Brady

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I like him alot, sadly he's got that 'nutter' defect. I think he's going to be a very good player. He can take on his man, he's got good feet, good overall ability and he's can strike a ball. However, he can be rash/reckless. He's very strong in the tackle, very committed. I'd like to see him go out on loan and get a run of games under his belt. I wish trap would pick him and william keane :cool: C'mon William :(

jeston

I like him. Bit of a poor temperament sometimes. Likes a strong challenge. Fantastic left foot. Generally played on the left wing for the Youth teams but has moved inside as a more advanced CM this season. I'm sure he'll be in the Ireland team soon, and hopefully he'll get a full season out on loan, which I think would do him wonders.

68-99-08

If he gets a good injury-free loan spell next spell and has a successful campaign, a la Cleverley, there's no reason to believe he couldn't make the step up to the Premiership the following year whether that be intermittent games with United or another loan spell with a West Brom/Sunderland. Most important stage in development is the next couple of years for him.

As it's been mentioned he can be a bit of a loose cannon at times but wouldn't personally mind seeing someone of his type in our midfield at the minute, fire in the belly and all that.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Fergie did mention that there were "a couple" of players who were very talented but "emotional" a little while ago, Morrison was obviously one and I'd wondered if Brady was the other. Always impresses me when I see him and he stood out in the Milk Cup a year or two back. Hoping he's amongst a few that see some action in the cups next year.

datura

Fergie did mention that there were "a couple" of players who were very talented but "emotional" a little while ago, Morrison was obviously one and I'd wondered if Brady was the other. Always impresses me when I see him and he stood out in the Milk Cup a year or two back. Hoping he's amongst a few that see some action in the cups next year.
My guess was Pogba being the other one. Brady just has a dirty streak like Scholes.

Ubik

Hmm, never thought of Pogba but I guess you could be right.

Decotron

Great shot on him, more so than even Gibson imo. Finished top scorer in the milk cup a few years back. I think his future is in the middle and have done for a while now. He has the pace and touch to play out wide but I think he gets easily frustrated out there. In the centre he gets more involved. Tends to try too hard sometimes. Hopefully his patience will improve. He reminds me of Rooney in that respect.

PS18

My guess was Pogba being the other one. Brady just has a dirty streak like Scholes.
I thought Pogba too, but Brady not a bad shout. Remember him crying in the Milk Cup after missing a pen and then going mental when he later scored the winner, and he can get quite wound up with himself when things aren't going his/our way.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm not sure the "emotional" description applies to Morrison.

He's got one silly red card afaik but generally seems to stay fairly calm on the pitch. You don't see him leaping into crazy tackles or having running battles with the ref/opposition. Bit of a cheeky sod, possibly, but rarely loses the run of himself.

Raulduke

Great shot on him, more so than even Gibson imo. Finished top scorer in the milk cup a few years back. I think his future is in the middle and have done for a while now. He has the pace and touch to play out wide but I think he gets easily frustrated out there. In the centre he gets more involved. Tends to try too hard sometimes. Hopefully his patience will improve. He reminds me of Rooney in that respect.
I can see where you're coming from, also he isn't just quick but a very strong runner too in a similar way to Rooney too.

Decotron

I'm not sure the "emotional" description applies to Morrison.

He's got one silly red card afaik but generally seems to stay fairly calm on the pitch. You don't see him leaping into crazy tackles or having running battles with the ref/opposition. Bit of a cheeky sod, possibly, but rarely loses the run of himself.

I think Morrison has matured considerably in that regard. Even 12 months ago its was common to see him in a running verbal battle with the opposition (ala Savage on Taarbt last night)

Ubik

I actually agree with regards to in-match stuff, I remember in the cup match against Liverpool there were a couple of moments where you might've expected an outburst, once when there was a dodgy ref decision (ended up just rolling his eyes and getting on with it) and another when a Liverpool player (might've been Flanagan actually) did a bad challenge on him then kicked out, clearly thought about belting him but kept control. I just figured Fergie might be referring to him due to all the off-pitch stuff.

Never minded a player having a temper though, as long as it can be focused into a will to win rather than just going mental.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Seems to be forgotten about in the last few weeks.

Does he still have a chance to make it or have Tunni and Pogba stepped up?

datura

They are not really competing for the same positions at the moment. Brady is predominantly left sided, whereas the other 2 are centre mids.

I would imagine he'd be looking towards a loan deal next season and then assess where he is.

Heffo

Great to see Ireland u-19's qualified for the u-19 European Championships today by beating Italy 3-0. Looking through the match reports it seems there was no Ireland players involved in any of the Elite round games. Brady was selected in the squad but I can't see what the reason for him pulling out was anywhere. McGinty wasn't involved due to "club commitments" which I assume was the FA Youth Cup final. So considering Michael Keane and Joe Coll could get places in that squad as well barring injury United could have 4 players in the Ireland squad.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Apparently going to Hull City for 6month loan
Twitter rumor, so don't kill me if it's wrong.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
According to Denis Irwin in a recent article (Sunday World) he is supposed to be playing for us in the Carling Cup this season, he also had a lot of praise for him. Reckons he will make it at Utd.

Decotron

Think i read Mujac saying he has one of best left feet he's seen at the club in the 10-15 years. Thats as good a compliment Ive heard about the lad....Not sure I want him to go on loan just yet though...

GIT Z RED

heard on tv3 here in ireland that the u 19 manager rang him 10 times and he didnt reply to him so hes not getting selected for the irish team until he says sorry to the team!

