom Cleverley play left back for the U18s and thought he was simply awful - about 2.5 years later he was playing regularly for our first-team. I can't recall ever being so wrong about a player before, so yes - you can't really judge a player from a few matches at youth levels alone.

But McTominay was a special case - we saw a bit of the same with Lingard and Michael Keane who more or less didn't play at U18s because they were so small. And suddenly they were regulars at the reserves instead.

Ogaranya

This guy will be a good signing, I have watched him several times, I love his pace, agility, tackling and ability to initiate attack from deep.

His cheap price is also a bonus, him with yves Bissouma will improve our midfield

Anyone willing to consider modric?

Scholsey2004

Beckham only got 12 youth caps at all ages combined. A lot of players go largely under the radar in favour of players who ultimately dont make the grade. The selection process is all opinion based after all.

Scholsey2004

This guy will be a good signing, I have watched him several times, I love his pace, agility, tackling and ability to initiate attack from deep.

His cheap price is also a bonus, him with yves Bissouma will improve our midfield

No, he's ancient. We're turning into an MLS style retirement home for aging players.

copen1945

One last big payday for the old before they head to America is a service to be appreciated. The old must be respected and cared for. Van Gaal started the tradition, and every manager since then has followed it. I doubt City, Liverpool, or Chelsea are as charitable and nice as United.

AussieDevil

So many people seem convinced we are in for him and I haven’t seen one reportable source even hinting at it?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Why do people keep suggesting him? I dare say no big team will touch him until the whole sexual allegation thing gets dealt with. No club wants that hanging over them

croadyman

Why do people keep suggesting him? I dare say no big team will touch him until the whole sexual allegation thing gets dealt with. No club wants that hanging over them
Finally someone brought that up, seems people on the fan channels suggesting him have forgotten about this story.

Rocknrolla69er

His attempted passes and pass completion percentage is better than anything we have in midfield. Seems very tidy and effecient with the ball, isn't that something we're crying out for.

Also has an assured first touch, upgrade on Fred easily, mobile, stronger, better on the ball, better passer

At £10m get it done.

Just need a Mctominay upgrade now.

For me Mctominay isn't mobile as in, he's capable physically, but mentally he just doesn't take up the correct areas as a pass option, he's often on the cbs toes when he should be 10 yards away receiving the pass off them. I'd rather have a less physically mobile Neves, who's mentally far superior in his positional intelligence which makes him far more effective.

Buy both

Houdini

He looks like more defesive oriented, upgraded Fred.

jesperjaap

This. And we sure as shit wouldn't get him for £10m, it'd be a lot more.
It was rumoured he was actually getting offered about in the summer for LESS. We should have gone for him then. He is one of the rising starts in the league in the last six months of his contract. I think the fee would be around that figure anyway. Are a few young French midfielders I wouldnt mind here, after Camavinga he was the top of them for me.

Whether we are actually intereste liek you say is another matter though. We are linked with a different player every few hours it seems and none of them have been credible it seems so far

Bwuk

Paddy Keogh who seems to be somewhat ITK on Twitter is claiming this is on.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Paddy Keogh who seems to be somewhat ITK on Twitter is claiming this is on.
Would give us much needed rotation in the CDM role that's for sure.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Passes the ball an awful lot. Averages around 73 per 90 which is a stat only Matic gets close to. Can only help with possession and keeping control on a match.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What's his credibility like? I hate getting pulled in this easily
Think he's a team news leaker, I can't envision someone who leaks line ups 15 minutes early would have an inside scoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.