Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
"devastated" us? jesus calm down.
Did you watch United this season? Before Sanchez arrived we were playing decent football and racked up 8 games with 4+ goals scored. After he arrived we looked absolutely fecking clueless. In fact, the amount of 4+ goals scored games after he arrived has been a grand 0. His agent is being completely logical and so is Martial. We aren't. There's no reason a player that had been voted player of the month three times had to be replaced in January.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We will be fine, much as I love the kid. Fact is, wrong manager for him. A manager who develops young forward talent wouldn’t freeze out one of the top young forwards around to replace them with Sanchez and Bale at 29. But it may we’ll bring us short term success.

Wayne's World

He'll sign for Liverpool.....and become the best player in the world alongside Salah

Yes I am joking
relax

Gasolin

Well, the upside for United, assuming that Spurs want Martial, is that Levy would become more flexible on the asking price for Toby.

Both clubs only lose a player who wants to leave, and both clubs get a player they want. Isn't that a mutually beneficial deal?
Nope, your defender is an old defender on the decline, Martial on the contrary is on the rise. Not mutually beneficial. You will have to compensate and you don't have the means to.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not really bothered at all

Overrated....he barely Offered anything so won’t be leaving any sort of gaping hole in our squad.
He was one of our most productive players whenever he did play in terms of getting in goalscoring positions himself, creating for others, then also in his productivity in goals scored and assists, he is by a very large distance out best dribbler with the ball, one of the best finishers in the squad, the only one who plays on the left wing normally, etc....
He'll become a top class player wherever he goes, people will bring the usual bullshit up when excusing Mourinho like they do with De Bruyne/Salah, saying "why couldn't he do that here, couldn't handle the prem, was too young, blah blah blah" when in reality Mourinho just doesnt know how to handle those types of players these days. Shame.

Canagel

It had to happen after we cost him the World Cup place. Not surprised one bit. The least we can hope for is that we insert a buy back clause and keep control of his talent.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Let him. If he doesn't want to play for us he can piss off.
No. He wants to play for us, but he doesn't want to be bench player. Can't blame him. When player like lingard is selected before you then you know it is time to go.
I guess we never will see martial- lukaku- sanchez attack. But at the same time this means that we are buying attackung olayer this summer.

MDFC Manager

The likes of Juventus and Bayern have probably got raging hardons after getting this news.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Well, the upside for United, assuming that Spurs want Martial, is that Levy would become more flexible on the asking price for Toby.

Both clubs only lose a player who wants to leave, and both clubs get a player they want. Isn't that a mutually beneficial deal?
Unless an attacker leaves Spurs he would also sit on the bench for them.

He is unlikely to go there if regular football is what he wants.

Terminator

This will come back to haunt us. Martial was in great form until he got kicked out of the left wing to fit Sanchez in. Signing Alexis to replace Martial is a poor decision IMO.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I find it a little hard to be upset about this. He's been under Mourinho for 2 years and hasn't contributed any more than our other attackers have. I don't think he will be a big success here if he stays.
This part I definitely agree with. I think he'll become top class wherever he goes. Just not under Mourinho here. Next season I can see him being one of the signings of the summer, but if he stays, barely any difference from the season just past. Then again, I cant ser any of our attackers really shining next season, but that's besides the point.

Gasolin

It had to happen after we cost him the World Cup place. Not surprised one bit. The least we can hope for is that we insert a buy back clause and keep control of his talent.
The World Cup is not on United, Martial never really convinced with the France team. But Martial should have been used more, he works on confidence. And with confidence, and his finishing skills, he's very interesting for any team. Any team except Mourinho's United apparently. I love Jose and support him, but he needs to find a way to use Martial.

Raw

Not surprised at all. We've handled him incredibly poorly.

Still, don't think we really need to replace him if Sanchez is staying in that LW role. Already have Rashford/Young as backup there (not ideal but it's not that bad). RW is so much more of a concern.

Handré1990

More disappointed in how Martial has turned out than anything. He’s got all the ability in the world but he just can’t be arsed for most of the time he’s on the field. Doesn’t work hard enough when the opposition has the ball, doesn’t work hard enough when our own players have got the ball.

The only time he wakes up is when he gets the ball to feet in his favourite position wide left with a couple of players to take on.
Kind of agree with you, and I’m genuinely a big fan of his skillset. Don’t think he’s suited to Mourinho’s sink or swim management either, which doesn’t necessarily reflect poorly on any of them, just one of those things. He has shown that he is more than just what you describe though, playing one-twos, good at crossing and excellent finishing (when confident/on form). Problem is also the fact that we play in a way that doesn’t utilise more than half of those skills.

