Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedOpinion

I'm not derailing this thread. It's about Martial and his future and my post was about that. I'm not saying he's going to sign for Spurs - not least because that's out of his control - but it's a definite possibility IMO.

I would guess your real objection is that I'm saying something that you'd like to think isn't true. It's not my fault if something I believe to be true is dismissed as a wind-up.
I think it is that you provided nothing of substance to back up your "rumours" and your history of posting for the specific purpose of winding people up.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Why would you think PSG don't have a better chance of winning the Champions League than Spurs? They have a better chance than Man Utd for goodness sake. They are owned by a state who have made no bones about the fact that they will throw endless money at the team for that exact goal.
Well, this is not the thread to get into that, although I think that our performances in the CL last season were better than PSG's. I also don't think that PSG have a better chance than United … the former flatter to deceive in my view.

Decomposing In Paris

I'm not derailing this thread. It's about Martial and his future and my post was about that. I'm not saying he's going to sign for Spurs - not least because that's out of his control - but it's a definite possibility IMO.

I would guess your real objection is that I'm saying something that you'd like to think isn't true. It's not my fault if something I believe to be true is dismissed as a wind-up.
So basically you don't like it that people have asked for evidence of the "rumours"... evidence of even unsubstantiated rumours with a source other than yourself... and you don't like it that people are questioning your motives for posting it, but are very comfortable assuming you know why someone doesn't believe you. I hope for your sake that you're wuming.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Report Spurs for tapping up Martial then.

Unless we've agreed he can visit their fancy training centre.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I think it is that you provided nothing of substance to back up your "rumours" and your history of posting for the specific purpose of winding people up.
If you think it's all invented rubbish, then OK, so be it. I'll leave it at that. Over and out … I'm off to watch some WC football.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If you think it's all invented rubbish, then OK, so be it. I'll leave it at that. Over and out … I'm off to watch some WC football.
Post your source if it's not rubbish, if you don't want to be called out back up what you say. You've come in here with no proof saying that Martial's been round Tottenham's training ground (as if that'd sneak under the radar) and then get all offended when people ask you to provide some substance.

Enigma_87

You know who
There is no reason Martial would make a step backwards to join Spurs, which makes no sense why Glaston is keep banging about it...

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
There is no reason Martial would make a step backwards to join Spurs, which makes no sense why Glaston is keep banging about it...
To be fair, if he wants near guaranteed playing time he may have to take a step backwards. He probably wouldn't be a definite starter at any of the other giants at this stage.

Of course, I would expect his idea would be to re-establish himself at that smaller club to get a move back to the top again. That's where the Spurs links fall down, as it'd be harder to move from them than it would be at a similar club in Spain, Italy or Germany. They would pay him more though...

Enigma_87

You know who
To be fair, if he wants near guaranteed playing time he may have to take a step backwards. He probably wouldn't be a definite starter at any of the other giants at this stage.

Of course, I would expect his idea would be to re-establish himself at that smaller club to get a move back to the top again. That's where the Spurs links fall down, as it'd be harder to move from them than it would be at a similar club in Spain, Italy or Germany. They would pay him more though...
Yes, exactly this. If he moves to Spurs and be a success there to warrant a big move, they'll ask crazy figures to sell him, whilst him being at the middle of 5-6 years contract.

IMO, he'd definitely be a starter at Juve for example and they are much bigger club than Spurs.

MUFC OK

He's on the muppet train, we've all been there with United and can't blame him for wanting Martial, with that in mind I wouldn't take his confirmation bias too seriously.

rotherham_red

Jose has in all likelihood, forced the club to bend to his will re Fellaini, yet remains non plus regarding Martial... Seriously, feck him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
More strong 'rumours' (but really more than that) that Martial has visited the Spurs training centre and come away much impressed.

I mentioned this earlier in another thread - lots of scoffing was the predictable response, and I expect more so now to this post.

So, scoff away, but ….
You've been told earlier that whatever is mentioned on the Spurs Community ITK forums(yes they actually have an ITK subforum on that site) isn't gospel. Stop posting bullshit from ITK or pretending that the "rumors" are anything else than that. Nobody here cares.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
More strong 'rumours' (but really more than that) that Martial has visited the Spurs training centre and come away much impressed.

I mentioned this earlier in another thread - lots of scoffing was the predictable response, and I expect more so now to this post.

So, scoff away, but ….
Boy oh boy, is there a bigger bell-end on any football forum anywhere?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If Poch says hes gonna play then why would he not? I doubt we would sell him there IMO

AltiUn

Here's the link of the strong 'rumours' btw - http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/update-43-hercules-on-martial-grealish.133323/

Absolute fraud of a person.
Here's another one of his "ITK" posts, I'm pretty sure Glaston has come on here and sourced himself, well it's either him or Trump.

They started fishing before Poch committed to a new contract. He played the media well. He LOVES it here!!!

He wants to keep everyone on their toes. Apparently he learned that from Fergie. He has no interest in RM! He wants to create a dynasty. And he is being allowed to do so.

He is being BACKED!!!

So if anyone wants to keep having nervous disorders after all the above, you are welcomed. But I do not wish it on anyone.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Here's the link of the strong 'rumours' btw - http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/update-43-hercules-on-martial-grealish.133323/

Absolute fraud of a person.
Few gems in that ITK forum

hertyid on coys re Toby 10/06/18

Just received a text ”80m euro bid”
So have to assume Martial not coming then, all cash deal.
I assume Levy will accept.

