Boycott Raiola

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I feel strongly about us not needing to deal with him yes. Because it's a lot of financial resources and strain that goes into managing a relationship that isn't worth it.

And your point doesn't stand because I'm talking about how clubs can very easily boycott Raiola, and yours is on some tangent that isn't related to him taking a piss. No one denied player power is bigger now, I'm not sure how that's relevant to Raiola even remotely.

You can have a powerful player who goes about his business in contractual terms or club exits in a far more amicable manner than what Raiola does on behalf of his talent. That's my point.
Well of course you can, nobody is denying that at all. But you also need to accept some players will want to work with Raiola because of the work he does. He gets mega money for his clients and gets the move for them they want more times than not. Remember him throwing chairs in the boardroom to get Mkhitaryan to Manchester United? Nobody was complaining about him here then. I would love if United stopped working with Raiola, I don't want to touch Haaland with a barge poll but come on - it's no longer the 1990s.

gazbradley

Most big teams seem to avoid him for big players anyway. I could be wrong but does he represent anyone from Bayern, Barca, Real, City, Liverpool all have had success without using him so shows it’s easily done without suffering. Obviously their success isn’t down to not using him but he is the last person you want representing your player when you aren’t winning trophies

RUCK4444

Raiola said he know there is that risk.

If Donnarumma and Pogba leave as a free agents, I think Milan and United will stop to deal with Raiola for others players at least for 10 yrs...
I think it’s well overdue, especially with clubs so badly effected financially by Covid, it’s in their collective interest to create a fairer playing field and avoid the hassle and massive fees this leach creates.

As soon as there’s a whiff of clubs collectively boycotting him new potential clients of his will be steered away from him.

Perez was always influential but never created this amount of verbal negativity and disrespect for clubs. I mean his claims that he ‘doesn’t give a f*ck if he never deals with United again’ are a disgrace, then falling out and isolating himself from dealing with influential managers like Pep. It’s mental and totally unacceptable.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'd boycott him personally. If several of the bigger clubs did this his revenue stream would get hit and thus players who actually give a shit on where they end up would stop going to him. It's not something that happens over night and it would hurt us short term, but feck this guy. Sooner clubs take a stand against that kind of behaviour the better.

Giggsy13

He’s a fat prick and nature will take care of him soon without the clubs having to boycott him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well of course you can, nobody is denying that at all. But you also need to accept some players will want to work with Raiola because of the work he does. He gets mega money for his clients and gets the move for them they want more times than not. Remember him throwing chairs in the boardroom to get Mkhitaryan to Manchester United? Nobody was complaining about him here then. I would love if United stopped working with Raiola, I don't want to touch Haaland with a barge poll but come on - it's no longer the 1990s.
I think you've misconstrued what my point is here, I'm not saying players shouldn't have Raiola as an agent. I don't support players so I really don't give a shit about what they do. Especially when Raiola's clients are insignificant relative to the alternative talents available. I only support Manchester United, so my concern is with the club dealing with him.

Players can choose freely who to have as their spokesperson, but we should be well within our rights to avoid dealing with him. There are many routes to the top of the mountain and signing Erling Haaland isn't the only one. I don't know where you thought I was having a 1990 school of thought, as I've said quite a few times now there are clubs with better approaches to their transfer model which has brought tremendous success in 2018/2019/2020 etc. and none of them involve Mino Raiola. I don't find this to be a coincidence, but rather a conscious decision to ensure transfers are brought within a certain infrastructure that filters out dealing with cnuts like Raiola.

Infra-red

I think our relationship with him might be over, anyway. Pogba will be off in a couple of months and Lingard has switched agents - that means we won't have any Raiola players left on our books by the end of the summer.

I don't see how Milan can cut loose of him, though - even if they let Donnarumma go, they still have Zlatan and club captain Romagnoli represented by the fat slug.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I think you've misconstrued what my point is here, I'm not saying players shouldn't have Raiola as an agent. I don't support players so I really don't give a shit about what they do. Especially when Raiola's clients are insignificant relative to the alternative talents available. I only support Manchester United, so my concern is with the club dealing with him.

Players can choose freely who to have as their spokesperson, but we should be well within our rights to avoid dealing with him. There are many routes to the top of the mountain and signing Erling Haaland isn't the only one. I don't know where you thought I was having a 1990 school of thought, as I've said quite a few times now there are clubs with better approaches to their transfer model which has brought tremendous success in 2018/2019/2020 etc. and none of them involve Mino Raiola. I don't find this to be a coincidence, but rather a conscious decision to ensure transfers are brought within a certain infrastructure that filters out dealing with cnuts like Raiola.
I would expect Man Utd to have no Raiola clients within the next year or so and I would expect that Murtough and Fletcher will avoid dealing with him in the future so he will no longer be a headache for the club.

