Brand Finance Football 50: Real Madrid overtake United as most valuable football brand

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That if you look at a map it's pretty obvious why there would be many Irish people in Liverpool and not as many in, say, Bournemouth. Equally obvious why they would support Liverpool or United and not Arsenal.

Also, why go to Uni in Liverpool of all places? SM? :p
Well yeah. They're also all Irish. I'm not sure why not expanding on that means I'm a thicky.
Liverpool is an awesome city. It's the club and the fans that are the problem.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
City the fifth most valuable brand yet struggle to fill their stadium. Hmm, I wonder how that was achieved....
I live in a very mullti cultural city in the West Midlands and hand on heart i've never known or even met a City fan and cannot recall ever seeing someone wearing a City shirt either. By far the most worn shirts are Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool with Arsenal a distant 4th. Celtic and Rangers most non English and Barca probably the most popular non British.

United_We_Stand

How the feck can a club with 12 supporters be in the top 5. Above Liverpool, give over. Liverpool must have 1,000 times more supporters.

How do they work this shit out?
Brand Finance’s methodology takes in factors such as matchday revenue, broadcast revenue and commercial revenue. It then produces a Brand Strength Index (BSI) score out of 100 and uses this to extrapolate future revenue estimations using royalty rates.
2019 marks the first time in nine years that Real Madrid have topped Brand Finance’s rankings. The combination of commercial revenues and on pitch success in the UEFA Champions League has propelled Los Blancos to the apex of the value pyramid.
Real Madrid received €70 million (US$78.4 million) from sponsors Emirates and €110 million (US$123.2 million) from Adidas, whilst their matchday revenues totalled €143 million (US$160.2 million).
Bryn Anderson, Brand Finance Director, said: “Real Madrid have shown this year who truly reigns supreme in the world of football. They triumph not only as the most valuable and strongest brand but their enterprise value and stadium are also ranked second to none.”
Despite Madrid’s BSI actually dropping from 96.2 to 95.5, the club were able to overtake Manchester United as the 20-time English champions’ brand value fell 5.8 per cent year-on-year.
The Red Devils have experienced a tumultuous existence since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson, going through four managers in six years.
The poor performances on the pitch and lack of exposure from not playing regularly in the UEFA Champions League, have seen public perceptions of the brand drop.
https://www.soccerex.com/insight/articles/2019/real-madrid-named-most-valuable-club