Boubakary Soumaré

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We need creativity and he is has no assists and no goals. A no-brainer for an idiot. And we seem to have a few upstairs at Old Trafford.

Is it too much to expect to strengthen in areas that desperately need strengthened?
A player of Soumare's profile is needed just as much imo.

Nick7

This screams of agent nonsense. He won’t leave Lille this jan, and sign for a smaller team for less money in the summer and our fans will cry “but value!!!!”

Ranchero

What profile is this? Someone that doesn't create or score. Why not stick one of our many central defenders in there if we want that

No our priority has to be creativity creativity and creativity. Had enough of bringing in ineffective deep players who do nothing in the final third and there is a long line of those going back to Schneiderlin and Schwienstiger.

pascell

I agree someone with athleticism and a ball winner is definitely what we need. A ball winner paired with Fred or McTominay, that would allow our no.10 more freedom, as they'd have two fully capable CMs behind them to retrieve possession again.

Ranchero

Good to know. Agreed that a dedicated DM gives us option to have more creative CM.

I always think that the reason we didn't have many CL under Fergie was the lack of a dedicated DM option. A player whose main duty is to whack opponents off when near our box.
Nooooo!!!! Not another uncreative DM. That is NOT what we need.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What profile is this? Someone that doesn't create or score. Why not stick one of our many central defenders in there if we want that

No our priority has to be creativity creativity and creativity. Had enough of bringing in ineffective deep players who do nothing in the final third and there is a long line of those going back to Schneiderlin and Schwienstiger.
He would provide dynamism in midfield and provide the likes of Pogba to focus on creating chances which would obviously help us create more chances. He's very good on the ball and has shown that against the likes of PSG. He's also incredibly gifted athletically with pace to burn which would also help our backline.

A switch to 4-3-3 with Soumare as the deepest midfielder opens up the possibility of Pogba and Fred being played in advanced roles which would help our creativity issue for the current season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This screams of agent nonsense. He won’t leave Lille this jan, and sign for a smaller team for less money in the summer and our fans will cry “but value!!!!”
Less money? If that was the case he would've joined Wolves at the start of the season for £30m.

Ranchero

He would provide dynamism in midfield and provide the likes of Pogba to focus on creating chances which would obviously help us create more chances. He's very good on the ball and has shown that against the likes PSG. He's also incredibly gifted athletically with pace to burn which would also help our backline.

A switch to 4-3-3 with Soumare as the deepest midfielder opens up the possibility of Pogba and Fred being played in advanced roles which would help our creativity issue for the current season.
I despair... I really do. No wonder the club is in such a mess.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We need both both @Ranchero, if we only got Soumare, it wouldn't help us creatively but I can imagine it would help us constantly being in sixes and sevens when we are counter attacked on.

Ranchero

We need both both @Ranchero, if we only got Soumare, it wouldn't help us creatively but I can imagine it would help us constantly being in sixes and sevens when we are counter attacked on.
An uncreative midfielder is not a priority. We will be lucky if we sign anyone this window. We have to strengthen in areas we lack. Not those we don't.

It has to be creativity creativity creativity in terms of midfield. Nothing else will do right now.
Most people know that is what we lack. Every game you can see this.

ottosec

He looks like a player we could really use. He can stabilize the defense and cover for the likes of Pogba or Fred and allow them to move forward more consistently.

Is he available in this transfer window?

Bestietom

If you see a train with no brakes rushing toward you, do you stand there and await physical evidence or try to avoid it all together as you can make a judgement?

Guy couldn't get games at Fulham nor Palace in midfield or central defence when on loan, but lets try him at United, in a position he's not played for near half a decade. What could go wrong :smirk:
You tell us what could go wrong. He couldn't be any worse than some of the pedestrians we have here atm.

Nickelodeon

Please don’t torture your collective selves. We aren’t signing him or anyone.

Nick7

Less money? If that was the case he would've joined Wolves at the start of the season for £30m.
Yep. I’d say they’ll sell him for less than that once they realise the top clubs aren’t biting

Steven Seagull

An uncreative midfielder is not a priority. We will be lucky if we sign anyone this window. We have to strengthen in areas we lack. Not those we don't.

It has to be creativity creativity creativity in terms of midfield. Nothing else will do right now.
So we sign a creative midfielder or nobody?

