Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The United

All of this vital experience Young has doesn't seem to be helping him though, that's my point.

Experience is important, of course. But someone shouldn't get in the team on that alone.

It doesn't matter anyway. Hopefully this is the start of a run for Williams. He can only benefit from stiffer tests in the future.
You are harsh on Young as most are.

It is normal for Caf now. Like I point out, young did just had a decent game the other day.

Marcelinho87

You are harsh on Young as most are.

It is normal for Caf now. Like I point out, young did just had a decent game the other day.
Young has plenty of decent games but people like to remember his poor ones and beat him with em.

Fact is though, Young isn't good enough anymore.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Needs to be careful when opponents are running towards the sideline, any little nudge to the advertising boards could cause a serious injury.

Tarrou

Such a bonus for Ole to have him as an option and pushing others for starts. Saves us a transfer in the summer. I assume he can play on the right too?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Such a bonus for Ole to have him as an option and pushing others for starts. Saves us a transfer in the summer. I assume he can play on the right too?
Yep. Comfortable on both sides luckily

Because I feel that Williams is not ready for the whole season yet.

The experience of young will be vital in some games and this season. And, I hope he moves on next season and we will have good options with Shaw and Williams by then.
Completely agree. He’s just made his first start in the PL. Most players have a bit of a dip after they get in the team, the manager is taking the right approach with the young players, the same with Greenwood. They won’t be playing game after game every week.

He will get games, and he looks very exciting, let’s ease him in and enjoy seeing him develop.

We have two young FBs, Young will be needed throughout the season.

Kostov

The kid needs to stay in the starting eleven, forget about Young. If Shaw wants to play he should earn his place back. Developing Williams should be our main focus for LB.

Last edited:

el3mel

We're far away from top 4 and are challenging for feck all. It's better to use this season to develop some youngsters like Williams instead of playing useless players like Young, Lingard, Mata ..etc. We won't be losing more than what we already did. At least there will be something exciting to look forward to.

Based Adnan

Love the fact he tries to play himself out down the line rather than just hoof and inshallah to the left winger

Ace of Spades

He is very talented, always has been, the challenge for him would be to mature more on his decision making and controlling his aggressiveness, which so far has been good.

zenith

Looks like a walking talking red card but that's something that can be taken care of.

The core talent is definitely there for all to see. Shaw better keep an eye out or he won't be a regular anymore whenever he comes back from injury.

As for young, he ain't going anymore but always gives 100%. Really don't see the need to diss him. He's way past his prime and is not even a full back to begin with.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Engine. Desire. Focus. Simply he's above average in all 3 of those which have put him in a decent position in his young career. If he can leverage those natural skills into improving his football skills then he will be a top player

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Should be starting at this point, which is in part down to him but mostly down to our other shit options at left back.

If we want to build this team, id still want us to actually sign a left back that can contribute to the attack. Lets see how he develops by the end of this season.

Kweku Amonoo

He's good, but being right footed playing as a left back will always affect his ability to hold the width. He likes to pass into the central positions more than to go outside onto his left. It's unfortunate. I think he should switch to right back, because AWB isn't much of a footballer.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Ole wont start him two games a week (and that's probably the right decision), so we're going to continue seeing him rotate with Young until Shaw is back. Hopefully people don't get upset about that but of course they will.

The big questions are:

1) Will Williams get the more important league games with Young getting the cup games?
2) When Shaw does come back (and presumably getting back to somewhat decent form), which of Williams and Young will rotate with him and which will drop down to being a fairly obvious third choice?

The answers to those two questions are the important things. Not the fact that Young will continue to get quite a few games for now.

CM

Impressed with what I've seen of him so far. Shaw might have a bit of a problem taking his place back if Williams is given a run of games.

E-mal

He's good, but being right footed playing as a left back will always affect his ability to hold the width. He likes to pass into the central positions more than to go outside onto his left. It's unfortunate. I think he should switch to right back, because AWB isn't much of a footballer.
That's my thought too.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't think so, Dalot will also turn into a very good player.
Where even is Dalot, is he out injured again?

Couldn't be more happy for Williams, like McTominay he bleeds United. He was one of my favourite players down in the youth team, he's managed to keep himself in check so far, naturally wanting to impress, but he certainly had a red card and a fight in him for the U18s/U23s, I imagine we'll see more of that side of him in the heated derbies. I don't think Shaw or Young should automatically get their places back, I think Williams deserves to keep it on merit for the next few games. That MOTM award must mean the world to him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not surprised he's doing well and I even made posts about him getting a opportunity which i'm glad he has now been given. Hopefully Ethan Laird can stay clear of injuries and get a opportunity soon. Laird IMO is the most talented fullback we have from the academy.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not surprised he's doing well and I even made posts about him getting a opportunity which i'm glad he has now been given. Hopefully Ethan Laird can stay clear of injuries and get a opportunity soon. Laird IMO is the most talented fullback we have from the academy.
I've been wanting to see Laird play for so long, people keep asking for attacking full backs and whatnot, Laird's almost in a league of his own for attacking fullbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.