People get very personally invested in Raiola and are personally insulted by his comments and general circus, its probably the same people personally insulted by Dortmund tweets. He is really not as big a deal as some make out. He has some great players that hire him and will continue to do so. I still think more and more players will enter the free market now which will result in higher agent signing on fees probably resulting in more Raiola types.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Mino just causes problems. It feels as though he wants his clients to move around so he can get his cut. He does absolutely nothing for the game. It is all about him and his ability to control people. Agents are basically destroying the game. They take enthusiastic, promising youngsters and turn them into over-entitled let-downs. I think it is about time that Fifa/ Uefa/whoever set up an transfer dept within every countries FA. If a player wants to move he gets an FA appointed agent and the FA charge a flat fee of say 5%.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’ll never happen.
Madrid or someone else will sneak and do deals with him when everyone else is making a stance

UpWithRivers

You really want to get into this? Firstly, he is acting against the grain generally expected for agents - that's the first hint. Second, his outspoken nature obviously rubs key stakeholders the wrong way and causes an issue from a relationship standpoint - that's the second hint.

I also can't really fathom why you're asking me to "define destabilizing" but I suggest you pull up Raiola's timing of quotes regarding Pogba and our club in the past year and research for yourself.

And I disagree on him being crazy because, I genuinely think Raiola's influence has now gotten to the head. Saying things like "I don't give a feck if I never deal with Man Utd" is not a reflection of someone who is capable of creating a stable relationship with clubs, which is actually imperative in the agent domain. It's not because I'm a Man Utd supporter, but it's simple logic not to claim one is unaffected if they never deal with the biggest club in the world.

Regarding your point about legality, I never said what he did is "illegal". I said that the shit he does to achieve the end goal is not in the expected remit of being an agent, so it's not just "him doing his job".
I agree with everything you say.....as a fan. But in reality its nothing to do with us. Its business. And in the world of business all of your points are irrelevant. For example - He has can go out and say anything he wants about Man Utd. Thats his right. As a United fan I want to punch him in the face. But I just cant go around silencing everyone that says things against United. Thats going down the road of dictatorships. And clubs being allowed to do what they want and silencing agents and defining what they can and cant say is just wrong. I agree the whole mess of football should be better. But the answer is not dictatorship.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I would expect Man Utd to have no Raiola clients within the next year or so and I would expect that Murtough and Fletcher will avoid dealing with him in the future so he will no longer be a headache for the club.

People get very personally invested in Raiola and are personally insulted by his comments and general circus, its probably the same people personally insulted by Dortmund tweets. He is really not as big a deal as some make out. He has some great players that hire him and will continue to do so. I still think more and more players will enter the free market now which will result in higher agent signing on fees probably resulting in more Raiola types.
I never once really said I was taking it personally, or insinuating that by the way.

I just say that we should stop dealing with him, and my initial quote to you was to say that he's not "just doing his job". It's nothing personal, it's just a "if you want to act like billy big bollocks, you can feck off".

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I agree with everything you say.....as a fan. But in reality its nothing to do with us. Its business. And in the world of business all of your points are irrelevant. For example - He has can go out and say anything he wants about Man Utd. Thats his right. As a United fan I want to punch him in the face. But I just cant go around silencing everyone that says things against United. Thats going down the road of dictatorships. And clubs being allowed to do what they want and silencing agents and defining what they can and cant say is just wrong. I agree the whole mess of football should be better. But the answer is not dictatorship.
I don't think you understand, it's not business to burn bridges with key stakeholders and it's not sustainable either. That's why in this very thread, a club with rich history is threatening to boycott him. It's why very successful clubs of late also have never really dealt with him, and it's why even we would think twice before dealing with him.

That's not the way business is conducted, at all. It's not that I'm offended at how he speaks ill of the club. It's more that we as a business should know better than to entertain his demands because it's economically not viable to do so.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s disgusting and is already well on his way to turning Haaland into a dick (though he’s always seemed like one, a bit like his dad). Them parading him around mid-season while he’s at Borussia Dortmund is a massive lack of respect.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Mino just causes problems. It feels as though he wants his clients to move around so he can get his cut. He does absolutely nothing for the game. It is all about him and his ability to control people. Agents are basically destroying the game. They take enthusiastic, promising youngsters and turn them into over-entitled let-downs. I think it is about time that Fifa/ Uefa/whoever set up an transfer dept within every countries FA. If a player wants to move he gets an FA appointed agent and the FA charge a flat fee of say 5%.
Its interesting that his players at clubs that are winning tend not to have issues

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s disgusting and is already well on his way to turning Haaland into a dick (though he’s always seemed like one, a bit like his dad). Them parading him around mid-season while he’s at Borussia Dortmund is a massive lack of respect.
On the eve of their biggest match of the season too. He might be a good friend and agent to the players but he’s an arsehole to the clubs who pay their wages

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
On the eve of their biggest match of the season too. He might be a good friend and agent to the players but he’s an arsehole to the clubs who pay their wages
As are most clubs

::sonny::

I think our relationship with him might be over, anyway. Pogba will be off in a couple of months and Lingard has switched agents - that means we won't have any Raiola players left on our books by the end of the summer.

