Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Changing my mind about him. I know he's a talented player but didn't think he was ready to be first choice LB. I'm starting to think he is now. My MOTM tonight.

Based Adnan

After some good defending in the first couple of mins, he looked completely out of his depth for the next hour.

Leaving Rashford up the pitch so that Brandon had two players to deal with, was not a good idea for this particular match.

Needs to learn how to defend if he is to be a serious option for us.
I don't think it's fair to say a player looked out of their depth defensively when they got left 2v1 vs City constantly. There isn't a fullback in world football that wouldn't struggle with that.

Member 101269

Great to see him getting a yellow; he needs to play the innocent card more. He’s so much better than shaw has been since his injury. He needs phasing in

Utdstar01

Thought his yellow was very harsh. Far more cynical fouls that could've easily warranted a yellow for city.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Changing my mind about him. I know he's a talented player but didn't think he was ready to be first choice LB. I'm starting to think he is now. My MOTM tonight.
My thoughts exactly - I’ve been of the view that he should be eased-in slowly this season and then assessed at the end of the season; now I want him to be first-choice and start every game. Shaw at this stage should only be playing when Williams needs a rest.

R'hllor

Imagine being a LB while your LCB is Jones, must be a nightmare, young kid, looking at senior defender and cant relay on him if you need help or some guide. After that situation where Jones looked like he injured himself after having a wrestling match with a ball, would scratch my head thinking, this guy is living a dream.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
After some good defending in the first couple of mins, he looked completely out of his depth for the next hour.

Leaving Rashford up the pitch so that Brandon had two players to deal with, was not a good idea for this particular match.

Needs to learn how to defend if he is to be a serious option for us.
He is better at defending than Shaw. That makes him a serious option for us. Not bad for a 19 year old from the academy after 10 games or something of first team football.

Needs to stop diving in like hes AWB. He's not AWB
He isn't, but he is quite good at diving in and winning the ball in minimal situations. He is good at judging risk and has good body control so can get away with a lot, and while he seems rash sometimes I just think it is more his aggressive nature. A bit like Robertson. I might be wrong but I seem to remember him sliding in a lot before playing for the first team, I think it is in his style.

gregor

Why don't they try him at RB? He's right footed so he could be even more comfortable there.

Classical Mechanic

I thought he was pretty terrible. Rashford didn't help him out but he got rinsed all night on his side. I think he's the new Gabriel Henize, people get excited because of his attitude and all action style but it belies some really poor fundamentals. People criticise Shaw and AWB for their lack of crossing and attacking output but he's made half as many crosses as AWB and Shaw per 90 so far in the PL, although he's made more key passes.

I guess going forward we hope that he can become a Robertson type full back. He needs to improve massively to be a player here in my view.

Kostov

That's what you get when you give the kids a proper chance. Absolutely love him. The heart and desire he shows is a fresh difference from some of his teammates. Future captain if he continues down this road.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I thought he was pretty terrible. Rashford didn't help him out but he got rinsed all night on his side. I think he's the new Gabriel Henize, people get excited because of his attitude and all action style but it belies some really poor fundamentals. People criticise Shaw and AWB for their lack of crossing and attacking output but he's made half as many crosses as AWB and Shaw per 90 so far in the PL, although he's made more key passes.

I guess going forward we hope that he can become a Robertson type full back. He needs to improve massively to be a player here in my view.
People criticise the attempt of the run overlapping and quality of the cross not the attempt of crosses. He can’t cross or even touch the ball when he makes the run but no one can find him, logic.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It also annoys me that he makes a lot of great runs off the ball down the flank but doesn't receive the ball. Shaw must have made the forward players forget a Full Back actually runs the oppositions byline.

romufc

Keep going lad. I'll always have time for players who fight about them and would die for the jersey. Start him for the next few games.
I have seen a few criticise his performance, I think he done okay.

When we needed a goal, why is it that he seems to take the responsibility from LB?

He was always looking to drive commit players and get forward.

