Boubakary Soumaré

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Out of contract so he’s going one way or another.
Will be cheaper than Zakaria and a whole shedload cheaper than Rice.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'd say we sign him and if shit hits fan we sell him for a profit

pascell

Hopefully we get Soumare, Phillipe and Mandzukic (and Haland but I'd happily wait until summer for him) and we'd be looking strong depth wise if we're sticking with the 3-4-3/3-5-2.

theklr

His stats look pretty uninspiring across all the games he's played this season. He doesn't seem to excel at anything in particular.
To be fair, some midfielders can do much good work without it beeing reflected in stats. Dictating the pace of the game, smart positioning etc.

How was DJ’s stats before he came by comparison?

Alabaster Codify7

Given the fee or lack of,this guy would be a sensible addition in January. Would much rather this type of signing than spending all summer doubling the worth of Longstaff or Rice simply to fit a PR narrative.

AkaAkuma

Hopefully we get Soumare, Phillipe and Mandzukic (and Haland but I'd happily wait until summer for him) and we'd be looking strong depth wise if we're sticking with the 3-4-3/3-5-2.
Phillipe?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Soumare is a great player.

I've watched Lille a few times this year because of Osimhen, they've got some great young talented players, this guy would fit us like a glove IMO.

No doubt we're heavily scouting the DM/midfield position with the links to him and Zakaria. I'd happily sign both.

brownyorkshireman

Also rumours of Inter wanting Matic in January, hopefully that happens and then we make a move for this guy.

Classical Mechanic

To be fair, some midfielders can do much good work without it beeing reflected in stats. Dictating the pace of the game, smart positioning etc.

How was DJ’s stats before he came by comparison?
Sure, if he's a Carrick-esque DLP, is he?

Dan James has improved his end product since stepping up but his stats were similar or better last season across the board.

Walters_19_MuFc

If he's not renewed his contract at Lillie, you can only imagine he's been tapped up.

If we were to get him on a free in Jan, then it would be a decent signing.

Mcking

His stats look pretty uninspiring across all the games he's played this season. He doesn't seem to excel at anything in particular.
Exactly what I thought too. Going by his stats for this season, he doesn't win the ball a lot like the best defensive midfielders and he neither scores nor creates for his teammates. His passing range doesn't seem all that impressive either, and his dribbling is hit and miss. Doesn't excel on the air either. Stats does not take into account things like positioning, ball retention under press, ball carrying and short passing, so he might be good at those.

Bestietom

Lille will most likely try and sell him in January due to the fear of losing him for nothing in the summer. I think a deal for a very reasonable fee could be struck in January which would suit us and Lille.
We should be negotiating now then. We all know how long it takes Woody to get a deal over the line.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ah, could be!

While we are talking possible dm’s, no mention of Florentino Luis? Should be on our shortlist to scout.
We had been linked to Luis a few times, and he’s a player that interests me. Also been heavily linked to City last summer. He’s more a proper defensive midfielder than Soumaré though.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

enwhykiid

We had been linked to Luis a few times, and he’s a player that interests me. Also been heavily linked to City last summer. He’s more a proper defensive midfielder than Soumaré though.
We're always linked to Portuguese players. The Manchester teams have become the go to for Portuguese media to drum up interest in their players

Matst1

He looks exactly like Fred from the clip I just watched, what’s the difference? Genuine question, he’s defensive but looked like he likes to push forward too, just like Fred

thomas porter

I would be very happy if we got this lad and Zakaria in January. We'd probably still need to some creativity but we'd be much more athletic and dynamic than we are currently.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He looks exactly like Fred from the clip I just watched, what’s the difference? Genuine question, he’s defensive but looked like he likes to push forward too, just like Fred
That description fits Patrick Vieira, Roy Keane, Fred and Cattermole. Surely the quality is more the issue than the profile? If Fred has reached expectation we wouldn’t need what we need.

AneRu

The kind of signing I like and if he works out then we are sorted in midfield because Pogba will fund the signing of his replacement. I think it will be him/Phillips/Zakaria to partner McTominay at the base of midfield with Fred and Garner being the squad options. Let's hope we sign either in January because it could be the difference between qualifying for the CL or not.

Matst1

That description fits Patrick Vieira, Roy Keane, Fred and Cattermole. Surely the quality is more the issue than the profile? If Fred has reached expectation we wouldn’t need what we need.
Good point. Ok, I’m in.

Welbeckham

Looks literally nothing like Fred. Fred is lightweight, slow, weak and nervy, even in the YouTube clips of him playing for Shakhtar. Fred doesn’t look fully comfortable as a creator or destroyer, and he’s left-footed.

Soumare is right-footed, looks decent with both feet though. He looks like a beast physically, fast and strong, also technically good and mobile for his size. Definitely looks more imposing and confident than Fred based on the clips.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
I think he means Zakaria from Gladbach.
Ah I see. That's more like it. Can't recall us being linked to any Augsburg player.

Anyway between this guy or Zakaria, who'd you prefer?