Boubacar Kamara | Signs for Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I watched Marseille's game back against Feyenoord.

It was a lot like Liverpool vs Villareal.

Lots possession lost deep in their own half. Completely clueless in the build up on how to deal with a good press. This guy did feck all to help his team out. Put a few tackles in and that's about it. Was about as involved in the build up as McTominay.
Well, I for one will stick to the edited and, occasionally, flattering youtube clips, thank you very much.

Can't have fans going out there and actually watching these players we're linked with.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I'll prefer Djibril Sow of Eintracht Frankfurt

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Well, I for one will stick to the edited and, occasionally, flattering youtube clips, thank you very much.

Can't have fans going out there and actually watching these players we're linked with.
I watched the game too being a Feyenord fan and our midfield dominated, Kamara was often lost in between the midfield and defence, our transitions to Sinistera and Reiss went past him before he knew it and he couldnt recover, he never even pressed our 8s in midfield and Dessers dropped deep sometimes into his space and he never picked him up once. Maybe it was just an off game, but he didn't impress me at all.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Still dont understand why they didnt went for him in the winter for 5 mill. Probably to late in the summer as top clubs will go for him for free, but we should at least try. Could be a great squad addition and possibly a starter as both Fred and Mctominay are shit.

gajender

Still dont understand why they didnt went for him in the winter for 5 mill. Probably to late in the summer as top clubs will go for him for free, but we should at least try. Could be a great squad addition and possibly a starter as both Fred and Mctominay are shit.
Is he even good or the whole clamour for him is based on the fact he might be available on free .

mu4c_20le

Is he even good or the whole clamour for him is based on the fact he might be available on free .
For some the clamour is probably so that we dont have to see McT again.

Scotty is the modern day Fletcher, Oshea, non big game Park, etc

Bojan Djordjic

Ed told us you can't do good deals in January.... apart from our err.... Vidic, Evra and Bruno....oh wait.

Lemoor

He is 22 and was quite strongly hyped last season as one of better defensive midfielders in Ligue 1.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The whole point of not signing anybody in January was because we wanted to:
1. Prevent signing players for Ten Hag who starts 6 months later to inherit and come to the conclusion that he has no use for said player/said player doesn't fit his system; and
2. Keep the budget as large as possible for Ten Hag in the summer to sign players he actually wants.

Whether it was the correct decision or not is debatable, but it was a conscious decision by the club, and there is logic behind it.

jesperjaap

He got a few mentions in the summer. He was supposedly available for under £10m as Marseille expected him to run down his contract. Surprised me nobody went in for him them, we should have done.

I think there is a lot of "no brainer" due to the free transfer that is hyping him up a lot. He isnt Rice/Bellingham etc etc, he has only played a couple of seasons in DM and is still very much learning the role. Whether its tactical or him reverting to his CB days, he does seem to go very very deep a lot without the ball and to recieve it, a bit like how Matic has been the last year or two.

For me its the same as last summer, he isnt THE signing we should be going for (that was Camavinga whihc prob would never have happened anyway), but in terms of value and possible progression and already being a good player....and even more prevelant this summer with us needing 6/87 signings on my opinion, he would be a very astute signing. Free transfer, wouldnt expect a big signing on fee on big wages, would fit the DM type we need and could develop under a good coach into a really good player. Him and Caqueret for £25m odd in total would be great business for me, two problem positions improved upon both ability wise, fitting into a system, technically, defensively and both plaeyrs also with scope for a lot of improvement....dont think we are signing either though

Orion.

He’s probably got a higher ceiling as a defender than midfielder, but would make a lot of sense as a utility man, who worst case scenario can be sold on next summer.

NoPace

I watched the game too being a Feyenord fan and our midfield dominated, Kamara was often lost in between the midfield and defence, our transitions to Sinistera and Reiss went past him before he knew it and he couldnt recover, he never even pressed our 8s in midfield and Dessers dropped deep sometimes into his space and he never picked him up once. Maybe it was just an off game, but he didn't impress me at all.
How good is Sinisterra?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It is abundantly clear this player is just trending here out of fans linking him to the club rather than any genuine interest.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
How good is Sinisterra?
Last season he was very inconsistent but had some amazing performances but this season he has really put it all together. Instead of 9/10 1 game then 2/10 next game he has been a steady 7-9/10 this season, his fast as hell and his finishing is fantastic now but his playmaking has beem the real surprise. Any team looking for a left winger this summer should have him at the top of their list.

Bestietom

Competition makes for a better player which is why we need 2 players for each position at least.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It is abundantly clear this player is just trending here out of fans linking him to the club rather than any genuine interest.
Absolutely. And majority of those have probably barely watched a game. It’s just spread that he’s a DM and he’s free and now people won’t shut up about him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looks like he's going to Atletico. Classic United missing out on a good free signing

Blood Mage

This should have been the most obvious signing to make this summer. I still have yet to be convinced that anything has changed with regards to our recruitment approach. The board are still looking to make big fancy statement signings instead of intelligent squad building.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Meltdown over this is really beginning to annoy me. Apparently the club should commit to a young, therefore long term defensive midfielder they don’t want just because he’s free? Did the club tell you they have no money or something? Perhaps we’re willing to pay for the players we actually want.

RatPack

For me I just want us to get a CDM this window. But right now it seems all the attention is on CB.
Rice is too expensive,
Tchouaméni is not coming with all the other CL suitors.
Do not see any links to a great DM anywhere (I do not consider de Jong a CDM)
Maybe others have the same problem and just hoped for Kamara (free and a CDM).
I am beginning to fear no CDM is coming this year either.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Absolutely. And majority of those have probably barely watched a game. It’s just spread that he’s a DM and he’s free and now people won’t shut up about him.
:lol:

This is how I feel too.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Why aren’t we even trying? We desperately need 2 midfielders, our main targets De Jong or Tchouameni doesn’t seem wanting to join us, what other options have we got?

KeanoMagicHat

Meltdown over this is really beginning to annoy me. Apparently the club should commit to a young, therefore long term defensive midfielder they don’t want just because he’s free? Did the club tell you they have no money or something? Perhaps we’re willing to pay for the players we actually want.
But why don’t they want him? It’s an absolute no brainer. Why shouldn’t we question why they don’t want him? They get it wrong on a consistent basis. They’re not reliable. We should be happy they miss out on one of the best signings we could make because ‘the club knows best’? The same club that scoured 500 RBs to sign Wan Bissaka for £50m.

Tavern in the town

There’s always those players no one’s ever watched but everyone seems to think are the answer. This lad’s replaced Alex Telles in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.