Defensively needs improving but there is definitely potential there.

Bwuk

Should be the first choice left back until the end of the season.

Vault Dweller

I have seen a few criticise his performance, I think he done okay.

When we needed a goal, why is it that he seems to take the responsibility from LB?

He was always looking to drive commit players and get forward.

Defensively needs improving but there is definitely potential there.
Exactly right about responsibility. Late on in the game, he took it upon himself to run down the line and get forward and look to get us on the front foot. So many other players lack things like drive and determination and it's frustrating to see that a very young left back is the one trying to do it. Some of the players should be ashamed of themselves at the moment.

romufc

Exactly right about responsibility. Late on in the game, he took it upon himself to run down the line and get forward and look to get us on the front foot. So many other players lack things like drive and determination and it's frustrating to see that a very young left back is the one trying to do it. Some of the players should be ashamed of themselves at the moment.
The thing is looking at the game, you can't fault Greenwood, Rashford, Fred and Williams.

The rest of the team need to have a hard look at themselves. Lindelof should be taking alot more responsibility as the lead CB.

Jones is finished as a professional footballer.

The basics were bad, ball retention, movement. We need a new midfield.

Vault Dweller

The thing is looking at the game, you can't fault Greenwood, Rashford, Fred and Williams.

The rest of the team need to have a hard look at themselves. Lindelof should be taking alot more responsibility as the lead CB.

Jones is finished as a professional footballer.

The basics were bad, ball retention, movement. We need a new midfield.
I'd agree with all of that.

Pass and Move

Why don't they try him at RB? He's right footed so he could be even more comfortable there.
Because we have an incredibly capable right back playing there already and it's at left back where we're struggling.

Castia

If there’s one shining light it’s Williams, looks like we’ve got a good young player here. First choice when fit for me.

romufc

If there’s one shining light it’s Williams, looks like we’ve got a good young player here. First choice when fit for me.
I would go as far as give him the rest of the season to make that spot his, Shaw cannot come back and be first choice when this lad has done nothing wrong.

iKeano

The kid gets it. Propert urgency in his play, fire in his belly, will to win. First choice LB all day.

Just hope he keeps that fighting spirit and sits with the McTominay camp as opposed to going down the Lingard/Rashford/Pogba route.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Because we have an incredibly capable right back playing there already and it's at left back where we're struggling.
.....who’s incapable in an attacking context; AWB could do the same thing on the left, and be steady behind Rashford. Williams could at least offer an attacking threat on the right in the absence of a viable winger.

In Rainbows

Thought yesterday was his best match in regards to finding his way out of trouble (press). He had the right amount of calm to not give up the ball.

mjstokes85

Love this kid, he is already pushing Shaw for a starting place. I am a big fan of Luke Shaw but he seems such a coward going forward at times, Williams seems to have the balls to take a man on or play a risky pass when it's needed. Defensively he seems switched on as well. A big plus from this season so far.

Man Utd 4:0 Norwich

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Starting to become one of my favorite player. This kid just brings smile watching him.

Last edited:

ash_86

Brilliant today. Hope we sell shaw and bring in a new LB to rotate with Brandon

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Has good presence on the pitch. With players like Shaw and Lingard you don't even know they're there.

OleBoiii

He's basically a fullback version of McTominay. Great attitude.

Should be our first choice now.

LLMU

Could have scored today but what a game from him. Big talent. Should be in the starting eleven every game now.

Andersons Dietician

Suspect a little defensivly but going forward he’s fearless. So much so at times today he just opted to play in the number 10 position and stay up there. The penalty he won comes from such a decision as he went up and just decided to stay up there and is played in.

Did lose the ball a couple of times in dangerous areas but it’s the enthusiasm to attack which really has him standing out Even if at times he is a bit wasteful.

How he didn’t finish that chance god only knows but was great to see him bust a guy to get there.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We play better with him in the side than with Shaw. A lot more of a natural going forward, while Shaw is obviously better defensively. Shame he missed that open goal, but still a very good performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.