Boubakary Soumaré

Adnan

Talent Spotter
L

Castle is pretty reliable isn’t he
?
Castles has been very good lately.

I have a feeling we're trying to sign both Fernandes and Soumare in this window. Soumare seems to have more potential than Ndidi and Partey from what I've seen.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Duncan Castles said in his podcast that we have made contact with Lille regards signing Soumare. He also went onto say that Lille want to sell in the current window because they fear the players agent will run the players contract down and the agent also wants 20% from a potential transfer.

Castles also said that he was informed by someone at Chelsea that they weren't in for him. Which is understandable considering the options they have in midfield.
@roonster09 This is what he said about Soumare.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
@roonster09 This is what he said about Soumare.
Thanks. He has 2.5 years left on contract isn't it, hard for him to run down contract and leave as free agent.

Hopefully we get him this window, we don't have options at all in midfield.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thanks. He has 2.5 years left on contract isn't it, hard for him to run down contract and leave as free agent.

Hopefully we get him this window, we don't have options at all in midfield.
He has 2.5 years still to run on his contract. But it seems that Lille are concerned that with each passing transfer window it gives the agent more power and potential buyers stronger bargaining power in negotiations.

Soumare himself has been described as a consummate pro.

Suvvernmanc

This supposed Soumaré interest is one that I can see as being the easiest for us do. He's a France u21 star and will absolutely have been scouted extensively due to our large network of scouts, and he has been very good for Lille in Europe as well as the league. So he's not a panic buy at all.

Lille would sell for the right price I think and he will want to step up at the right time.

I would say this should be one we get done easily when compared to the Bruno Fernandes situation.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

I have a feeling we're trying to sign both Fernandes and Soumare in this window. Soumare seems to have more potential than Ndidi and Partey from what I've seen.
Have you seen him much? If you have, what are his strenghts and how would he slot in to our midfield?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Have you seen him much? If you have, what are his strenghts and how would he slot in to our midfield?
He's a DM that can play as a #8. Physically very gifted and has pace to burn with work rate in abundance. Can pass well between the lines and can dribble the ball at great speed which has seen him break lines for very quick counters. He's still raw to a extent but from what I've seen in the dozen or so games I've watched him play in, he's better than both Ndidi and Partey as far as potential goes. He's also very adept at beating the press and would bring out the best in a few of our key players.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Supposedly we are closing in on a director of football who is Luis Campos who happens to be the Sporting director at Lille. Coincidence?

He found or brought through Fabino, Bernardo Silva, Martial, Pepe and many others. I’ll take both please.

Bestietom

Chelsea are supposedly a little ahead of us for this guy. ( SSN Transfer news) But things can change quickly.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Supposedly we are closing in on a director of football who is Luis Campos who happens to be the Sporting director at Lille. Coincidence?

He found or brought through Fabino, Bernardo Silva, Martial, Pepe and many others. I’ll take both please.
I hope it's true about Campos. But the only outlet reporting the news is The Sun from what I gather.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Thought Campos was joining up with Jose at Spurs ?

Still,maybe this is the alternative to Fernandes, who I'm still unsure about.

Lemansky

Hope Duncan is right, but SSN say they are slightly ahead of us. Friday night.
SSN also said we had agreed a fee with Sporting for Bruno, that the Benfica games was his last and that he would be present at Anfield. SSN is one of the worst sources out there atm. Bunch of jokers.

Bestietom

SSN also said we had agreed a fee with Sporting for Bruno, that the Benfica games was his last and that he would be present at Anfield. SSN is one of the worst sources out there atm. Bunch of jokers.
Game isn't started at Anfield yet. But yes, we don't know what's going on but we all have different views on who to believe.

Suvvernmanc

I hope it's true about Campos. But the only outlet reporting the news is The Sun from what I gather.
Thought Campos was joining up with Jose at Spurs ?

Still,maybe this is the alternative to Fernandes, who I'm still unsure about.
The Daily Mail also reporting it for what it's worth.

There were rumours of Jose wanting him here at UTD. The Mail claim we said no for whatever reason. Whether that is true or not, he is a man who knows the European market and Is held in very high esteem in the world of football. Hope we get him in

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The Daily Mail also reporting it for what it's worth.

There were rumours of Jose wanting him here at UTD. The Mail claim we said no for whatever reason. Whether that is true or not, he is a man who knows the European market and Is held in very high esteem in the world of football. Hope we get him in
The daily Mail are citing The Sun.

ATXRedDevil

Seems to me like a different player to Ndidi and Partey, and that we should be in for Ndidi in the summer regardless of what happens with Soumare. Doubt we will, though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Seems to me like a different player to Ndidi and Partey, and that we should be in for Ndidi in the summer regardless of what happens with Soumare. Doubt we will, though.
Ndidi is a limited midfielder, where as Soumare is already better on the ball and can play as a #8 in addition to playing at DM imo.

Varun1

How do Soumaré and Ndombele compare? For those who have seen Ndom play for spurs, is it just first season syndrome or is he not that good? Or is it Jose?

bucky

Agreed. Would help a lot.

How do Soumaré and Ndombele compare? For those who have seen Ndom play for spurs, is it just first season syndrome or is he not that good? Or is it Jose?
Their strengths are both passing and dribbling. NDombele is more creative though.

I haven't payed all that much attention to Tottenham this season, but he's had an injury, which derailed his season and Mourinho has thrown him under the bus recently.

ATXRedDevil

Ndidi is a limited midfielder, where as Soumare is already better on the ball and can play as a #8 in addition to playing at DM imo.
Ndidi has a specific role and does the dirty work of two people which would allow for two more creative players in midfield. If we had Ndidi we could play two creative #8s in front of him rather than playing the double pivot. He would be a compliment to Soumare, not an alternative. Plus he's still very young and premier league proven. This piece does an excellent job of summarizing how effective he is. https://www.espn.com/soccer/leicest...eas-ngolo-kanteis-the-best-ball-winner-around

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Duncan Castles says that Chelsea aren't interested.
he also has no leaks from Chelsea. We do not comment on rumours anymore or leaks news. If Matt Law says we arent interested, then listen. Just as he did as soon as the Gedson story broke. Shot it down.

The same Castles who had us agreeing personal terms with Dembele, and saying Lyon will sell if the bid goes high enough - yet their owner had publicly said twice hes going nowhere and its not about money. And that guy on the podcast with him Ian McGarry, is the worst bullshitter of the lot

Last edited: