Boubakary Soumaré

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Excuse me...

You just said Dortmund didn’t have the financial muscle so they agreed all these clauses but us with our financial muscle could have offered a better pay packet but they would have still requested clauses to compensate for what exactly?
What aren't you getting? We could have offered to match the clauses and put another £50mil on top. That doesn't mean we should do it. Dortmund are a selling club. They will sell every valuable asset they have at some point, hence why a player and his agent being able to cash in on other own clause whenever they fancy doesn't sit well with us but does with Dortmund.

Mainoldo

What aren't you getting? We could have offered to match the clauses and put another £50mil on top. That doesn't mean we should do it. Dortmund are a selling club. They will sell every valuable asset they have at some point, hence why a player and his agent being able to cash in on other own clause whenever they fancy doesn't sit well with us but does with Dortmund.
Okay. So the player moved to Dortmund because even though they was offering far less he knew he could have a clause to leave further on down the line(Even though just like De Ligt the club have denied such clause). So was he coming to United as a stepping stone then? Is that what you are getting at? Otherwise I don’t see the need for a clause. Do you?

ivaldo

Okay. So the player moved to Dortmund because even though they was offering far less he knew he could have a clause to leave further on down the line(Even though just like De Ligt the club have denied such clause). So was he coming to United as a stepping stone then? Is that what you are getting at? Otherwise I don’t see the need for a clause. Do you?
Who said far less? There's a possibility he thought that. There's a possibility that his greedy ass agent and his father likes the idea of being able to make £Xmil whenever they feel like it. Would you want to do business with that?

Now tell me. If it was just for the chance to play under a quality manager, playing quality football and winning quality silverware, why didn't he sign for the sister club who are currently sitting top of the table, 7 points ahead of Dortmund...

Mainoldo

Who said far less? There's a possibility he thought that. There's a possibility that his greedy ass agent and his father likes the idea of being able to make £Xmil whenever they feel like it. Would you want to do business with that?

Now tell me. If it was just for the chance to play under a quality manager, playing quality football and winning quality silverware, why didn't he sign for the sister club who are currently sitting top of the table, 7 points ahead of Dortmund...
I’m Mr negative but you believe he went to Dortmund over us because Dortmund allowed his agent to milk them.. but our well run club wasn’t falling for that. Not us!

This is why your deluded.. you call out statements like mine but believe the tripe that a proven non well run club spills out. As I said earlier.. stop being a sheep. He’s a football agent he does the best for his clients. If he went to Dortmund it was because it was the best for his career; he could have fleeced United like he always does if he wanted to.. but Haaland didn’t want to come.

He hates the club as he keeps saying but yet he keeps offering us players? Why?

ivaldo

I’m Mr negative but you believe he went to Dortmund over us because Dortmund allowed his agent to milk them.. but our well run club wasn’t falling for that. Not us!

This is why your deluded.. you call out statements like mine but believe the tripe that a proven non well run club spills out. As I said earlier.. stop being a sheep. He’s a football agent he does the best for his clients. If he went to Dortmund it was because it was the best for his career; he could have fleeced United like he always does if he wanted to.. but Haaland didn’t want to come.

He hates the club as he keeps saying but yet he keeps offering us players? Why?
Who said we were well run? You just can't help but reflect your preconceived notions on others, can you? Apparently, I love Ole and think the club is run well? How's that straw army coming along by the way? And when I've given you the opportunity to validate these ridiculous call outs, you've just moved on to the next load of nonsense that fits your agenda. I'm still waiting for you to show the last thing that wasn't negative you posted by the way.

You've avoided answering my last question regarding RB Leipzig.

Are you actually fecking serious regarding the bold? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really have an art for derailing by the way. Let it be known I tried to steer it back to discussing Soumare.

Mainoldo

Who said we were well run? You just can't help but reflect your preconceived notions on others, can you? Apparently, I love Ole and think the club is run well? How's that straw army coming along by the way? And when I've given you the opportunity to validate these ridiculous call outs, you've just moved on to the next load of nonsense that fits your agenda. I'm still waiting for you to show the last thing that wasn't negative you posted by the way.

You've avoided answering my last question regarding RB Leipzig.

Are you actually fecking serious regarding the bold? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really have an art for derailing by the way. Let it be known I tried to steer it back to discussing Soumare.
Your asking me to give you information I didn’t say I was going to provide you. So I don’t know what your waiting for. You had all the knowledge remember and all it was that United wasn’t going to fall to the demands of giving a player a release clause. But apparently I’m the one with no sense... Maybe if you say it out loud you’ll understand how stupid it sounds. We didn’t get Haaland not because he didn’t want to come but because of the release clause. Barcelona fans are saying the same thing about De Ligt.

