Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
He'll regret going to a massive club if he wants to play. He'll be in the exact same situation if he goes to the likes of Bayern. He's not that good yet, and who knows if he ever will be.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
TBH I'd sell him to an English club, not by choice but because our budget is going to be very stretched this summer and it would whack on an extra £40m to the price.

Ultimately Manchester City aren't going to buy him and everyone else we should be looking above whether they have him or not.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Why not come out with this earlier? Did he learn of a desired club’s interest? Or of someone coming in...?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This was inevitable. People cite Sanchez, but the reality for me is that there was never likely to be a world where both he and Rashford are first XI players for United, especially when Jose decided both kids are left wingers, and Rashford was never going to leave us due to his status here.

Nick7

More disappointed in how Martial has turned out than anything. He’s got all the ability in the world but he just can’t be arsed for most of the time he’s on the field. Doesn’t work hard enough when the opposition has the ball, doesn’t work hard enough when our own players have got the ball.

The only time he wakes up is when he gets the ball to feet in his favourite position wide left with a couple of players to take on.
Yep, he's atrocious off the ball, but some people seem to completely gloss over that. His attitude at times has been appalling this season. I really want him to stay and succeed but his mentality is very questionable.

C'est Moi Cantona

Wonder if he wants to leave enough to force a move, transfer request, etc.

I doubt it personally, so it's up to us, and unless it's some mega swap deal abroad then keep him.

Saf94

On the positive side I think this will help Rashfords development a lot, he will get a lot more chances and he has the potential to be one of the best players in the world, a higher ceiling than Martial imo.

I think it would be very sad to lose Martial but in reality he hadn’t done enough to justify starting, not for a team that wants to win the league. It can never be a bad idea to invest in world class talent it’s just a shame that signing Sanchez meant we’ll lose Martial.

I think most of the worry around Martial is fomo, it’s the fear that he becomes a world class player and we let him leave akin to a De Bruyne situation. I think he’s a bit overhyped with his potential, great dribbler but weak in a lot of other areas. People will say he played well if he does a few tricks even if he doesn’t create any end product. However I think at a team which emphasises width and pace on the break he can develop very well and be a star for that team. But for us, the way we play and the fact that most of our games come against teams who sit deep, I don’t think we were the right environment for him to develop and play to his potential.

In the end it’s the best for all parties I think right now, in the future we may regret this but just remember that it was no guarantee he’d have developed with us and the pressure and need for immediate results isn’t always the best environment for young players. Sometimes that’s just the nature of things and you have to accept it

binary bot
It's the best move for him and probably us. He doesn't suit a Mourinho team.
Too bad for «Martial FC» :rolleyes:

feck him.
I don't get the hostility, if he leaves it'll be a mutual parting of ways - where it makes most sense for both parties. Does anyone actually see him keeping Sanchez out of the team for a prolonged period of time? That's the type of gametime he needs at his age.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He wants to play and we're probably gonna sign Bale or another RW expected to play most minutes regardless of performance like Sanchez.
Sanchez' reputation in the league warranted some faith despite a poor run of games. It was vindicated in fact when Mourinho trusted him over Martial vs Spurs in the Semi Final and he was the standout player of the match.

Martial's reaction is a bit disappointing in my opinion. He's 22 years old and doesn't want to fight for his place at Manchester United against a 29 year old with a shorter shelf life. He can go to a lesser league via Juventus but it would be a bit of a flight attitude rather than fight.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Give up :lol: He’s not going to a top four rival.
I'm just interested to know whether or not there's some statement from United that rules out a Martial-Toby deal. If there is, then I'm curious to see it.

Judas

Open to offers
The anti martial people are going to be earing a lot of humble pie next year.
Why? Don't most people say he's a talented player, but losing him isn't the end of the Man Utd empire that so many on here want to make out.

It's quite clear he'll do well wherever he goes, but he's just not worth the amount of tears being shed.

Judas

Open to offers
Sanchez' reputation in the league warranted some faith despite a poor run of games. It was vindicated in fact when Mourinho trusted him over Martial vs Spurs in the Semi Final and he was the standout player of the match.