Ringo 07

I heard through the grapevine that he is is highly rated but loves to go out and get hammered when he is back home with his mates! Shame all footballers cant be as pro as the likes of Ronaldo

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I heard through the grapevine that he is is highly rated but loves to go out and get hammered when he is back home with his mates! Shame all footballers cant be as pro as the likes of Ronaldo
they are young and do stupid things, as did Ronaldo when he organised pool parties with hookers etc etc

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Hull are closing in on a deal for Manchester United starlet Robbie Brady

Hull City have enquired about taking the Irish winger on loan as they look to bolster their squad for the new Championship season.

The Republic of Ireland Under 21 international is highly-rated at Old Trafford and is a regular in the reserve side.

United are believed to be willing to loan out Brady so that he can continue his development and get some first-team action under his belt.
So C.Evans, Chester, Stewart, Dudgeon & McShane are already there and Devlin & Brady will probably follow them to Hull United.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Apparently going to Hull City for 6month loan
Twitter rumor, so don't kill me if it's wrong.
Twitter got something right.

Cold_Boy

So how highly rated or good is he?

Good enough to make it at United?At least has a good chance?

Decotron

Offical Match Report.......

Republic of Ireland Under-21 2-1 Austria Under-21
Robert Brady 72, 90+1 pen Raphael Holzhauser 68

The Republic of Ireland Under-21s warmed up for the upcoming UEFA Championship qualifiers by coming from behind to defeat Austria at the Showgrounds in Sligo tonight (Tuesday).

While Ireland showed the more attacking force, they slipped behind on 68 minutes but battled back to triumph courtesy of a Robert Brady brace. He headed the equaliser on 72minutes before slamming home a stoppage-time penalty.

Noel King's side open their qualifying series by hosting Hungary on September 1, also in Sligo, and this encounter marked the final warm-up before the competitive series.

There was much anticipation in the crowd about the appearance of Manchester United's Robbie Brady, who made his full debut last Friday for on-loan club Hull City in the English Championship.

Just three minutes had elapsed when Brady sold his full-back a dummy and fired a left-foot shot which Austria goalkeeper Heinz Lindner turned around the post for a corner.

Leeds United winger Aidan White, one of two Under-21 debutants in King's starting line-up, almost profited from one of Brady's surging runs shortly after only for Lindner to advance and gather the low right-wing delivery.

Plenty of running was required of Ireland's lone striker Aaron Doran in the opening 45 minutes and the Inverness attacker nearly got his reward four minutes before the break when he turned his marker and drove a shot off the crossbar.

The Irish defence were rarely threatened in the first half, aside from a couple of hesitant moments by Ireland goalkeeper Ian McLoughlin.

A mix between the recently-signed MK Dons stopper and Gavin Gunning was seized upon Stefan Hierlander yet he couldn't finish from the edge of the box.

King changed things by introducing five substitutes at the break and Brady remained the most dangerous of Ireland's outlets.

Five minutes after the restart, the Dubliner embarked on a dribble from his own penalty area which was only thwarted a last-ditch block eight yards out.

With Ireland seemingly in control, they were hit by an Austrian opener following the award of a debatable bious free-kick on 68 minutes.

Mark Connolly appeared to make a clean tackle on substitute Christoph Kropfl but a free-kick awarded by Referee Arnold Hunter enabled VfB Stuttgart first-teamer Raphael Holzhauser to curl his effort around the defensive wall and past goalkeeper Aaron McCarey who had come on at the interval.

The Irish required some impetus and it arrived four minutes later. Brady fed White on the left and ghosted into the box to meet the winger's cross with his head and guide it into the top corner.

It looked like Austria would nick it two minute from full-time as substitute Dario Tadic was presented with an open goal from a rebound but he scuffed wide.

Ireland responded with their last attack and when Michael Holzmann tripped Brady as he veered towards goal, the same player dusted himself down to convert from twelve yards by sending Lindler the wrong way.

Rep of Ireland: McLoughlin (MK Dons); Connolly (Bolton), Kiernan (Wigan Athletic), Canavan (Scunthorpe United), Gunning (Blackburn Rovers); Clifford (Chelsea), Towell (Celtic), Hendrick (Derby County); Brady (Hull City), Doran (Inverness CT), White (Leeds United).
Subs: McCarey (Wolves) for McLoughlin, Oyebanjo (York City) for Canavan, Mason (Cardiff City) for Clifford, Stevens (Shamrock Rovers) for Gunning, Duffy (Everton) for Hendrick (all 46 mins), Greene (Sligo Rovers) for White (73 mins), Kearns (Dundalk) for Doran (80 mins)

Austria: Lindner; Zwierschitz, Karner, Hinteregger, Hart; Hierlander, Holzhauser, Hopfer, Drazan; Schwab, Elsneg.
Subs: Tadic for Schwab, Schopf for Hopfer (both 46 mins), Gregoritsch for Drazan, Kropfl for Elsneg (63 mins), Holzmann for Zwierschitz, Sollbauer for Karner (75 mins)

Referee: Arnold Hunter (Northern Ireland).

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
So how highly rated or good is he?

Good enough to make it at United?At least has a good chance?
Well, mr mujac says he will make it here barring bad luck, and thats the first time ive ever seen him stick his neck out about an individual player. If the lad's good enough for the most experienced and knowledgeable follower of the youth teams that's enough to convince me.

Name Changed

weso26
My hopes have gone up for him recently. I didn't see that Ireland match, but apparently he was fantastic.

sajeev

he has looked very good in the two matches I have seen him play for Hull (the Liverpool friendly and the match against Blackpool)
Maybe he will be ready for a loan spell with a premiership club by the end of his time with Hull (i think the loan is only till the end of december), would be interesting to see if he makes enough of an impact to interest Premier league clubs to take him on loan in Jan. Whichever way it goes, he also seems to have the determination to make it.
He does look pretty talented but more than that it is his ability to make an impact and stand-out during the match which impresses

Ringo 07

Noel King the Ireland U21 manager reckons Brady is as good as any top young player in England right now!