You must love the club and Ole because I don’t get how you believed that dumbass story. I’m not moving my agenda you just keep adding new silly points for me to pick at. As for Lipzig I don’t know maybe the fact that they had developed and moved on no one of interest.. whilst Dortmund have a great track record and improving players and young players at that over the last 8 years. But go ahead and tell me how they don’t pay agents £X amount or whatever point you was trying to prove.

Soumare ain’t coming. Not under this management(back on topic).

ivaldo

Your asking me to give you information I didn’t say I was going to provide you. So I don’t know what your waiting for. You had all the knowledge remember and all it was that United wasn’t going to fall to the demands of giving a player a release clause. But apparently I’m the one with no sense... Maybe if you say it out loud you’ll understand how stupid it sounds. We didn’t get Haaland not because he didn’t want to come but because of the release clause. Barcelona fans are saying the same thing about De Ligt.

You must love the club and Ole because I don’t get how you believed that dumbass story. I’m not moving my agenda you just keep adding new silly points for me to pick at. As for Lipzig I don’t know maybe the fact that they had developed and moved on no one of interest.. whilst Dortmund have a great track record and improving players and young players at that over the last 8 years. But go ahead and tell me how they don’t pay agents £X amount or whatever point you was trying to prove.

Soumare ain’t coming. Not under this management(back on topic).
I literally asked you it in the previous post... You don't want to answer it because you cant. Those reasons you've decided were the ones that made us such a terrible choice suit a different candidate much better and you can't qualify that and still make it fit into your little agenda. You can't provide a single source that supports it, and whenever you're challenged on it, or anything for that matter, you refuse to answer and resort to aggressive responses. I mean seriously. Agents have the players best interests at heart :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I do love the club... It's a little strange you need to make that statement. I've got genuine doubts you do.

FYI - I won't read your reply. I'm sure it'll be full of petty insults and overwhelming negativity, with the exception of agents of course. Those blessed angels.

Bye!

N.B still can't provide me with the last post you made that wasn't negative.

Mainoldo

I literally asked you it in the previous post... You don't want to answer it because you cant. Those reasons you've decided were the ones that made us such a terrible choice suit a different candidate much better and you can't qualify that and still make it fit into your little agenda. You can't provide a single source that supports it, and whenever you're challenged on it, or anything for that matter, you refuse to answer and resort to aggressive responses. I mean seriously. Agents have the players best interests at heart :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I do love the club... It's a little strange you need to make that statement. I've got genuine doubts you do.

FYI - I won't read your reply. I'm sure it'll be full of petty insults and overwhelming negativity, with the exception of agents of course. Those blessed angels.

Bye!

N.B still can't provide me with the last post you made that wasn't negative.
You did well mate. You did well...

Im not giving my source because like yours it’s no source just opinions of stuff that has been doing the rounds. We just choice to believe different sides of the spectrum. But don’t act like your ‘source’ is factual.

What else are you asking to be answered I don’t know I’ve said enough and I haven’t insulted you or been aggressive :lol:. As for agents why would you hire someone to be responsible for you who doesn’t have your best interest at heart. Especially at the top end where it is cut throat?

Sleep well (positivity for you).

zenith

I like the look and profile of this guy and he seems to be available in January. With us in desperate need of strengthening the squad, I'd be pretty shocked if we did not even attempt to sign either him or Philips from leeds.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I like the look and profile of this guy and he seems to be available in January. With us in desperate need of strengthening the squad, I'd be pretty shocked if we did not even attempt to sign either him or Philips from leeds.
We’re not getting Phillips this season, he’s vital to their promotion push. Summer is a possibility.

Rumours apart, I’ve not heard anything about Soumare

Ranchero

Were not trying to sign Neymar or Mbappe, if we can’t get a player with the profile of Soumare we may as well give up and go home.
I am not saying we should sign those players. But last night is a typical example of nothing in central midfield. Nothing. We need creativity if we are ever going to challenge..not more no threat on goal merchants.

jackal&hyde

What facts do you have? :lol: The news papers? Or is your Dad best mates with Alfie?

At the end of the day he was his coach and gave him his debate, he flew out to get the deal over the line but yet Haaland still didn’t come.
Funny that, he was his coach, gave him his debut, won the first ever titles with that team (the players local "boyhood" team) and yet the player signs for a lesser club. It's almost like there might have been something else going on revolving some things in the contract that United didn't agree with.

There are enough rumors for potential mids that makes me think something is on the cards. I like the look of this guy a lot, hope we get him.

Last edited:

jackal&hyde

I am not saying we should sign those players. But last night is a typical example of nothing in central midfield. Nothing. We need creativity if we are ever going to challenge..not more no threat on goal merchants.
Last night it wasn't the lack of creativity that was the problem but being outmatched and outrun in mid; that's exactly where this guy comes in.

Mainoldo

Funny that, he was his coach, gave him his debut, won the first ever titles with that team (the players local "boyhood" team) and yet the player signs for a lesser club. It's almost like there might have been something else going on revolving some things in the contract that United didn't agree with.

