Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

keithsingleton

Pleased for the lad, he has his knockers ( not sure why ) but think he may just turn out a regular player in time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No he doesn't. Pereira and TAA was the best full back this season and they are probably earning less than that.
Yeah maybe pack of chips and ketch up is what they are earning.

Somehow every Liverpool players are on low wages but somehow difference between 2 clubs total wages is one Alexis Sanchez.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well done to him. I'm not entirely sure how much I rate Brandon. He's definitely got the aggression, drive and forward thinking mentality you want from a modern fullback. However, he also at other times can appear a tad clumsy, rash and physically weak.

The bright moments do outerweigh the negative ones this past season, for sure. So hopefully he builds on them. Towards the end of the season he became a bit of a liability but maybe that was tiredness/youth. We'll know much more about his level come the end of next season. I wouldn't say he's a talent that is nailed on to make it but one that has shown promise.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Yeah maybe pack of chips and ketch up is what they are earning.

Somehow every Liverpool players are on low wages but somehow difference between 2 clubs total wages is one Alexis Sanchez.
Not sure what has that anything to do with what I said. If anything, it just proves our incompetence in getting the right wages out to players.

roonster09

Scout
Not sure what has that anything to do with what I said. If anything, it just proves our incompetence in getting the right wages out to players.
How is that every Liverpool player is on low wages but their total bill is as high as ours? Difference is around 30 million and that's one Alexis.

Thought by now people would realise how differently wages are reported for different cubs.

gajender

How is that every Liverpool player is on low wages but their total bill is as high as ours? Difference is around 30 million and that's one Alexis.

Thought by now people would realise how differently wages are reported for different cubs.
Let is go mate few have decided United is run by Morons and no evidence to the contrary would change their mind.

roonster09

Scout
Let is go mate few have decided United is run by Morons and no evidence to the contrary would change their mind.
Yeah, somehow people lapped up Salah was on 80K per week at Liverpool when he was signed when his wage was more than 115K per week at Roma.

Kamprad

How tall is he? Wikipedia says 171 but cant be right. Looks at least 183.

Rajma

We just gave him a new improved contract 10 months ago, I really don’t understand the way we operate when it comes to salaries.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Even if you are right, the point is about the exorbitant wages awarded to our young players. TAA was just a reference . You can take any decent full back wages as an example except the City players.

roonster09

Scout
Even if you are right, the point is about the exorbitant wages awarded to our young players. TAA was just a reference . You can take any decent full back wages as an example except the City players.
Yeah but they don't play for big clubs. Big club with very healthy financial status pays good wages, what's so surprising?

He won't get same wages at mid table clubs that's because they don't have financial strength to give these contracts. Agents are not dumb creatures.

It's upto 65k ane no one knows what those bonuses are for. For all we know few of them might be tied to winning PL/CL.

Kostov

Brandon has rapidly become from one of the brightest prospects in the country at LB to overrated and never ever going to be good enough. This place is nuts at times. The kid is okey and very talented, let's hope he continues to grow like he has so far.

Web of Bissaka

jem

So, here's what I don't understand.

He got a contract extension only 10 months ago which takes him through June 2022 with a club option for another year. He was on 40k a week. This new contract effectively adds 2 more years (including another option year) and a >50% pay rise.

Why did we need to do this? We already had 3 more years of control.
Are you sure he was on 40k/week? That seems unbelievable for a player who had hardly played at the time (10 months ago.)

This link has the weekly salaries of the players (I don't how reliable this source is): https://manchesterunitedlatestnews.com/manchester-united-players-wages/

Strangely, Brandon isn't listed, but McTominay is on 10k/week according to this link (again not sure how trustworthy and/or whether it was before his recent extension.)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Applauding a reckless challenge which could have caused injury and he was rightly sent off for? Hmmmmm, the double standards are strong here.
Yet if Roy Keane did it people would be throwing beer in the air and doing a jig all night long.

Idxomer

There's nothing praiseworthy about this tackle. It's good he cut out the recklessness from his game with the 1st team.

