Boycott Raiola

::sonny::

Is what suggest Mirabelli (ex AC Milan director of football), if Donnarumma doesn’t sign a new deal.

I think Utd should do the same for Pogba situation

Translated via Google
https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/ser...nnova-il-milan-deve-boicottare-raiola-1517925

If Donnarumma does not renew, Milan must boycott Raiola. "This was said by former Milan director Massimiliano Mirabelli, interviewed by Libero:" I don't understand how Milan got to this situation. Times are wrong, it is absurd to deal now.

The contract was renewed two seasons ago, he is the ABC of football. The Rossoneri have made a serious mistake.

When I had Gigio renewed, I took care of the deal down to the smallest detail. The goalkeeper published posts on social media and shortly after they were removed. Because? Simple, Raiola made him write them, I made him erase them.

The decisive moment of the negotiation was the final act. We were with Gigio, his family and his agents.

Raiola gets up and says: "Don't sign, we're leaving". As soon as the managers leave, Gigio takes the ballpoint pen and extends the contract. Without the presence of Mino ".

Mirabelli has his idea to solve the Donnarumma question "Raiola was good, he has already won by coming to this situation. He has the knife on the side of the handle, but if I were at Milan I would put his back against the wall. I would give him a nice speech, telling him that Gigio is an untouchable capital.

Or renews or Milan will no longer have Mino Raiola players in the squad. It takes courage, but in this situation it is the only way. And Milan must be respected. "

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I would like us to do this but would need to be a concerted effort among many clubs. Raiola is an octopus with his greasy fat tentacles in every orafice of the beautiful game.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Wasn't Milan utter crap and going nowhere at the time with Donnarumma being one of the hottest keepers around?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think we should either totally cut ties with him or else just go all in and take all his really good players and shut him up with stacks of cash. I’d probably go with not bothering with him anymore to be honest. Is any current player really worth this much hassle and the instability and negativity it inevitably brings? The Pogba pantomime has dragged on for years now at this stage. It’s beyond tiresome.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What would Milan do if one of their players decides to make Raiola his agent? Terminate his contract?

Counterfactual

Until the structuring of transfers changes, agents will always play their hand as best they can. If we boycott Raiola another name will take his place until the system changes.

gajender

Wasn't Milan utter crap and going nowhere at the time with Donnarumma being one of the hottest keepers around?
Agreed it's just this Ex Milan's director of football bragging about himself ,while according to his own narrative Donnorumma didn't listen to Raoila last time and signed an extension, so how would making ultimatem towards Raoila work if his client doesn't want to stay.

UpWithRivers

I never get the hate for Railoa. He is basically doing his job and his client is the players. Why does everyone think that he is the person in charge of Pogba and telling him what to do and say without Pogbas knowledge. Or Donnarumma or any other player. He is just the front man taking the sht for the players but its the players that are doing it. Yes probably with his advice. But if they players didnt want to be cnts then they would get a different agent. They dont. They want him to kick up sht to get them better contracts or to get a better club.
If you look at it from a different angle the clubs are controlling the player. Trying to tie him to a cheap deal for a long period. Raoila is trying to get the player the best deal at the best club for the player. If you start boycotting him then all you are doing is taking control away from the players with thier future and letting the clubs have total control. I dont like either way. I think there should be an independent organization with no ties to the transfers to manage all players and transfers. Done.

Last edited:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Agent does his job, clubs are unhappy. Player power has definitely increased over the last number of years and will continue to do so I think. Wenger called it - more and more players now see down their contract and entre the free market. Football is an entertainment business and is becoming more and more Americanised. Raiola is one of the leading football agents, boycotting him will make no difference as his clients will simply go to your Real Madrid and Barcelona et. al.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I never get the hate for Railoa. He is basically doing his job and his client is the players. Why does everyone think that he is the person in charge of Pogba and telling him what to do and say without Pogbas knowledge. Or Donnarumma or any other player. He is just the front man taking the sht for the players but its the players that are doing it. Yes probably with his advice. But if they players didnt want to be cnts then they would get a different agent. They dont. They want him to kick up sht to get them better contracts or to get a better club.

Agent does his job, clubs are unhappy. Player power has definitely increased over the last number of years and will continue to do so I think. Wenger called it - more and more players now see down their contract and entre the free market. Football is an entertainment business and is becoming more and more Americanised. Raiola is one of the leading football agents, boycotting him will make no difference as his clients will simply go to your Real Madrid and Barcelona et. al.
Destabilising clubs is not part of the Agents role, they are meant to work amicably to help the player. Not to burn bridges. How many times does this need to be repeated before someone else comes out with "oh but he's just doing his job".