I don't see how Milan can cut loose of him, though - even if they let Donnarumma go, they still have Zlatan and club captain Romagnoli represented by the fat slug.
Romagnoli seems to leave AC Milan, bad season, the contract expires next year, he asked for the new contract something like 6/8 million euro/year...

shahzy

I'd be all for not buying any of his players. Don't care who the player is. Yes, including Haaland.

Matriac

Imagine all the top teams make a pact and agree to boycott him and his players, forcing the players to stop ties with him.
I know Mino is Italian, but I don't think the clubs want to be charged for Mafia-like conduct.

Individual clubs can decide for themselves who they want to do business with, but if there is any trace of a collaborated effort to boycott someone then they can get in big trouble.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

If Raiola feels his client isn't given the right amount of money or chance to succeed, can you blame him for going that extra line to get that?

He is basically a small union, making a fuss whenever he feels his client isn't payed or treated the right way. That's why he can attract these kind of players. He is willing to make a fool of himself for the betterment of his clients, while pocketing a nice fat paycheck himself of course.

I'm not sure how loyal 9-5 workers are on average if something better comes around or you feel that your work isn't rewarded enough, why would football players be any different?

Not sure where i stand myself, but i can see why you would hire him to represent you if football is work to you and loyalty to your club is down the list.

SuperiorXI

This is not new, he pulled similar shit with us before arguably the most important game in our season (which we coincidentally went on to lose).

Ali Dia

This is not new, he pulled similar shit with us before arguably the most important game in our season (which we coincidentally went on to lose).
that’s what I was saying. You can get your player a better contract surely if they go through and he plays really well? How is any of this going to focus the player on the job at hand? It’s just the reductive psychology of modern celebrity and branding. I actually hate it. I don’t care what they do in the summer window, throw all the chairs and give all the scathing interviews you want. The players only have one career after all but by the same token isn’t it pure shitty on the rest of the players and management (their friends and colleagues) to do something like that when they are all just trying to do their jobs and get ahead in an already pressurised situation.

Last edited:

Champagne Football

Definitely boycott him. Otherwise you'll have another Wolves/Mendes situation where Raiola becomes owner of a midtable club like Wolves and uses them as a feeder club to ship on all his young players once their value hits over the 100 million mark.

I said exactly this a few days ago. If two or three of the big clubs boycott him he is well and truly fecked.

Why would any elite talent sign up to an agent who guarantees you can’t play for a large proportion of possible suitors in Europe?

Im all for it. Surely it would also be grounds for current players who are tied to him to break their contracts if such a thing were to occur?
Great in theory, but there’s no way the big clubs could keep to a pact like that. Good players are scarce, and it would take very little for a club to deal with him as soon as they need the type of player that he has.

Raiola said he know there is that risk.

If Donnarumma and Pogba leave as a free agents, I think Milan and United will stop to deal with Raiola for others players at least for 10 yrs...
Like we did last time Pogba left. What if we sign Donnarumma? Clubs will protest, until the next time they buy a player.

Ali Dia

Definitely boycott him. Otherwise you'll have another Wolves/Mendes situation where Raiola becomes owner of a midtable club like Wolves and uses them as a feeder club to ship on all his young players once their value hits over the 100 million mark.
i was wondering about this. They haven’t really sold anyone for big money at all? Maybe they are just looking to develop players there and sell the club down the road instead?

Superden

what's he done that's actually wrong, or something no other agent does? he just does it better and with higher profile players. and clubs have no loyalty towards players / managers so they ain't got a leg to stand on.

this idea that a successful team can be destabilized by an interview in some far flung corner of the world is just 24 hour sports news cycle filler.

Superden

ie like the vast majority or transfers. sporting reasons are normally way down the list when it comes to player transfers. the list consisting of how much is to be made by the player, his entourage, the clubs and their backers.

Ali Dia

what's he done that's actually wrong, or something no other agent does? he just does it better and with higher profile players. and clubs have no loyalty towards players / managers so they ain't got a leg to stand on.

this idea that a successful team can be destabilized by an interview in some far flung corner of the world is just 24 hour sports news cycle filler.
Its not an interview though. He’s gone one better and had a full on tour of prospective clubs while they are in the knockouts of the CL against a really tough opponent. Literally crunch time. It’s just playing really dirty. Dortmund have also briefed that they don’t want to sell this summer so you can imagine Minos antics were about as welcome at Dortmund as they were when he did the same thing with Pogba when we were plying RBL.