We need an rvn

So, here's what I don't understand.

He got a contract extension only 10 months ago which takes him through June 2022 with a club option for another year. He was on 40k a week. This new contract effectively adds 2 more years (including another option year) and a >50% pay rise.

Why did we need to do this? We already had 3 more years of control.
When I heard the news initially I thought I was stuck in a time warp are well as sure he signed one last year and he bought his dad a fancy new car as a surprise etc...

And there's definitely the argument that he just signed a new contract so why are we giving him one 10 months later, sounds crazy...

But then this contract can see him through for the next few years if he is on 40k and a part first XI player. The improvement this year perhaps warrants the extra payrise and also shows the other youngsters how the club reward hard work and improvement etc...

But I get why you're questioning it too

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Bellingham a 16/17 year old who has achieved sod all in the game is rumoured to be on £56,000 a week at Dortmund, yet some of our fans are getting bent out of shape because a young kid who made sacrifices, and worked his friggin tripe off for 10 years to make it at the biggest club on the planet might be getting a few bob more a week, having already proved he can cut it in the Premier League level. Guess some people are just weird.

-Supreme-

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Still don't know about him. Don't think he's a bad player but don't rate him either. He's full of energy but I am yet to see the quality.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not so good today.
What? You watched that whole game where we by and large look absolute shite until Martial comes on and Williams singled out?

McTominay probably had his worst ever game for us (bar Jose's experimentation in defense). Mata had 3 moments, but for most of the match looked physically past it. James didn't have one well executed action in the final third. TFM looking abject going forward.

Of the starters I'd say only Maguire and Lingard performed better than Williams.

Zoo

Thought he was decent. Needs to get on the weights though.

Zlatans Knee

I disagree. I thought he was pretty good, did 95 % of his stuff at a high level and with good effectivity, in a disjointed 11. His passes when playing out from the back were way beyond Fosu-Mensa’s on the other side. For me, only Lingard and Bailly were better on the night.
Bailly?? Are you having a laugh? Bailly was atrocious.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
What? You watched that whole game where we by and large look absolute shite until Martial comes on and Williams singled out?

McTominay probably had his worst ever game for us (bar Jose's experimentation in defense). Mata had 3 moments, but for most of the match looked physically past it. James didn't have one well executed action in the final third. TFM looking abject going forward.

Of the starters I'd say only Maguire and Lingard performed better than Williams.
Posted in all of their threads. There's no singling out.

Idxomer

I still don't see it with him, he has absolutely no standout quality about him.

jamesjimmybyrondean

His right foot is limiting us in attack. He has to do so many tricks to move the ball forward and struggles to get past the half way line. You could see the difference in attack when a left footed Chong came in

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Fair enough, if you're on the rampage :cool:
For the record I really like Williams, just feel he's capable of a lot more than what he showed today. Think he'll be a good player for us in the future. He's confident enough to chop inside and has good energy but on the whole I didn't like what he showed in terms of the quality of his delivery.

Ace of Spades

He was fine, defensively solid and did created a superb chance for a tap in that two players missed.

Copa Mundial

Would really like to see him on the right. Too often he slows down our forward momentum as he often comes back inside onto his right foot.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
For the record I really like Williams, just feel he's capable of a lot more than what he showed today. Think he'll be a good player for us in the future. He's confident enough to chop inside and has good energy but on the whole I didn't like what he showed in terms of the quality of his delivery.
Yeah, for me he wasn't bad within the context of the collective. Would be interesting to see him getting a chance on the right too.

marc1_007

I am not a believer in right footed left back and in twenty minutes of action, Chong looked better than Williams, now Because its too risky to try in meaningful games, I hope they try him there in whatever preseason games we play because if he is able to defend adequately, he will be a great back up for Shaw because a left footer gives greater balance than Wlliams or Fosu-Mensah.
Let Brandon back up Wan Bisakka

Mcking

He is neither a very good attacker nor a very good defender, and he isn't left-footed. He doesn't stand a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.