Boubakary Soumaré

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Can't say I'm familiar with him, but I love saying his name aloud.

dev1l

Could be the next Vieira or the next Djemba...

Seriously he looks a bit like Ndidi...

IrishMcD

Have never seen him before, but based solely on a Youtube video, I think he is the best CM in World football. Go get him Ole :lol:

0le

Is Julien Laurens, the reporter, reliable?

Walters_19_MuFc

Never heard of him, but from watching that video, he looks like a good player. Someone, who, as the article said, is similar to Pogba.

Seems comfortable on the ball, good vision and passing range, strong, drives with the ball and can tackle.

I'll be following Lille closely to see how he is.

Irrational.

I much prefer these left-field options rather than fannying around with splashing the entire GDP of a small country on Declan Rice.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/man...-eye-boubakary-soumare-moussa-dembele-sources

Story from Julien Laurens. We scouted him last week against Valencia.

Laurens is well connected in France so there could be something in this.

What's interesting from his piece is that he believes United are gonna get the ball rolling and try and sign him. What's even more interesting is that the player could be signed on a free in January due to him thus far rebuffing all attempts from Lille to renew.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I much prefer these left-field options rather than fannying around with splashing the entire GDP of a small country on Declan Rice.
This signing makes much more sense I agree in comparison. Could be signed on a free in January due to his contract situation which makes this a potentially fantastic deal for a player with a very high ceiling.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
For free we should be all over this even if he just ends up a squad player. We need options
Lille will most likely try and sell him in January due to the fear of losing him for nothing in the summer. I think a deal for a very reasonable fee could be struck in January which would suit us and Lille.

OleGunnar20

News of left-field potential signings like this gives me hope that we're finally utilising that gargantuan scouting team of ours.

I'm inclined to believe that they're capable people who've been largely ignored by Jose in favour of his own worn-out ideas and favourites (Matic, William et Al).

Great news if so.

RUCK4444

As always the YouTube clips look awesome, however if this kid can leave on a free in the summer it’s seems worth a cheeky bid in January to give us options and depth.

He looks very clean in the tackle and very quick for a big lad, some nice forward passing as well. Could be a potential bargain.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thanks.

The wording in the article seems to suggest if we were to get him on a free, it would be a summer signing.
Lille will try and get a transfer fee for him in January one would think. So I think a deal could potentially be struck in January for a reasonable fee. And if Julien Laurens is correct and we've started making moves to acquire him then I believe there's a good chance we might be able to sign him in January.

lysglimt

Scout
Isn't he the one Wolves were on the verge of signing in the summer ?

passing-wind

Happy to see unknown talent get a mention. Seen highlights of a few games, he comes across as a more defensive minded Ndombele. Not quite as agile in his movement, but uses his size and can pass and run with the ball.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Looks really impressive. Like a motivated Pogba.

Hope we are seriously after him.

CM10

I won't claim to be any sort of expert on him but it does feel like the right profile for who we should be targeting under the current model. Like someone else said, we're so light on numbers in midfield that any half decent athlete probably has a place in the squad anyway.

Ekeke

Tall and dribbles a bit

2 key passes and won the ball 5 times (7 including headers) against Valencia and joint most touches of any player on the pitch with Parejo (79)

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So definitely a DM is coming in January. Augsburg guy or this guy or the Leeds guy.

Matic is done as well. Ole is certainly ruthless.

Mark Pawelek

I think this thread should be moved to the football forum because I can't see the evidence that United are after this guy. We scout dozens, hundreds, of players without buying them.

JPB

News of left-field potential signings like this gives me hope that we're finally utilising that gargantuan scouting team of ours.

I'm inclined to believe that they're capable people who've been largely ignored by Jose in favour of his own worn-out ideas and favourites (Matic, William et Al).

Great news if so.
Ignored? How do you explain the likes of Bailly, Lindelöf and Dalot?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Great news if so.
Do people think before they type at all? United signed Bailly, Lindelöf, Fred and Dalot under Jose as well. There is no indication at all that our scouting department is under-utilised, and this is the sort of fake news that just pedals negativity and needless criticism of the club.

Okey

Bloody impressive skill set! The kind of signings I like...young and hungry with no ego (at least not yet). Contract situation means a cheap January signing is definitely possible. We could have a thread asking if Soumare is our best signing for ever soon! But seriously, he may just be the bargain of the year. Definitely a place for him on the team if he makes the step up...

OleGunnar20

Ignored? How do you explain the likes of Bailly, Lindelöf and Dalot?
Do people think before they type at all? United signed Bailly, Lindelöf, Fred and Dalot under Jose as well. There is no indication at all that our scouting department is under-utilised, and this is the sort of fake news that just pedals negativity and needless criticism of the club.
Hahaa, I can't speak for anyone else but I generally give it a cursory thought before letting the ol thumbs loose. It is an Internet forum at the end of the day, not a PhD thesis.

I think if you look back you'll see a few reports suggesting that Jose did just that - Marginalised our scouting network in favour of his own sources.

Just the first couple I came across on google there. Who knows whether there's any truth to the suggestions, but I'm not pulling this from thin air.

Also I don't see where you're getting this negativity angle from? Jose's gone (thank god). His transfer record with us was laughably bad, and the rumours of Perisic / Willian and the like even worse. Ole so far has done great in this department & it seems we're now being linked to the right types of players who are slightly below the radar.

All feels very positive to me.