There are enough rumors for potential mids that makes me think something is on the cards. I like the look of this guy a lot, hope we get him.
Yeah a release clause...

As for Soumare I like him too... but if good clubs are in for him like it’s rumoured we aren’t getting the kid unless we double his wage demands.

DarkRed

Yeah a release clause...

As for Soumare I like him too... but if good clubs are in for him like it’s rumoured we aren’t getting the kid unless we double his wage demands.
In the summer Lille constantly claimed that all the top clubs are making bids on Pepe, even when the said clubs officially stated they are Lille continued the same... so it is safe to say that they spread lies in order to sell...

Ranchero

Last night it wasn't the lack of creativity that was the problem but being outmatched and outrun in mid; that's exactly where this guy comes in.
Ah..so all is okay then. Thanks. I was a bit worried that we hadnt got any creativity. Because it is something that many people have talked about for years. But you must be right and we neednt worry........

NOT

Zoo

Mohamed Bouhafsi - Lille very open to selling Boubakary Soumaré this month. Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid are all interested in doing a deal. Wolves made an offer of almost 40 million euros.

Last edited:

ShinjiNinja26

Mohamed Bouhafsi - Lille very open to selling Boubakary Soumaré this month. Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid are all interested in doing a deal. Wolves failed with an offer of almost 40 million euros in the summer.
Seeing how desperate we are for midfielders we should be pushing the hardest to get this done.

theklr

Seeing how desperate we are for midfielders we should be pushing the hardest to get this done.
Yeah, if we dont have eyes on this guy they can just as well shut down the scout shop.

He is more or less a better, bigger and more experienced McT who play in the exact same setup (double pivot in an 4-2-3-1) that we currently are using.

Couldnt ask for a better replacement in my eyes. Ofcourse knowing us they will go for Van der beek and lose out on this guy since they cant do two transfers at a time.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I do like the look of this lad but I wouldn’t be surprised if he came in looked awful for a few months. He looks like a high energy destroyer, more vieira than pogba. He doesn’t really have a final ball or a great shot from any videos I’ve seen. He’s rangy and likes to break up play and sprint forward. He would add some serious physicality and another decent option to our midfield. Hopefully the price is right and we don’t dither on the transfers we desperately need in this window. We really really need a 10 too ASAP.

Last edited:

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He's currently being assessed by our very sophisticated AI scouting machine. It can process between 50 and a 100 players a day so it'll take time. We have 4000 players shortlist for this position and the algorithm will provide a top 10 list which our elite scouts and coaches will examine personally. If Soumare is in that list we'll then start a process of consideration which may end at some point. Then Ole has to give the almost final go ahead and then our DOF Eddy huge knob Woodward will have the final say. Then we bid. If there's time.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He's currently being assessed by our very sophisticated AI scouting machine. It can process between 50 and a 100 players a day so it'll take time. We have 4000 players shortlist for this position and the algorithm will provide a top 10 list which our elite scouts and coaches will examine personally. If Soumare is in that list we'll then start a process of consideration which may end at some point. Then Ole has to give the almost final go ahead and then our DOF Eddy huge knob Woodward will have the final say. Then we bid. If there's time.
basically this. Jan 31st... let’s make a bid for Giroud or someone like that... absolutely no imagination at all.

Son

If we signed this guy in January and van de Beek in the summer I’d be more than happy with the direction of our club transfer wise.

10 years ago these would be easy deals to make. Now... Erm... Not so easy.

meamth

If we signed this guy in January and van de Beek in the summer I’d be more than happy with the direction of our club transfer wise.

10 years ago these would be easy deals to make. Now... Erm... Not so easy.
Agreed.

Due to inflation and our club's current position, we have to pay the absolute premium.

They know we're desperate for players.

The Red Thinker

Comical if we haven’t already done this before hand.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's a defensive box to box midfielder in the Arturo Vidal mould. He's good on the ball and is blessed physically. Can also play as a DM.

Edit: This post was meant for @Samid
So not somebody who we can expect to playmake/be a brilliant passer I guess? It'll probably another 20 years until go for that sort of CM.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So not somebody who we can expect to playmake/be a brilliant passer I guess? It'll probably another 20 years until go for that sort of CM.
He can be a rock defensively and provide the platform for the likes of Pogba to create. He's also excellent at breaking lines with his powerful surging runs which would help greatly.

The more creative CM can either wait in the summer or we can go for a inferior variant now.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He can be a rock defensively and provide the platform for the likes of Pogba to create. He's also excellent at breaking lines with his powerful surging runs which would help greatly.

The more creative CM can either wait in the summer or we can go for a inferior variant now.
I hope that last sentence was loaded with sarcasm

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I hope that last sentence was loaded with sarcasm
I think the club have their targets in mind (Maddison? Grealish?) and they won't be available until the summer. Donny Van de Beek is potentially the best we can do currently and i'd be happy with that in this window.