Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

De Gea wanted to leave last year, Depay(I don't really rate him though), now Martial. That's basically our last three players that wanted to leave, and all were young and talented.
DDG wanted to leave but didn't put a transfer request or anything, Depay is talented but you dont rate him, he's not that good really. So that only leaves Martial.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Translating the main part of the source interview with his agent Philippe Lamboley below:
Was he disappointed by the attitude of United's leaders?

Manchester United want to extend Anthony and don't want him to leave but we haven't found an agreement in several months. I think that when Manchester United, which is the most powerful club in the world, we have to remember, does not reach an agreement in eight months of negotiations, it is because they do not really want to make them an important player in their squad.

That is why this decision was made. It's a well-considered decision. However, it is quite obvious and it is very important to remember that he is under contract, that Manchester United will have the last word and that we will respect the decision of the club, he will go through with his commitment.

However we do not have the same vision on Anthony's future. Today Anthony is disappointed because for three seasons he has shown his love for the club and its supporters. In fact, I can tell you that without the unconditional support of the fans, Anthony would have already asked to leave United. However, Anthony clung on, he showed great professionalism, he was efficient. I think he's given his all in the last three years. It's important to remember that this season he scored 11 goals and ten assists in five months. He was voted player of the month three times by the fans. Then came the January mercato. I'm not going to comment on the consequences of this mercato. Everyone will have their opinion, I think he must resume his career. The time has come.

Cheekiey

No player is bigger than the club, all the talent in the world but his head isn't here. Let him move on and do his thing. Good luck to him but like some posters have said, one 11 leaves another will join

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Can’t see anyone paying the required amount. Spurs no chance, Bayern don’t look to be going big for anyone and doubt Juve will go for him either.

It is a shame. He’ll be a world class player in 3-4 years.
What's the required amount?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We should either sell for big money or use it as an opportunity for part-exchange. No cheap deal for big-club-cheapos

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not even arsed now. To have had as tedious a saga as Martial has provided at his age and development has been tiresome - in terms of happiness, some supposed right to play, and then his contract. We all know Jose was talking to him when he held that meeting recently. He might do well in a team that's already very well set up where being a passenger for large amounts of a game doesn't matter. Not what we've needed at this moment in time.

Highfather_24

If Martial leaves, we are left with : Lukaku, Sanchez, Lingard, Rashford and Mata for the front 3 position. I think Mata is not good enough and should be sold, so we possibly need to buy two more forwards.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I thought he was up front for one. Honestly, can't remember what position he would have played.
In the games that you mentioned, If I'm not mistaken it's one one left and two on the right. That's how I remember it but I could be wrong even though transfermarkt recorded the same thing.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
But inevitable.
Similar feelings to Ronaldo leaving. Not the same player/effect but the feelings are the same. It's absurd not to realize his potential.

C'est Moi Cantona

For his agents to make such a statement, looks to me like he's prepared.
Don't see it personally, not even sure where he'd go, no way we'd sell to a prem team, and not sure PSG can finance a deal like this atm, certainly doesn't seem like a Barca or Madrid player, and Juve couldn't afford him.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Seems he has an issue with the Sanchez transfer. Rather than pull up his socks and fight for his place like a good competitor should, he's sulked. Competition is good if you are up to the task. Do you think Scholes and Keane cried in the years of 442 when we signed Veron? Like feck they did.

TrueRed79

Caf is split looking at some of the extremely salty replies. We don't know the full story yet. Let's wait and see first. He has the talent, that's for sure. Not convinced he has the mental fortitude to get to the top but time is on his side. Can see him ending up at Bayern.

Bwuk

Massive f*ck up by us.

Can’t wait to watch Sanchez struggle next year and Martial flourish elsewhere.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
This will be Mourinho's latest De Bruyne or Salah. It's so fecking obvious.

Bwuk

Seems he has an issue with the Sanchez transfer. Rather than pull up his socks and fight for his place like a good competitor should, he's sulked. Competition is good if you are up to the task. Do you think Scholes and Keane cried in the years of 442 when we signed Veron? Like feck they did.
Veron wasn’t signed as a replacement for either.

Martial got player of the month 3 times from August to Jan, Sanchez comes in and he disappears despite Sanchez being woeful. It’s clear Sanchez will always be picked ahead of him regardlesss of form.

United_We_Stand

At the moment, only Spurs seem interested in him, so brace yourselves for £30-35m bids.
We'll be very lucky to get £50m.

Nick7

in fact, I can tell you that without the unconditional support of the fans, Anthony would have already asked to leave United. However, Anthony clung on
This is utter ridiculousness and if he actually believes that he can jog on.

Lucky number 7

He’ll tear it up for another team while we’re stuck with an over the hill Sanchez, the way the clubs ran is fecked. He’s obviously been approached by another big club to come out and say it now. He has the ability to be one of the best number nines in the world, we all know it stop kidding yourselves. Gutted!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Didn’t Scholes have a bit of a moan?

Andersons Dietician

More disappointed in how Martial has turned out than anything. He’s got all the ability in the world but he just can’t be arsed for most of the time he’s on the field. Doesn’t work hard enough when the opposition has the ball, doesn’t work hard enough when our own players have got the ball.

The only time he wakes up is when he gets the ball to feet in his favourite position wide left with a couple of players to take on.
Kinda feel like that doesn’t work hard enough when the opposition have the ball is kinda BS. He works pretty damn hard and has the numbers to back it up, which has already been proven on this forum. He gets back, sticks his foot in and covers for players.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Translating the main part of the source interview with his agent Philippe Lamboley below:
Ffs. If you read that and know that January 'mercato' is talking about the january market - ie Sanchez arriving. His signing has devastated us in more ways than we think.

CA1

Lets get a proper player in and not a sulking coward like Martial.

IAmAWinner

Martial should wait, Mourinho will have his usual 3rd season meltdown and will get sacked, then hopefully a new manager should rate Martial.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Lots of criticism can go his way, rightly in most cases. But the only player who really excites me when he runs with the ball in our team.

If we sell him then were just going backwards we're supposed to be hanging on to our young talented players.

EyeInTheSky

De Gea wanted to leave last year, Depay(I don't really rate him though), now Martial. That's basically our last three players that wanted to leave, and all were young and talented.
epic fail. DDG signed a new fecking contract which is the opposite of Leaving and he is not young. Depay was fecking shite and one of the only unanimous caf consensus on that.

The only young that I wish would leave is Ashley

Status
Not open for further replies.