Boubakary Soumaré

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Cheers. I wonder if he's a close colleague of Ashton's?! We know he's the new media guru. Could be much of nothing or genuine itk.
The only thing that gives it a modicum of credence is possibly Ashton tipping him off..

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm pretty sure that's a quote from a week or 2 ago.
Soumare has been happy at Lille and has been saying the same for weeks. Lille on the other hand are reported to be ready to sell due to the players agent making them uneasy.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
In Longstaff? That contradicts every piece of information we've read on him since the summer window. Ole seems extremely keen on the bloke, for unknown reasons.
How does he look extremely keen? Was there even a bid last summer? He was probably one of several players the club looked at but it was never happening at that price. There were also reports saying he wasn't a player the club was looking at.

Member 90887

In Longstaff? That contradicts every piece of information we've read on him since the summer window. Ole seems extremely keen on the bloke, for unknown reasons.
From the same journos that were saying that we were interested in Bruno at that time. Also, the same ones that kept saying this window that Soumaré is gonna choose between chelsea and us.

sp_107

I really hope we get Bruno and Soumare in this window which will give us a good platform to build on in coming summer.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I really hope we get Bruno and Soumare in this window which will give us a good platform to build on in coming summer.
We’re working on one or two things according to Ole.

So it’ll end up being one!

theklr

From SSN:

Lille boss Christophe Galtier says he is unsure on the future of his player, saying last week: "I don't know about Soumare. Nobody told me something about this situation. I don't know if this could be his last game [against Paris Saint-Germain]."

Just clickbait , given what the player himself has said earlier? Seems weird if the boss doesnt know anything if there has been some dialouge.

sp_107

Soumare is regarded as Pogba with out extra baggage. he seems a very good intelligent player done well against teams like PSG and attending a uni in his free time which tells he is ambitious and likes to upgrade himself. We need players like that.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Soumare is regarded as Pogba with out extra baggage. he seems a very good intelligent player done well against teams like PSG and attending a uni in his free time which tells he is ambitious and likes to upgrade himself. We need players like that.
Cringe.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
By clueless sky reporter.

Allas8

Looks pretty good against a very good PSG team.
If that is considered a good game by Soumare I be worried about signing him, as he did not have much of a influence on the game at all. Spend most of the game around the middle of the pitch, like a 3th CB, as he never made any runs forward, did not make himself available for passes, and did not dictate the game at all. But hey, he was on the same pitch as Neymar, that got to count for something. Lille player that stood out that game to me was #10 Ikone, who was running most of their offensive play.

Gordon S

If that is considered a good game by Soumare I be worried about signing him, as he did not have much of a influence on the game at all. Spend most of the game around the middle of the pitch, like a 3th CB, as he never made any runs forward, did not make himself available for passes, and did not dictate the game at all. But hey, he was on the same pitch as Neymar, that got to count for something. Lille player that stood out that game to me was #10 Ikone, who was running most of their offensive play.
I'm not sure he is supposed to dictate the game? It looked to me that he was supposed to sit back a little bit and not make probing runs forward. The comparisons to Pogba seems way off. Looks more like a replacement for Matic imo.
I thought his first touch was good, passing was crisp, more than decent movement and decisionmaking for a young midfielder.

Allas8

I'm not sure he is supposed to dictate the game? It looked to me that he was supposed to sit back a little bit and not make probing runs forward. The comparisons to Pogba seems way off. Looks more like a replacement for Matic imo.
I thought his first touch was good, passing was crisp, more than decent movement and decisionmaking for a young midfielder.
Our holding midfielder, be it Keane or Carrick, has always been able to dictate the game as far as I remember, so signing a CM that can not dictate the game seems odd to me. We even have started drilling or CBs like Maguire to make more forward runs to create unbalance against established defences, so our CMs definitely needs to be able to produce in the last third, instead of just playing simple sideways passes. Also one of Matic strengths is picking passes, when is given time and space, its just that his legs are gone, so I would not replace him with someone even more stationary.

Gordon S

Our holding midfielder, be it Keane or Carrick, has always been able to dictate the game as far as I remember, so signing a CM that can not dictate the game seems odd to me. We even have started drilling or CBs like Maguire to make more forward runs to create unbalance against established defences, so our CMs definitely needs to be able to produce in the last third, instead of just playing simple sideways passes. Also one of Matic strengths is picking passes, when is given time and space, its just that his legs are gone, so I would not replace him with someone even more stationary.
I am not expecting Soumare to reach the heights of Keane or Carrick, but i don't think they would have dictated a game against a team as strong as this PSG side when they were 20 either.

Allas8

I am not expecting Soumare to reach the heights of Keane or Carrick, but i don't think they would have dictated a game against a team as strong as this PSG side when they were 20 either.
I dont see how age has anything to do with it, a 21 year old Ikone had no trouble dictating Lilles play when they had the ball. From a young age you need to be able to show potential of the player you are going to be become, and Soumare looks more like a French version of Declan Rice, based on the one game I watched him play yesterday. Also United is looking to sign special talents, and they usually are able to show up in big matches, if Soumare is good enough to play for Man United, I expect more from him.

Gordon S

I dont see how age has anything to do with it, a 21 year old Ikone had no trouble dictating Lilles play when they had the ball. From a young age you need to be able to show potential of the player you are going to be become, and Soumare looks more like a French version of Declan Rice, based on the one game I watched him play yesterday. Also United is looking to sign special talents, and they usually are able to show up in big matches, if Soumare is good enough to play for Man United, I expect more from him.
Age has a lot to do with it when you're trying to get to grips with the defensive midfield position. Lets agree to disagree.

croadyman

Age has a lot to do with it when you're trying to get to grips with the defensive midfield position. Lets agree to disagree.
Yeah there is no doubt that mobility is a very important thing in that part of the field but also need to have the ability to pick a pass and be able to recycle the ball effectively as well.

GoldanoGraham

This has gone very quiet........assuming that this will now resurface again around May time

Barnslig

This has gone very quiet........assuming that this will now resurface again around May time
Well if he confirmed he had no intention of leaving in January, there's no room for journalists to make up lies, is there? Hence the quiet.