Superden

Its not an interview though. He’s gone one better and had a full on tour of prospective clubs while they are in the knockouts of the CL against a really tough opponent. Literally crunch time. It’s just playing really dirty. Dortmund have also briefed that they don’t want to sell this summer so you can imagine Minos antics were about as welcome at Dortmund as they were when he did the same thing with Pogba when we were plying RBL.
do you really think Dortmund would be gutted if the agent gets Haaland sold for 120millon+ this summer through kicking up this circus? they would much rather let him go next summer for half that? An agent whos tactics and behavior got them Haaland in the first place?

Ali Dia

do you really think Dortmund would be gutted if the agent gets Haaland sold for 120millon+ this summer through kicking up this circus? they would much rather let him go next summer for half that? An agent whos tactics and behavior got them Haaland in the first place?
Yes? i would assume they put the clause in the contract so it would be honoured by both sides? I would imagine Dortmund would rather no circus, a season extra of haaland hopefully with some added success and then sell him on for 3 times what they paid for him. I reckon either mino got greedy or haaland has got itchy feet (or both) because of the looming prospect of no CL. I’m 99.9% sure that no organisation welcomes this kind of thing when they are preparing for a one off knockout game in the biggest football competition in the world. He could have left it till the end of the season or traveled to meet execs in secret at neutral location anywhere in the world. It was just a total PR stunt at Dortmund’s expense.

RUCK4444

Great in theory, but there’s no way the big clubs could keep to a pact like that. Good players are scarce, and it would take very little for a club to deal with him as soon as they need the type of player that he has.
Perhaps the terms of the boycott would be based on not signing players who contracted themselves to Raiola after a fixed date (April 2021 for example.)
That way the players he has now are fair game but going forward he’s fecked.

As soon as any boycott is arranged you can be confident he would lose many of his clients overnight and the players who want to move to a club that’s participating in the boycott would do so via another agent.

To be honest I think it could be hard to avoid clubs breaking the boycott to sign a player but at the end of the day it’s in their interest to worm out leaches like him, so it’s to the long term benefit of all clubs, especially the big boys who have to spend multi-millions on his fees for top players and deal with his bullsh*t.

Superden

Yes? i would assume they put the clause in the contract so it would be honoured by both sides? I would imagine Dortmund would rather no circus, a season extra of haaland hopefully with some added success and then sell him on for 3 times what they paid for him. I reckon either mino got greedy or haaland has got itchy feet (or both) because of the looming prospect of no CL. I’m 99.9% sure that no organisation welcomes this kind of thing when they are preparing for a one off knockout game in the biggest football competition in the world. He could have left it till the end of the season or traveled to meet execs in secret at neutral location anywhere in the world. It was just a total PR stunt at Dortmund’s expense.
So basically they will take a 60million plus charge to have Haaland for more season? Do you honestly believe the dortmund hierarchy are surprised at Raiolas antics? Or even dissapointed? Seriously think having only just got beat by city last night, that it wasn't for Raiola they would have performed even better?

Ali Dia

So basically they will take a 60million plus charge to have Haaland for more season? Do you honestly believe the dortmund hierarchy are surprised at Raiolas antics? Or even dissapointed? Seriously think having only just got beat by city last night, that it wasn't for Raiola they would have performed even better?
ya. I think the margins actually are that fine in top level sport. Preparation is key. They were already underdogs, why add any more pressure, distractions or attention to their camp? You don’t have to agree but everyone is here because of football and the CL is the pinnacle of the game. Not celebrity or players contracts. I would imagine some clubs are already considering pulling out of the race for Haaland because of what’s gone on. If he can do it to Dortmund and Utd before important games there’s no reason he won’t do it again to these players new clubs.I don’t think any player is really worth that drama. It’s totally unprofessional.

The Bild against Raiola "using dirty tricks" to force Dortmund to sell Haaland

Raiola reached an agreement with Juve to bring Donnarumma, free agent (20 million commission)

Last edited:

M Bison

Supports
York City
Just reading the comments about Haaland and Raiola threatening to take him to Bayern at the end of next season.

No idea whether true or not but if it is, surely it’s only a matter of time before clubs refuse to deal with him, irrespective of which players he’s acting for?

It’s daylight robbery and makes a mockery of the player them self, if I was Haaland and read that, I’d be livid!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Just reading the comments about Haaland and Raiola threatening to take him to Bayern at the end of next season.

No idea whether true or not but if it is, surely it’s only a matter of time before clubs refuse to deal with him, irrespective of which players he’s acting for?

It’s daylight robbery and makes a mockery of the player them self, if I was Haaland and read that, I’d be livid!
I think it'll come to a head as clubs have less money and the constant threats from him about moving players will mean clubs will begin to refuse to deal with him.