Raven

Boring. We've been getting slaughtered on the counter by any team who fancies having a pop, having a good DM would prevent that.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He looks like a player we could really use. He can stabilize the defense and cover for the likes of Pogba or Fred and allow them to move forward more consistently.

Is he available in this transfer window?
He could play the DM role solo against the so called cannon fodder and would help with transitioning play from our CBs. He's also very good at beating the press and would allow us to play Fred/McTominay as the RCM with Pogba LCM in a 4-3-3. He would possibly be the best signing we could make in this window for midfield imo and probably the hottest prospect in France currently for the role he plays.

From reports it seems Lille would prefer keeping him on loan if he's sold but wouldn't stand in the way of the player if he wanted to move straight away.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yep. I’d say they’ll sell him for less than that once they realise the top clubs aren’t biting
I think someone is gonna bite pretty soon and I think a £40m deal might be a possibility.

Mani

He looks more like player playing in position 8 than at 6, we require player who could play in deep in midfield, considering we got Mctominay/Fred/Pogba all three plays in the advance position of the MF,but with our injury concern I wouldn't mind a CM.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He looks more like player playing in position 8 than at 6, we require player who could play in deep in midfield, considering we got Mctominay/Fred/Pogba all three plays in the advance position of the MF,but with our injury concern I wouldn't mind a CM.
Could play both roles..

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Was one of Lille's standout players when we faced them in the CL.

Red_toad

You tell us what could go wrong. He couldn't be any worse than some of the pedestrians we have here atm.
I wouldn’t play him there, we have better options. Being able to run fast is not the measure of a central midfielder. He’d be lost there.
If he were impressing in the under 23’s there then he’d come into consideration. But he’s not as his coaches know his strengths and weaknesses better than any fan. He’s either a right back or a central defender and he’s not shown anything like the required standard for years. He had a lot of potential at one point, a long time ago...

jackal&hyde

He could play the DM role solo against the so called cannon fodder and would help with transitioning play from our CBs. He's also very good at beating the press and would allow us to play Fred/McTominay as the RCM with Pogba LCM in a 4-3-3. He would possibly be the best signing we could make in this window for midfield imo and probably the hottest prospect in France currently for the role he plays.

From reports it seems Lille would prefer keeping him on loan if he's sold but wouldn't stand in the way of the player if he wanted to move straight away.
I agree with all of it. A good DM with good technique and mobility would create a solid base for the team going forward. Ideally we would also get an AM but the ones we want are unlikely to be available until summer. I also think that the main reason we played 4 2 3 1 is because we simply don't have the personal for the 4 3 3, Ole's preferred tactic when he arrived. With this guy plus Pogba returning and the resurgence of Fred we could go back to that. Pogba and Fred in more advanced positions could be all the creativity we need.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Every game I see when we lose the ball we have fast attackers running at our CBs who aren't fast. We need someone helping them to cover the middle. He could also help us win the ball higher up the pitch when they try to counter us, leaving them gaps for us to exploit.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We need a creative midfielder more than anything, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't sign anybody else on our shortlist if they become available earlier. If this one happened many would complain that we have not addressed the key issue in the squad, and that would be true, but it would not mean that we are not also trying very hard to sign that player as well.

Bestietom

I wouldn’t play him there, we have better options. Being able to run fast is not the measure of a central midfielder. He’d be lost there.
If he were impressing in the under 23’s there then he’d come into consideration. But he’s not as his coaches know his strengths and weaknesses better than any fan. He’s either a right back or a central defender and he’s not shown anything like the required standard for years. He had a lot of potential at one point, a long time ago...
Ah come on @Red_toad, give him a chance. He is still young enough to make it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's normally deployed in a pivot from the games I've watched this season in a 4-2-3-1. But away to PSG he played in a 5-3-2 and did a brilliant job at taking the ball from the backline and distributed play very well with both feet which was very impressive. I hope our interest is genuine and we sign him because he looks a huge talent at 20.

Raven

He's normally deployed in a pivot from the games I've watched this season in a 4-2-3-1. But away to PSG he played in a 5-3-2 and did a brilliant job at taking the ball from the backline and distributed play very well with both feet which was very impressive. I hope our interest is genuine and we sign him because he looks a huge talent at 20.

Looks quite good in that video other than a few loose touches, I'm always slow to base anything on videos like this though, I think I was similarly impressed with videos of Longstaff last season.