SuperiorXI

Any club that deals with Raiola then complains about him I have no sympathy. You know what you're getting. I'd love it if United boycotted him but they won't.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Any club that deals with Raiola then complains about him I have no sympathy. You know what you're getting. I'd love it if United boycotted him but they won't.
This. You deal with Raiola you should know what to expect relative to other agents.

Any fall out is just deserved thereafter for being thick enough to entertain him.

KiD MoYeS

Destabilising clubs is not part of the Agents role, they are meant to work amicably to help the player. Not to burn bridges. How many times does this need to be repeated before someone else comes out with "oh but he's just doing his job".
He doesn't give a shit though, does he? That's clearly his style and it works for him. He attracts a lot of the biggest and best players in the world to employ him.

Cloud7

Until the structuring of transfers changes, agents will always play their hand as best they can. If we boycott Raiola another name will take his place until the system changes.
To be fair he is pretty unique. For example Mendes has probably the largest catalogue of players under his belt, and probably more high profile players than Raiola, but you rarely ever hear him mouthing off, or making a nuisance of himself, or scenarios like this.

SuperiorXI

This. You deal with Raiola you should know what to expect relative to other agents.

Any fall out is just deserved thereafter for being thick enough to entertain him.
Warning signs were all there for United so it's just simply stupidity and not learning lessons. Same player as well.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He doesn't give a shit though, does he? That's clearly his style and it works for him. He attracts a lot of the biggest and best players in the world to employ him.
When did I say he gave a shit? He doesn't and that's why he's dangerous and should be avoided.

I'm saying disrespecting clubs to the level he does, where he's literally trying to destablizie a dressing room to force a move, is not the actual job of an agent. They are not expected to work in their client interest at THAT level of an opportunity cost.

As for his influence, he's no thanos. I don't know why people have their heads up his arse. The most successful clubs in recent seasons are broadly Raiola free.

UpWithRivers

Who says its not his role. ANd define destabilzing. You arnt allowed to tell your player not sign? You arnt allowed to have free speech and talk at interviews? And again as I said all these actions are on behalf of the players. Its the players asking him to do it. He is not some mad man wondering around saying crazy sht. Its all calculated between him and the players. Im not saying I like it. Im saying thats how it works and you cant just boycott one person and not everyone else at fault or breaking fundamentals of law like saying we can boycott an agent because he did an interview. There is no law against this

KiD MoYeS

When did I say he gave a shit? I'm saying disrespecting clubs to the level he does, where he's literally trying to destablizie a dressing room to force a move, is not the actual job of an agent. They are not expected to work in their client interest at THAT level of an opportunity cost.

As for his influence, he's no thanos. I don't know why people have their heads up his arse. The most successful clubs in recent seasons are broadly Raiola free.
Yet the hottest property in world football right now is a Raiola client. Unfortunately sometimes you have to dance with the devil. Raiola acts in his clients best interest. This is the modern world of football, we need to stop lamenting the good old days of players like Scholes not even having an agent. The game is Americanised now and similar to American Football or Basketball in player power.

Smores

His job is defined by the players so yeah it is his job because that's why they go with him rather than a cheaper alternative.

Agents are just a useful mechanism for players to offload the blame because they're unwilling to take on the club directly. They're the ones who set this direction, the blame is with his players.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Yet the hottest property in world football right now is a Raiola client. Unfortunately sometimes you have to dance with the devil. Raiola acts in his clients best interest. This is the modern world of football, we need to stop lamenting the good old days of players like Scholes not even having an agent. The game is Americanised now and similar to American Football or Basketball in player power.
and like everything that gets americanised the game is worse for it.

RUCK4444

I said exactly this a few days ago. If two or three of the big clubs boycott him he is well and truly fecked.

Why would any elite talent sign up to an agent who guarantees you can’t play for a large proportion of possible suitors in Europe?

Im all for it. Surely it would also be grounds for current players who are tied to him to break their contracts if such a thing were to occur?

KiD MoYeS

and like everything that gets americanised the game is worse for it.
I agree with this point. Football has become gigantic in recent years, like bigger than it ever was, as an entertainment. But that's what it is nowadays - entertainment.

Water Melon

Pretty much this. And there will be more agents like Raiola around. You either get on with it or employ the best coaches for all age groups and turn your academy into a factory that produces Class '92 every 2-3 years.

