Boubakary Soumaré

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not telling me anything other than you don’t know what you are talking about and have weird delusions about what everyone thinks. Not sure how someone as unqualified as yourself is qualified to assess what everyone else says/thinks.
I recognise my lack of qualifications in assessing the inner-workings of Woodward’s duties. Unfortunately, I also recognise yours.

Roboc7

I recognise my lack of qualifications in assessing the inner-workings of Woodward’s duties. Unfortunately, I also recognise yours.
Yeah you definitely know all about it and how we’re all brainwashed, definitely.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah you definitely know all about it and how we’re all brainwashed, definitely.
You cannot defend what you said with anything other than the implication that ‘everyone else is saying it too’, which is direct evidence of the brainwashed.

Roboc7

You cannot defend what you said with anything other than the implication that ‘everyone else is saying it too’, which is direct evidence of the brainwashed.
Why would I bother when someone dives in with odd and irrational nonsense about brainwashing and assumes fans are upset because not winning treble. Just odd and pretty comical.

In my experience when someone is off on a tangent like that there isn’t any point in a rational response.

At the end of the day Woodward’s CV, experience and performance speaks for itself.

theklr

Voix du Nord (Lille credible newspaper)+Espn saying we and Spurs are still interested, and fee would be €50-60 million.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/man...-eye-boubakary-soumare-moussa-dembele-sources

Story from Julien Laurens. We scouted him last week against Valencia.

Sounds like a great opportunity for January transfer, since his deal expires in the Summer, unless Lille make him sign a new contract. I think we'll have more/better options in the Summer, but we clearly need midfield improvements in January, if we want to have any results this season.

flappyjay

Sounds like a great opportunity for January transfer, since his deal expires in the Summer, unless Lille make him sign a new contract. I think we'll have more/better options in the Summer, but we clearly need midfield improvements in January, if we want to have any results this season.
Him and a 10 who can give Pogba proper competition would be a decent window.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His deal doesn't expire in summer, Lille have option to extend for 2 years.

Alabaster Codify7

Considering we don't have a midfield without McTominay (who himself is 'good' not great), anyone would be welcomed if they are good or above. Soumare seems available and at least good, I would add him to allow us to rotate somewhat.

beingshe7don

Soumare and Olmo for 70m would be huge. I just hope that the resurgence of Fred will not deter Ole from pursuing Soumare.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
So are the reports credible? and are there any credible reports linking us to Olmo?

Rocknrolla69er

From watching the highlight videos, certainly Likes to take up a lot of Pogba like positions on the pitch, and has good powerful surges towards goal with some good assists

Wouldn't be surprised to see this lad being lined up as a replacement possibly

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Sounds like a lot of money. Is he the real deal ?

troylocker

Doesn’t tackle much (1 tackle per match), doesn’t intercept much(1,2 interceptions per match), doesn’t create much(0,6 key passes per match), doesn’t shoot (0,1 shots per match), no goals and no assists in 24 appearances this season (avg. Score on whoscored 6,61). These are low numbers for a DCM.

Compared to what we have:
Fred: 1,8 tackles, 1,3 interceptions, 1,2 key passes, 1,6 shots, no goals and 1 assist in 16 appearances (avg.score on WhoScored 6,86)
McTom: 2,1 tackles, 1,6 interceptions, 0,9 key passes, 1,3 shots, 3 goals and 1 assist in 18 appearances (avg. score on whoscored 7,19)
These are just stats of course, but the numbers indicates that there might be better options out there.

DarkRed

Doesn’t tackle much (1 tackle per match), doesn’t intercept much(1,2 interceptions per match), doesn’t create much(0,6 key passes per match), doesn’t shoot (0,1 shots per match), no goals and no assists in 24 appearances this season (avg. Score on whoscored 6,61). These are low numbers for a DCM.

Compared to what we have:
Fred: 1,8 tackles, 1,3 interceptions, 1,2 key passes, 1,6 shots, no goals and 1 assist in 16 appearances (avg.score on WhoScored 6,86)
McTom: 2,1 tackles, 1,6 interceptions, 0,9 key passes, 1,3 shots, 3 goals and 1 assist in 18 appearances (avg. score on whoscored 7,19)
These are just stats of course, but the numbers indicates that there might be better options out there.
All of Fred's shot are so of target, they can be counted as loss off possession... so stats not always have a meaning.

Obiorahking_

This guy isn't very good. I'd rather stick with Fred then spend 50mil on him and I hate Fred.

In Rainbows

From watching the highlight videos, certainly Likes to take up a lot of Pogba like positions on the pitch, and has good powerful surges towards goal with some good assists

Wouldn't be surprised to see this lad being lined up as a replacement possibly
If we wanted a Pogba type understudy, it would be best to go after Gravenberch or Jude Bellingham.

Champagne Football

Boubakary apparently mostly plays box to box. If he has any creativity or ability to spot a pass then thats exactly what we need.
James Garner is supposed to become that player. But he might be at least 2 years away from being ready.

I'm not sure Ole can afford to say no to a talented creative up and coming box to box midfielder, if one is available for a good price.

Rocknrolla69er

Boubakary apparently mostly plays box to box. If he has any creativity or ability to spot a pass then thats exactly what we need.
James Garner is supposed to become that player. But he might be at least 2 years away from being ready.

I'm not sure Ole can afford to say no to a talented creative up and coming box to box midfielder, if one is available for a good price.
I may be wrong, I presumed Garner was more like Carrick playing at the base of midfield, but yeah looks like this lad has legs, hopefully our recruitment team have starTed to target players like this instead of "galaticos" just coming for a payday

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've only seen this lad in about 2 or 3 full games but he does look to have big potential as a defensive box to box midfielder with good passing, ball winning ability, physical presence and the ability to break lines with his surging runs from midfield. The below vid also displays the players technical quality on the ball which is very impressive for such a young player.

With McTominay possibly out for a period of time, I hope our link to Soumare bares fruit in the January transfer window. Soumare has been likened to Patrick Vieira and I do see why some would make the comparison.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This tweet from the 16th of this month is citing a very reliable source for Lille news. The player wants to move to England with United and Spurs the two English teams mentioned as being in talks for the player. The Spurs link is very interesting because Mourinho has recently appointed a Portuguese coach from Lille to his backroom staff and Luis Campos the Lille DoF is also a close confidante of Mourinho. And it seems like Mourinho has been given a glowing appraisal of the player.

-Supreme-

This tweet from the 16th of this month is citing a very reliable source for Lille news. The player wants to move to England with United and Spurs the two English teams mentioned as being in talks for the player. The Spurs link is very interesting because Mourinho has recently appointed a Portuguese coach from Lille to his backroom staff and Luis Campos the Lille DoF is also a close confidante of Mourinho. And it seems like Mourinho has been given a glowing appraisal of the player.

Spurs bought in 2 CMs in the summer for a combined fee of around £120 million and they have hardly played so far this season.

I'd be surprised if Levy buys another without at least giving them a chance first