Edit: it’s Man Utd so stop wondering if it’s a foreign club

Whoring by @spursfan77, kudos to him in the daily ITK thread.

AltiUn

That part of the forum is a mess :lol: you'd get better transfer rumours off Twitter.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

So, scoff away, but ….

That you're going after Plea suggests that your 'ITK' is talking bullshit.

Kostov

After convincing a mercurial talent like Fellaini to commit to a new contract, can we do the same with a player like Martial?

beedoubleyou

Martial has had his head turned by Spurs' new training ground with its state of the art kettle bells and space-age medicine balls. Mauricio Pochettino's all conquering new dynasty will be built on a foundation of cutting edge yoga mats and avant-garde rowing machines. All will tremble and surrender to the might of Tottenham Hotspur's new gymnasium.

shirked

He must be gutted to not have made the France squad. Disappointed at how Jose has managed him, he's a real talent.

Member 5225

He must be gutted to not have made the France squad. Disappointed at how Jose has managed him, he's a real talent.
:lol: Nothing to with him not taking his chances then? He made 45 appearances last season FFS!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
:lol: Nothing to with him not taking his chances then? He made 45 appearances last season FFS!
It's all to do with this idea that Martial if played at every opportunity will have world class attacking movement, playmaking and dynamism. The reality is that the manager can only take so many games of Martial playing his own game and not fulfilling the tactical requirements of the team before trying other players. The manager has alluded to it time and time again. He's used the world 'balance'.

For some reason working for the team is above Martial for some. Even though Martial himself can work for the team when he is up for it as we have seen in his 1st season. But that's what separates the wheat from the chaff. He was hungry and willing to prove himself in his 1st season, but then he had a horrible 2nd season due to his personal life and has struggled since.

Ashley R1+O

After watching Mbappe there is absolutely no question that Martial is several tiers below and must really make a leap next season to play catchup. Mentally, not even close to Mbappe right now.

Colombian Mancunian

After watching Mbappe there is absolutely no question that Martial is several tiers below and must really make a leap next season to play catchup. Mentally, not even close to Mbappe right now.
To be fair, Argentina left many spaces. IMO technically wise Martial and M’Bappe are very alike, and if Martial stayed at France he would have done the same things.

What M’Bappe has over Martial is mentality and maturity, while being younger. Both can be like Henry, but M’Bappe is more focused.

I hope Martial can find his game again with us, and can become consistent now that his personal life is less convulsed. I don’t want him to become another Robinho due to immaturity.

Last edited:

Aloysius's Back 3

Such a poor post. Martial doesn't have to catch up to anybody. Mbappe in the last 2 years have been better than Sanchez, Lukaku Rashford, Willian & every Tom dick & Harry in our squad - why martial has to prove something by matching mbappe's ridiculously good performances at the age of 20 is beyond me.

None of our players has anything to do with mbappe who is not a United player. No one should be worried about anything.

Aloysius's Back 3

It's all to do with this idea that Martial if played at every opportunity will have world class attacking movement, playmaking and dynamism. The reality is that the manager can only take so many games of Martial playing his own game and not fulfilling the tactical requirements of the team before trying other players. The manager has alluded to it time and time again. He's used the world 'balance'.

For some reason working for the team is above Martial for some. Even though Martial himself can work for the team when he is up for it as we have seen in his 1st season. But that's what separates the wheat from the chaff. He was hungry and willing to prove himself in his 1st season, but then he had a horrible 2nd season due to his personal life and has struggled since.
Yeah must have nothing to do with the manager changing & the type of football changing, the formation & position changing :rolleyes: how you can blame his social life & mentality over all this is pure nuts. If LVG was still here we as a a team wouldn't be as high as we are now but martial for sure would be better - the guy is struggling due to Jose Mourinho mate - like many players actually do - usually the one with tbe 'low defensive Work-rate'

el3mel

Such a poor post. Martial doesn't have to catch up to anybody. Mbappe in the last 2 years have been better than Sanchez, Lukaku Rashford, Willian & every Tom dick & Harry in our squad - why martial has to prove something by matching mbappe's ridiculously good performances at the age of 20 is beyond me.

None of our players has anything to do with mbappe who is not a United player. No one should be worried about anything.
Strange post that. Maybe he needs to catch up with him in order to play for the national team ? They are both French, and before putting blame on anyone else for Martial not playing with France, he was present in last Euro 2 years ago befor Mbappe even emerged on scene and didn't play much, with their manager dropping him completely after a game in group stage. If Martial needs to get a spot at national team, he needs to look at the young players there that play with such explosiveness and start improving himself.

Judas

Open to offers
People talk like managers are puppet masters who pull players strings literally. When Martial goes on the pitch, he's the one in charge of those performances, no one else.

Litch

Pretty spot on. The frustrating thing is you could see Martial doing pretty much the same as Mpappe with pace, power and we know he can be ice cold with his finishing. I'm no physiologist but Martial looks like trouble soul and he wears it. You get the sense that he's the type of player that all the conditions have to be right. I've joked before that if someone parked in his space, he'd still be pissed when he went on the pitch. You can imagine him going into the CL final thinking 'I wonder which bitch parked in my space'....he's that sensitive lol

Status
Not open for further replies.