Edit: Still hope he stays

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
That's the thing for me, if he stays, I don't expect any better from him in the new season. He's gone stale here, he's stagnating, and that's on him as much as it is Jose and the tactics.

SSSSnake

Let’s get a bloody decent cash deal at least. Sick of us selling for peanuts. Hopefully that will leave room for Griezmann now!!

Dyslexic Untied

Never rated him as highly as some on here, nor do I think his ceiling is that high. I don’t think he has any reason to complain either. If he wants to go, go ahead.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
No. He wants to play for us, but he doesn't want to be bench player. Can't blame him. When player like lingard is selected before you then you know it is time to go.
I guess we never will see martial- lukaku- sanchez attack. But at the same time this means that we are buying attackung olayer this summer.
Maybe the question should be why are others being picked ahead of him?

Unless you think Mourinho just has some irrational random dislike towards him?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
We didn't cost him his World Cup place. He wasn't getting in that squad based on his form from August-January. Deschamps isn't a big fan and Martial definitely wasn't out performing the likes of Mbappe, Thauvin, Payet etc. Give it a rest.

Nick7

Did you watch United this season? Before Sanchez arrived we were playing decent football and racked up 8 games with 4+ goals scored. After he arrived we looked absolutely fecking clueless. In fact, the amount of 4+ goals scored games after he arrived has been a grand 0. His agent is being completely logical and so is Martial. We aren't. There's no reason a player that had been voted player of the month three times had to be replaced in January.
Oh no we did worse in the second half of the season! It's hardly been fecking devastating, calm down.

The Bloody-Nine

No, he doesn't want to play for 'us'. He wants to play. Given that his agent was talking up a move to Sevilla season before last he's not particularly bothered where he plays. His agent's talk of loyalty and commitment is absolutely hilarious.

He doesn't give a shit about us.

In Rainbows

Why do so many want to blame the manager for Martial being a lazy feck?
How does this make him lazy? Sanchez has been mediocre yet played the bulk of minutes all because he was a January signing with a reputation.

MJJ

Why? Don't most people say he's a talented player, but losing him isn't the end of the Man Utd empire that so many on here want to make out.

It's quite clear he'll do well wherever he goes, but he's just not worth the amount of tears being shed.
He is though and a minority of our fanbase have convinced themselves he is an average player to support mourinho. Thats why you see bs like martial fc.

Canagel

This part I definitely agree with. I think he'll become top class wherever he goes. Just not under Mourinho here. Next season I can see him being one of the signings of the summer, but if he stays, barely any difference from the season just past. Then again, I cant ser any of our attackers really shining next season, but that's besides the point.
How many more players are we going to say the same about in the future? It's quite baffling that top players look fantastic at anywhere but United. Something has to change.

reddevil702

Don't like that he's leaving, mostly because we never tried Sanchez on the right with Martial on left. But overall, not too concerned about it. Hasn't lived up to his potential from his first season and even now that's all everyone is still talking about, the player he will become not the player we are actually selling.

Ban

We didn't cost him his World Cup place. He wasn't getting in that squad based on his form from August-January. Deschamps isn't a big fan and Martial definitely wasn't out performing the likes of Mbappe, Thauvin, Payet etc. Give it a rest.
Exactly, Deschamps had some comments about him but people act like he had a secure place for Russia already.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Oh no we did worse in the second half of the season! It's hardly been fecking devastating, calm down.
What's the point of tackling semantics on a discussion board? Add something insightful mate.

Kostov

Anyone trying to absolve Mourinho of any blame in this story, is laughable. You can question Martial's attitude as much as you want, any United fan with a bit of sense will tell you Jose handled the Alexis introduction pathetically. As a result we went out of the CL, and we unsettled our best attacking talent. Well done, I say.

Kag

It's funny to watch some of the rewriting of history on here. Bollocks about attitude based on facial expressions and (granted) poor off the ball movement.

Martial was very impressive up until the end of January. He was playing quite often and taking almost every substitute opportunity with a goal.

Pretending that he's played like a halfwit demeans debate entirely.

If he leaves we're weaker, less likely to score goals and the next poor sod that replaces him will greet the apathy and struggle to rise above the general malaise. Can't wait.

Jev

Can't blame him. Wherever he goes, he will prove to be a top-class talent.

He'll be the next in Mourinho's worryingly long line of world-class rejects. I'd rather keep Martial and see the back of Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.