Boubakary Soumaré

BigLebowski007

He's currently being assessed by our very sophisticated AI scouting machine. It can process between 50 and a 100 players a day so it'll take time. We have 4000 players shortlist for this position and the algorithm will provide a top 10 list which our elite scouts and coaches will examine personally. If Soumare is in that list we'll then start a process of consideration which may end at some point. Then Ole has to give the almost final go ahead and then our DOF Eddy huge knob Woodward will have the final say. Then we bid. If there's time.
So we bid in 2021? :D

CR1

Boubakary Soumaré is a player we really should be looking at getting, ideally right now in January.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I am not saying we should sign those players. But last night is a typical example of nothing in central midfield. Nothing. We need creativity if we are ever going to challenge..not more no threat on goal merchants.
We were walked through again and again and again. We need creativity and someone capable of preventing teams walking through us.

Two players minimum.

beingshe7don

If we can wrap up Bruno for 55m, Soumare for 40m, and Demiral for 35m, that would one of the best winter windows. It makes sense to get our deals done now with the Euros this year. And we could perhaps spend the summer chasing Sancho or Werner.

OleGunnar20

If we can wrap up Bruno for 55m, Soumare for 40m, and Demiral for 35m, that would one of the best winter windows. It makes sense to get our deals done now with the Euros this year. And we could perhaps spend the summer chasing Sancho or Werner.
Crossing all them fingers and toes for a miracle, as that would be immense.

DamoK

Wish that was true but not a chance we sign three players this window, we will be lucky if we sign one. Personally I think we won't make any signings. The usual excuses will be rolled out about the right players not being available and money is there etc

theklr

Lets not get too excited here :p

mav_9me

Hahaha.

zenith

I want some of that stuff you're high on

arthurka

Yeah about that......

croadyman

I am going to wait for a more credible source than the express to report interest on Soumare.

Perhaps we will see something similar to Bruno where we scout him and if he impresses then maybe later this week credible sources could emerge from that confirming our interest.

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
:lol:
Our Ed wouldn't be able to get that done in FM.

Red_Orchestra

That would take us approximately 5 transfer windows to complete all 3 signings.

Andersons Dietician

Well hope the supposed scouting team that is there watching him tonight to determine if he’s good enough before we finalise a deal have left already. Just got sent off.

theklr

I guess with all the loan talk going this one is out of the picture now.

Okey

Soumare and Fernandes would be an amazing January window. And would completely transform our moribund midfield. Very achievable as well. If only we had the kind of smooth transfer operators we fans always dream of...

Bestietom

Soumare and Fernandes would be an amazing January window. And would completely transform our moribund midfield. Very achievable as well. If only we had the kind of smooth transfer operators we fans always dream of...
It would be perfect, and probably see us win the Euro League.

croadyman

Maybe the Soumare stuff has gone quiet as they pursued a deal for him but got nowhere,hence the story of Utd looking at a loan deal for Llorente instead.

theklr

From sky sports news:

Boubakary Soumare is set to decide between signing for Manchester United or Chelsea before the transfer deadline.

Arsenal are said to be no longer in the running for the sought-after Lille midfielder, and neither are Real Madrid nor Valencia.

United and Chelsea have held talks over the player but no decision is expected to be made before Lille play Paris-Saint-Germain on January 26.

The 20-year-old, who has two-and-a-half years left on his Lille contract, is a box-to-box midfielder in the mould of Paul Pogba and has impressed across 23 appearances in all competitions this season, including six in the Champions League.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not sure if Soumare is the right player, but I’m happy we are looking at this type of player. I’m beginning to get worried that Ole seems to only either see the first line or the last line of a 4 man midfield, but doesn’t seem concerned with the middle line in between. All the links have been AM or DM basically, when I think what the team needs more is a player who will help both of those players do a bit of their jobs. For me, the AM only becomes a necessity if and when Pogba leaves, until then, let him be the creator in chief, and focus on the other two roles in the midfield.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Im guessing we will quickly see after Bruno deal is completed if we are going for him or not.
Bruno and Soumare would be a window dreams are made of. Actual competence, can you imagine that?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Not sure if Soumare is the right player, but I’m happy we are looking at this type of player. I’m beginning to get worried that Ole seems to only either see the first line or the last line of a 4 man midfield, but doesn’t seem concerned with the middle line in between. All the links have been AM or DM basically, when I think what the team needs more is a player who will help both of those players do a bit of their jobs. For me, the AM only becomes a necessity if and when Pogba leaves, until then, let him be the creator in chief, and focus on the other two roles in the midfield.
I would argue Soumare is exactly what we need. And your concern over who would fill than gap in between (if there was a gap at all, which I'm not so sure there would be) , we've a fantastic player called Paul Pogba. A MF of Soumare and Pogba behind Bruno would be pretty good IMO.

jackal&hyde

I think Pogba can be the player you are talking about. He makes good runs in to the box but he's mostly focused on finding those great passes to the forwards and the AM.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Sky have been pretty crappy recently.
Expect this to be denied sometime today from the French club.