Oranges038

He's probably right. Big clubs should get together and just not entertain the cnut. Players realise they won't get anywhere near them with him and will move onto to someone who is probably less of a cnut.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Yet the said player is still with Raiola. At what point do we start holding players responsible for their agent's behaviour?
If his player makes it categorically clear a behaviour is unacceptable, I am sure Raiola would get in line.
Players employ him because they want him to act this way.
He is doing his job. Clubs have to make a decision whether they want to put up with it ot not.

KiD MoYeS

He's probably right. Big clubs should get together and just not entertain the cnut. Players realise they won't get anywhere near them with him and will move onto to someone who is probably less of a cnut.
It would be fantastic if every single club agreed to boycotting Raiola but it just isn't happening. This is an issue with the modern game and not just Raiola.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yet the said player is still with Raiola. At what point do we start holding players responsible for their agent's behaviour?
If his player makes it categorically clear a behaviour is unacceptable, I am sure Raiola would get in line.
Players employ him because they want him to act this way.
He is doing his job. Clubs have to make a decision whether they want to put up with it ot not.
And they just extended a contract with one of his other clients.

jackal&hyde

Exactly. Plenty of players out there with superb contracts that we don't even know who their agents are.

He talks the way he does not because his players want him to, but because he is a megalomaniac that loves attention. No player wants to end up being disliked by half the fan base because of his agents attitude the way Pogba is. He is effective yes, but others are too without all the circus. He acts like he owns them imo rather then represent them.

Sylar

I would like us to do this but would need to be a concerted effort among many clubs. Raiola is an octopus with his greasy fat tentacles in every orafice of the beautiful game.
Imagine all the top teams make a pact and agree to boycott him and his players, forcing the players to stop ties with him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Who says its not his role. ANd define destabilzing. You arnt allowed to tell your player not sign? You arnt allowed to have free speech and talk at interviews? And again as I said all these actions are on behalf of the players. Its the players asking him to do it. He is not some mad man wondering around saying crazy sht. Its all calculated between him and the players. Im not saying I like it. Im saying thats how it works and you cant just boycott one person and not everyone else at fault or breaking fundamentals of law like saying we can boycott an agent because he did an interview. There is no law against this
You really want to get into this? Firstly, he is acting against the grain generally expected for agents - that's the first hint. Second, his outspoken nature obviously rubs key stakeholders the wrong way and causes an issue from a relationship standpoint - that's the second hint.

I also can't really fathom why you're asking me to "define destabilizing" but I suggest you pull up Raiola's timing of quotes regarding Pogba and our club in the past year and research for yourself.

And I disagree on him being crazy because, I genuinely think Raiola's influence has now gotten to the head. Saying things like "I don't give a feck if I never deal with Man Utd" is not a reflection of someone who is capable of creating a stable relationship with clubs, which is actually imperative in the agent domain. It's not because I'm a Man Utd supporter, but it's simple logic not to claim one is unaffected if they never deal with the biggest club in the world.

Regarding your point about legality, I never said what he did is "illegal". I said that the shit he does to achieve the end goal is not in the expected remit of being an agent, so it's not just "him doing his job".
Mbappe is the hottest property in the world, and Haaland is only spoken about right now because he has a release clause. You can talk all you want about "hot properties" but Raiola isn't the agent of Bellingham or Sancho or Neymar or Mbappe or Van Dijk or KDB or Bruno or Rashford etc. His big names include Pogba, Haaland and De Ligt. That's about it, he doesn't have some sort of monopoly or duopoly on the best talent, so I'm not sure why you're insinuating as such.

And no, it isn't the modern world of football. You are literally talking out of your arse at this stage, because you're saying "it's the Raiola way or no agent at all", which is quite clearly not what I'm saying. I never said agents shouldn't exist, I'm saying Raiola takes the piss and there is a reason the successful clubs that have built for long term stability are generally Raiola free. So much for your "modern world" in that context. I wonder if you think Bayern Munich for example operate in the dark ages? They might well have dealt with Raiola in the past at some random stage, but never would they tolerate shithousery from an agent to that level, and are better than to be drawn into a saga with him. In fact they ruled out Haaland a few days ago which saves hassle.

His job is defined by the players so yeah it is his job because that's why they go with him rather than a cheaper alternative.

Agents are just a useful mechanism for players to offload the blame because they're unwilling to take on the club directly. They're the ones who set this direction, the blame is with his players.
I agree players take responsibility for having him as an agent, but there is a means to an end. The means to which he achieves the end goal is not normal and it's not really sustainable either, which is why a few big clubs seemingly deal very rarely, if at all with him.

