Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I wouldn't feel confident in starting him away to Bournemouth. Williams left a fair amount of his side open alittle too much for my liking last night.

I Feel in a much more highly pressured game ,against a teams as effective as Bournemouth on the offence at home, it could easily get quite ugly.

Fraser especially will have the beating of Williams quite comfortably and consistently in my opinion.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I wouldn't feel confident in starting him away to Bournemouth. Williams left a fair amount of his side open alittle too much for my liking last night.

I Feel in a much more highly pressured game ,against a teams as effective as Bournemouth on the offence at home, it could easily get quite ugly.

Fraser especially will have the beating of Williams quite comfortably and consistently in my opinion.
Fraser plays on the LW.

And plus, if Hudson Odoi can't outpace him then neither will Fraser.

The space was left by Rojo by the way. Williams job as a wing back is to push up and confront James (chelsea rb).

Rojo should have shuffled over and taken Odoi, but he was too busy holding Maguires hand.

3/5 at the back never works well against a 433 anyway IMO. Against bournemouth we can happily play 4 at the back. Williams is a good LB.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Fraser plays on the LW.

And plus, if Hudson Odoi can't outpace him then neither will Fraser.

The space was left by Rojo by the way. Williams job as a wing back is to push up and confront James (chelsea rb).

Rojo should have shuffled over and taken Odoi, but he was too busy holding Maguires hand.

3/5 at the back never works well against a 433 anyway IMO. Against bournemouth we can happily play 4 at the back. Williams is a good LB.
Fraser swaps wings. He played on the right in Bournemouth's last PL game.

Alfie092

Really hope he establishes himself as our number one LB. We can use that £40m-£60m we save on not having to buy a LB on other areas of the pitch.

Keep Shaw for competition and Young will probably be gone come next summer with his contract ending... unless it gets renewed :houllier:

Adam-Utd

Fraser swaps wings. He played on the right in Bournemouth's last PL game.
Wouldn't be scared of Fraser out running Shaw or Williams.

Young on the other hand might be a problem.

I'd be more worried about King/Wilson TBH.

EdinburghDevil

I thought Williams done well again last night.

The space Chelsea got on the left was mainly due to Rojo not stepping across wide when Williams advanced forward. Lindelof was much more effective at this when AWB went on the other side.

Adam-Utd

The space Chelsea got on the left was mainly due to Rojo not stepping across wide when Williams advanced forward. Lindelof was much more effective at this when AWB went on the other side.
Bingo. Compare it to the other side and Lindelof was pushed much higher and backing AWB up.

If we want to continue using this formation then Tuanzebe will be much more effective when he's back from injury.

Gerald G

He did well last night but there's no rush in starting him game in and game out. I'm content with how things are going right now.

StrettyEnder07

Unbelievable performance from the lad, has looked good and a leader in the U21s and the confidence and attitude of him last night, brilliant.

That was what his 3rd start, Chelsea away under the lights with a lad who Munich think is worth 40/50M running at you and he was superb, plus he did not get much help from Rojo all night and was having to deal with their full back as well as Hudson-Odi, superb.

Move over Shaw think you may have some serious competition for your place.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Chelsea's attackers are very talented and he dealt with them admirably. He was disciplined throughout & composed in his challenges which you need to be in tricky away ties. For someone just making his 3rd? start, he was very impressive. Hope he keeps it up.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Who was the young LB LVG brought into the side? He looked great, had an amazing cross on him, wonder why it never worked out for him?

How do people compare Williams with him?

Bwuk

Who was the young LB LVG brought into the side? He looked great, had an amazing cross on him, wonder why it never worked out for him?

Borthwick-Jackson.

Williams is better. CBJ had a great cross but not much else. He's never really managed to kick on.

Thiagoal

Can’t believe everyone is blaming Williams for the space down the right? Rojo was playing virtually centrally and thus Williams had an impossible task covering the space! When we went to a back four he kept the left side really solid

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Did well defensively. I just hope he has a good cross in him.
I haven't seen him too much in the youth teams but with him being a right footed left back I guess crossing is not his main strength.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Borthwick-Jackson.

Williams is better. CBJ had a great cross but not much else. He's never really managed to kick on.
Thanks couldn't for the life of me remember his name

Foxbatt

When we play the back 3 Rojo gets into a mess. Put a back 4 and he would be better so better to help out Williams. for sure to me is much better than playing Young. Yes he is going to make mistakes and that may lead to us conceding too but if we do not play him then he will not get the experience to be a better player.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
I genuinely thought Ole would start him today. Was disappointed he didn’t.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Borthwick Jackson. He looked great under van Gaal, same with Fosu-Mensah. I was certain they'd both make it.

I think we loaned him to Wolves and they just never used him, basically lost a year of development.

Adam-Utd

Ole better not put him back in the reserves once shaw is fit.

young needs to be dropped pronto.

Mcking

He looked bright and brought some sense of urgency. I'd expect him to lose those completely with more time with the first team.

Devil may care

Arguably the biggest bright spot right now, I don't want to jinx it or venture into hyperbole but he's going to be one of the best LB's in the game in a few years.

M16Red

Arguably the biggest bright spot right now, I don't want to jinx it or venture into hyperbole but he's going to be one of the best LB's in the game in a few years.
:devil: I hope so, we've not had a consistent or good LB since Evra.

ManUArfa

I was impressed when he came on in yesterday's game. He at least showed attacking intent and slipped a clever ball through which could have resulted in a point for us. More of a modern fullback than most of our other fullbacks...

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Showed more attacking play in 5 mins than what our 50m new right back showed this whole season.

Keep starting this guy. Its not like we are fighting for anything now. Anything above 10th is a bonus now.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Like it. His defensive part is questionable, but his attacking play suit United style. He reminds me of Evra with that good link up play.

Based Adnan

Like it. His defensive part is questionable, but his attacking play suit United style. He reminds me of Evra with that good link up play.
I agree having watched him in the reserves but funnily enough he's shown the opposite in the first team so far. Fairly solid defensively but a bit reserved going forward. I'm sure it'll come in time!

Obiorahking_

I like him, but im concerned about him being right footed. Need to see that he can make the good cross using his left when in a dangerous position

dbs235

If Young starts ahead of him when he's back, it's a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.