Martial's reaction is a bit disappointing in my opinion. He's 22 years old and doesn't want to fight for his place at Manchester United against a 29 year old with a shorter shelf life. He can go to a lesser league via Juventus but it would be a bit of a flight attitude rather than fight.
He's too lazy to fight. He wants to be a star for a top team, but hasn't shown the desire or hunger to achieve it with us, and it'll be the same if he signs for a massive team. He needs to be the big fish in a small pond for a bit, that'll do him some good.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Because the not great ones know they have no business being at a club as big as United and wont be paid this much anywhere else, so they're happy staying.
Which we allow them in the first place.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Seriously though, am I going crazy or something? Martial was starting after Sanchez joined until he got injured and missed a few games, that's when he "lost his place". His place that he didn't even have before that because he was mostly rotation.

He started 3 of the 4 league games after Sanchez joined until he got injured.
If I'm not mistaken you are right but for some reason he was pushed on the right for 2 out of 3 games.

Kag

He'll most likely be brilliant elsewhere, score a ton of goals and if Mourinho had any sense he'd be going out of his way to ensure he stays.

Infestissumam

feck ... hoped he'd sit it out until Mourinho inevitably implodes. But I can't say I blame him.

we'll regret this massively.

ti vu

He's a solid striker and I'll be sad to see him leave. But he's overrated by some. I think he wont be at some top club after this. Maybe I'm wrong.
Juventus is interested so he would be at top club. The quesiton is whether he would become as huge players as his potential boast or just indifferent among the good bunch thus replaceable when a true super star get into equation.

I fear Rashford will be in the same position next season.
What position is it?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Wonder if he wants to leave enough to force a move, transfer request, etc.

I doubt it personally, so it's up to us, and unless it's some mega swap deal abroad then keep him.
For his agents to make such a statement, looks to me like he's prepared.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Really, like who?
De Gea wanted to leave last year, Depay(I don't really rate him though), now Martial. That's basically our last three players that wanted to leave, and all were young and talented.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can’t see anyone paying the required amount. Spurs no chance, Bayern don’t look to be going big for anyone and doubt Juve will go for him either.

It is a shame. He’ll be a world class player in 3-4 years.

settembrini

Understandable given the ridiculous way Mourinho has treated him.

He'll be a superstar with a manager who believes in him and it's going to be annoying as hell.

Ban

Juventus is interested so he would be at top club. The quesiton is whether he would become as huge players as his potential boast or just indifferent among the good bunch thus replaceable when a true super star get into equation.

What position is it?
Yeah, he'll maybe go to a top club but will he shine there?
Personally I dont think so. He's talented but not so talented as portrayed.

Kag

Yeah, he'll maybe go to a top club but will he shine there?
Personally I dont think so. He's talented but not so talented as portrayed.
He'd smash it at Juventus and score a huge number of goals, in part due to the dominance within the league and the already good goal record he's demonstrated here.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

What position is it?
Another season of bench roles. Especially if we sign another striker.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
To be fair when I see how much Lyon paid for Memphis which I really didn't expect, I could see a team like Monaco spend a fair whack, particularly with all the departures.
If he went back to Monaco, that would be ideal really.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It would be smart to cash in here and now whilst we can probably get a big name in.

Nick7

If I'm not mistaken you are right but for some reason he was pushed on the right for 2 out of 3 games.
I thought he was up front for one. Honestly, can't remember what position he would have played.

forevrared

fecking hate this. Made all the worse by the fact Sanchez has been next to useless and is nearly 30 already. We're making a huge mistake if we let him go.

Mourinho makes these mistakes (or just insanely bad decisions based on personal grudges) far too often. De Bruyne, Lukaku, and Salah -- three of the very best players in the Premier League last season -- all of whom were sold by Mourinho at Chelsea and play for their three biggest rivals now.

El Jefe

Until we're strongly linked with a next target, it seems like most of the forum will be camped in here.

3 pages in 18mins, its going to be a bloodbath :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.