Last edited:

::sonny::

I said exactly this a few days ago. If two or three of the big clubs boycott him he is well and truly fecked.

Why would any elite talent sign up to an agent who guarantees you can’t play for a large proportion of possible suitors in Europe?

Im all for it. Surely it would also be grounds for current players who are tied to him to break their contracts if such a thing were to occur?
Raiola said he know there is that risk.

If Donnarumma and Pogba leave as a free agents, I think Milan and United will stop to deal with Raiola for others players at least for 10 yrs...

Reyoji-Utd

If you look at it from a different angle the clubs are controlling the player. Trying to tie him to a cheap deal for a long period. Raoila is trying to get the player the best deal at the best club for the player. If you start boycotting him then all you are doing is taking control away from the players with thier future and letting the clubs have total control. I dont like either way. I think there should be an independent organization with no ties to the transfers to manage all players and transfers. Done.
True. Most posters are hating him because they are mostly using their judgement base on being the fan of the club. Being the fan of the beautiful game and the players should always trying their best to work for the club in any situation.
Its our own beautiful imagination as the fan of the club that if we get the chance to play for the club we would do it even without pay. But when i times come i wonder we would think thrice to the matter.
The beautiful game is no longer pure anymore. Its being diluted and are run as a businese from the top down. Its no longer the game that we think of since 2000s when the money is pouring in the game. Its not like in the 90s with the older generation of players that are attached to the clubs, history, fans.
You cant say players and agents shouldnt try their best to get the most they can when the clubs, fifa, uefa are making millions and millions off of the game and palyers. It needs to be balance. We say players are greedy and being used by agents but its just businese as usual. You know most players needs agents to look after them with almost eveerything.
Its a game of 2 parties. Both parties wants to win. Its best to get to win win situation but if not then you cant go and say agents are doing wrong in trying to get their clients the best they can.
Every parties are there to make money now so just let the club emplyees do their job and if they cant get the better of the other then its on their head. Everyone has his or her own job and position. Agents are there for the players not to bow down to us fans and clubs.

KiD MoYeS

Mbappe is the hottest property in the world, and Haaland is only spoken about right now because he has a release clause. You can talk all you want about "hot properties" but Raiola isn't the agent of Bellingham or Sancho or Neymar or Mbappe or Van Dijk or KDB etc.

And no, it isn't the modern world of football. You are literally talking out of your arse at this stage, because you're saying "it's the Raiola way or no agent at all", which is quite clearly not what I'm saying. I never said agents shouldn't exist, I'm saying Raiola takes the piss and there is a reason the successful clubs that have built for long term stability are generally Raiola free. So much for your "modern world" in that context. I wonder if you think Bayern Munich for example operate in the dark ages :lol: They might well have dealt with Raiola in the past but never would they tolerate shithousery from an agent to that level, and are better than to be drawn into a saga with him.
You clearly feel very strongly about Raiola, which is kind of weird.

Anyway, my point still stands - player power has increased significantly over recent years, young kids talk about Neymar and not PSG, Haaland and not Dortmund. This is clearly a very different football landscape to what I knew growing up when clubs were what kids dreamed of. It is Americanised. Player power is stronger, resulting in agents like Raiola becoming stronger. All legitimate and completely fair points. But yeah, I'm talking out my arse.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You clearly feel very strongly about Raiola, which is kind of weird.

Anyway, my point still stands - player power has increased significantly over recent years, young kids talk about Neymar and not PSG, Haaland and not Dortmund. This is clearly a very different football landscape to what I knew growing up when clubs were what kids dreamed of. It is Americanised. Player power is stronger, resulting in agents like Raiola becoming stronger. All legitimate and completely fair points. But yeah, I'm talking out my arse.
I feel strongly about us not needing to deal with him yes. Because it's a lot of financial resources and strain that goes into managing a relationship that isn't worth it.

And your point doesn't stand because I'm talking about how clubs can very easily boycott Raiola, and yours is on some tangent that isn't related to him taking a piss. No one denied player power is bigger now, that's obvious. I don't know why you're talking about "americanized" game - I don't see the Champions of Europe looking Americanized and I don't see City looking the same. I don't see Liverpool like that either. Also I'm not sure how that's relevant to Raiola even remotely.

You can have a powerful player who goes about his business re. contractual terms or club exits in a far more amicable manner than what Raiola does on behalf of his talent. That's my point.